Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Day of Reckoning (Update June 2003)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wavefront

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 12:43 pm    Post subject: Day of Reckoning (Update June 2003) Reply with quote Back to top

Foreword (June 1, 2003): This was my very first post. While I was a little over exuberant and left out some necessary details I believe this strategy is sound. I have revisited this quest a few times over the years and I have to admit that it is one of the toughest quests to write a walkthrough for because there is a certain amount of luck involved in it. With that in mind I have endeavored to bring some more detailed analysis in order to make this strategy more successful.

Since my strategy relies on recruiting Paladins ad infinitum it is essential that you find the Temple of Dauros as quickly a possible. At the same time you want to avoid finding the Temple of Fervus because you can't recruit Paladins if you have an existing Temple of Fervus (though in a pinch you could demolish it).
So what's the big deal about Paladins?
  • You can recruit as many you want (as long as your gold holds out). Since you can only build guilds you are limited in the number of heroes you can recruit from temples and non-human races.
  • They have the best base armor value of any hero class (10 before the shield of light bonus - see below).
  • They don't run away very often.
  • They automatically have the shield of light spell (All paladins start at level 4 or higher). This is a great spell (+10 dodge, +10 parry, +15 Magic Resistance, +4 armor).
  • They are the fastest warrior class.
  • They tend to fight and travel in formation.
  • They respond favorably to attack flags and can be recalled instantly with call to arms.
OK, so Paladins are good, you can only recruit them when you find the Temple to Dauros.
It could be anywhere… By the time I find it, the game might be over!
That's true… if you don't know where to look. But, I can tell you where it will be (approximately) 95% of the time and how you can find it before the Temple to Fervus 100% of the time.
Not convinced?
OK do this:
1. Find the Wizard's Guild.
2. Draw an imaginary line from the Wizard's guild through the center of your castle and to one of the corners of the map.
3. Look in that corner and you will find the Temple of Dauros, Temple of Agrela and the Royal Gardens grouped together.
4. Find the Ranger's Guild.
5. Draw an imaginary line from the Ranger's guild through the center of your castle and to one of the corners of the map.
6. Look in that corner and you will find the Dwarven Settlement, Elven Bungalow and The Gnome Hovel.
Sometimes other buildings will be placed in the way and the imaginary line will point to the center of a map edge and not the corner. If this is the case, use the other guild to help locate the correct positions.
Remember this rule: the Temple of Dauros is CLOCKWISE one corner from the non-human guilds.
If you mess up and find the wrong settlement by mistake don't sweat it because the Temple of Fervus is in the opposite corner of the Temple of Dauros (as it should be). If you find another group of buildings simply go to the adjacent corner and you will find the Law/Life temples.
If you picture your map corners and go clockwise, you get:
1. Non-Human Guilds
2. Temples of Dauros and Agrela
3. Temples of Krolm, Helia, and Lunord
4. Temples of Fervus and Krypta

WAVEFRONT'S DAY OF RECKONING WALKTHROUGH
  • The first thing you should do is set the speed option to minimum.
  • Next turn off repair on every building. If you feel you must leave on your castle and guilds that’s OK I guess but, you will have to rely on the intelligence(?) of your peasants to fix/upgrade your kingdom.
    (Editors note: If you start this quest in The Northern Expansion Pack for Majesty (NE) your housing automatically is off the building/repair queue.)
  • Build Rogues guild next to your castle but leave enough room to …
  • Build a market -- right in front of your castle door. (If something is in the way, get it as close as you can.)
  • Upgrade your market to level 3. This will take a day or two so in the mean time...
  • Find... (1) The Temple of Dauros (2) The Temple of Krolm (3) The Elven Bungalow
    They are near map corners (see the forward notes to find these buildings.)
  • The best way to find the temples fast is by not recruiting rangers. Instead, set a 300g explore flag near one corners of the map. Now recruit a rogue to go after it. As soon he approaches the flag he should discover one of the temples. You can now "steer" the rogue in any direction you want by setting a new explore flag just before he reaches the first one. The rogue never seems to get tired of this “capture the flag” game so keep him busy.
  • The first temple you find will determine the location of the rest of them (Many thanks to Apple for this tip.) They are: (going clockwise)
    1. Non-Human Guilds
    2. Temples of Dauros and Agrela
    3. Temples of Krolm, Helia, and Lunord
    4. Temples of Fervus and Krypta
  • As soon as you find the temple of DAUROS start recruiting Paladins like they’re going out of style -- Is you guild is full? Build another! -- Are you short on gold? Extort some more!(see note below)
    Note: if you don’t like that huge “cut” the rogues guild takes every time you extort, try this. If your market is directly in front of your castle gate (see above) wait for your tax collector to step outside. Set both his minimum pickup and minimum return to 100. As soon as he gets the gold from the market (his first stop since it’s just a step away), he turns around and goes back inside. Now click on extort and let the guild gather the rest of the gold. This action will clear the entire map of gold. It even gets your cut of the gold your heroes have just picked up! Just keep repeating this process and you’ll save hundreds in guild fees and quickly replenish your royal treasury at the same time. Can you say, “More gold your majesty”?
  • By now the Witch King should be spewing Giant spiders all over the place. The spiders in turn are eating your buildings like mutant termites. Your Paladins will eventually hunt him down, but to speed up the process you will need to slow him down by:
    Attacking (flag) him with any hero available
    Cast the sovereign spell Petrify to keep him from teleporting away.
  • Once the witch king is dead you can build a blacksmith, library and second level 3 market. Turn the game speed up if you like. Use the Rage of Krolm and smile as those Paladins kill the waves of Black Phantoms like hungry piranha fish. The last wave starts around day 19. Use all your resources to get rid of this wave and the game is won.
Addendum: The paladins are very good fighters but they do need support in this dangerous quest. Healers wont follow paladins so you have to either heal them manually (you did find the Temple of Agrela, right?). Another idea is to recruit one warrior and 3 paladins from each warriors guild. The warriors are a little slower than the paladins but I find the Rage of Krolm makes the speed difference seem negligible. The heroes will have a lot of spending money from killing all the monsters so make sure they are able to upgrade there armor, weapons etc. The one guild that you really need is the Temple of Krolm. The last wave incluses a force 6 dragons and Vendral - The Dragon King. All the dragons attack the outlying guilds and temples. The may well destroy the Temple of Krolm just when you need it the most. You might consider building a Bilista tower or two during one of the slow periods between waves to help protect it.
Good luck.

[ 01. June 2003, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: wavