Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

SPIRES OF DEATH HELP!!!!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wizard-lord Baldur

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: SPIRES OF DEATH HELP!!!!!!!! Reply with quote Back to top

I need help with Spires of Death. I can only beat two or three Spires until the werewolves and vampires take me down. I really want to beat this quest so please help!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:50 pm    Post subject: SPIRES OF DEATH HELP!!!!!!!! Reply with quote Back to top

This is the most difficult Majesty Quest. There are 5 Spires which must all be destroyed within 5 Ardanian days otherwise they will begin to regenerate. Each Spire that gets destroyed generates a stronger wave of monsters. The monsters are stronger and more numerous the more heroes you have.

One approach is to use dwarves and ballistas to help defend your town. If you go that way you will have to put in trading posts to generate gold. You will need a lot of gold in this Quest to help your heroes prevail. Otherwise, put in Elves and 3 markets with lots of inns. If you go with Elves I recommend you use enchanted wizard towers for defense. Anti-magic spell from the Wizard's Guild helps defend heroes against vampires.

Stay away from heroes that you cannot control. You don't want heroes destroying a Spire before you are ready. Most particularly you do not want to start destroying Spires before you have located all of them.

Once you have built up large quantities of gold and have trained up your heroes the best strategy is to attack the Spires one at a time reducing their hitpoints. You may do this with a combination of heroes and EarthQuake. The Gate spell at the Sorcerer's Abode is useful for taking out the last Spire.

I think any combination of heroes is valid in this quest. Fervus and Krypta will help greatly in defense. Cultists can charm werewolves and if you are lucky and play it right Priestesses can control vampires. Healers have a harm undead spell which is helpful against skels. Monks are a bit slow but highly magic resitant. If you use Monks consider putting in Lunord for Winged Feet spell. And of course Paladins past level 5 or so can pretty much take care of themselves. However, my favorite heroes for this Quest are barbarians. With 3 Temples to Krolm 18 Barbarians and a mega-economy built on the Elven Bungalow bonus you can invoke Rage of Krolm pretty much non-stop through most of the monster waves while taking out the Spires.

Some of the best Majesty players have taken as many as 90+ days and several attempts before they have been able to claim vicotry in this Quest. KernelQ holds the best completion time at 35 days. Korben and I come in second at 40 days using Krolm.

[ 07. May 2003, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Apple

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 7:25 pm    Post subject: SPIRES OF DEATH HELP!!!!!!!! Reply with quote Back to top

My favourite strategy is with two battalions of elite (or at least veteran) Monks. If I remember correctly, it gives me a win at around Day 46.

I think I've written about it before in one of the other topics in this forum. Do a search with the search tool - there should be a few topics with good strategies for Spires of Death.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: SPIRES OF DEATH HELP!!!!!!!! Reply with quote Back to top

I tried Monks, Apple. They didn't work for me. At least not in a 46 day time frame. Pretty darn good. I finally found your post about this. It was a little sketchy on the details except that you used a lot of other heroes for firepower.

I have gotten used to my Barbie Dolls to solve the problems of this quest. They are so much easier for me. I also have fun watching those little red flames over all the heroes' heads.

[ 07. May 2003, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Cooker

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 7:36 pm    Post subject: SPIRES OF DEATH HELP!!!!!!!! Reply with quote Back to top

Try "Cooker's Ultimate Solution" if you have one hour at hand

Build a ranger's guild and recruit 4 rangers, upgrade palace to lvl 2, do not recruit any more heroes.

build a blacksmith and upgrade it to level 3. build a settlement and start building balista towers

keep expanding your town, defend only with balista towers

when your rangers reach level 12 or so, build a Masulium, lighting your rangers to death and store them there, so they will not take down any more spires

build at least one of each guild, do not recruit any heroes, build 3 if you have the time

meanwhile, make sure you have at least 5 marketplace and 2 outpust, surrounded , of course, by ballista towers

now build about 300 ballista, make sure you have at least 2 layers of towers surrounding your town, 3 perferblily.

gain magic control all over the map by building wizard tower and ballista tower side by side

use reveal spell to see the entire map

surround, as much as possible, each spire with ballista towers ( I had only around 250, it's possible ... )

place 10000 reward on each spire

resurrect all heroes hire heroes, as fast as possilbe, from each guild

dwarf first, and barbs, if you went for their temples, if you chose order, use monks and healers, if you chose chaos, use WOD

sit back and watch the fireworks ...

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 10:36 pm    Post subject: SPIRES OF DEATH HELP!!!!!!!! Reply with quote Back to top

Yes! I'll try this later this week, but it may take awhile. My parents are devorced and the game is at my dad's house, while I'm at my mom's...

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:24 am    Post subject: SPIRES OF DEATH HELP!!!!!!!! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Isn't that using a cheat though? I guess it's okay if you want to really beat the map, but it is possible without using it...

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:22 pm    Post subject: SPIRES OF DEATH HELP!!!!!!!! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman:
quote:
Isn't that using a cheat though? I guess it's okay if you want to really beat the map, but it is possible without using it...
No. He means the spell from the Wizard Towers.

wavefront

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:34 pm    Post subject: SPIRES OF DEATH HELP!!!!!!!! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:
quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman:
quote:
No. He means the spell from the Wizard Towers.
Oh, you mean FARSEEING.

That's much different than revelation.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: SPIRES OF DEATH HELP!!!!!!!! Reply with quote Back to top

Cooker,

Did you do all this without upgrading your palace to level 3? I think the markets earn more money if your palace is at level 3. Wouldn't it be worth my while to recruit at least 12 heroes?

Or, did you really do all this and just level up 4 Rangers?

quote:
Originally posted by Cooker:
surround, as much as possible, each spire with ballista towers ( I had only around 250, it's possible ... )

You had 250 ballista towers??????
How many Ardanian days did it take to build all that?

[ 02. June 2003, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

smeagol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:37 pm    Post subject: SPIRES OF DEATH HELP!!!!!!!! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:

When I first read this I went HUH , I have a hard time building 4 ballista towers, then I remembered, I play mainly online, and it costs a lot more for each one you build in multiplayer online DUH!
Having played so many online games, I think I would have a rough time going back and trying to better my times on many of the scenarios

wavefront

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:08 pm    Post subject: SPIRES OF DEATH HELP!!!!!!!! Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Spiderman:

Finding the all the Spires early is almost counter-productive. Some hero types will be drawn to them (either to destroy them or steal from them) like a moth to a flame.

Cooker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: SPIRES OF DEATH HELP!!!!!!!! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:
Cooker,

Did you do all this without upgrading your palace to level 3? I think the markets earn more money if your palace is at level 3. Wouldn't it be worth my while to recruit at least 12 heroes?

Or, did you really do all this and just level up 4 Rangers?

quote:

You had 250 ballista towers??????
How many Ardanian days did it take to build all that?

4 rangers in Mansoleum are all heroes I had. I had 2 outposts, around 6 markets, godless amount of inns and 0 trading posts. I never upgraded to level 3 palace since I know that would spell doom.

250 ballistas took appoximately 4 Ardanian months. which is not such a big problem when the game is set on high speed.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: SPIRES OF DEATH HELP!!!!!!!! Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I think that's why Cooker says to keep your heros in the Mansoleum until you're ready to use them. Still, if you're using cheats, why not "Victory is Mine" or whatever? It's hard and challenging (to the point of frustration, I agree) without cheats, but once you do it, you can say you did it

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:46 am    Post subject: SPIRES OF DEATH HELP!!!!!!!! Reply with quote Back to top

Doh! For some reason I'm reading all of this and it occurs to me that I've been thinking of that barrow quest all this time, not the Spires

In any case, thanks Goldy, that makes more sense. It's just that with the combination of "reveal" and the phrase itself led me to believe he used one "action" to show the whole map and the only thing I could think of to do that was the cheat. I get it now.

The only question now is that with Ballistas as your only defense (aside from the 4 rangers until you Bolt them), are they enough to hold off the monster hordes that come periodically, at least in the beginning? I guess so, if Cooker says it works... maybe I ought to try and see

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: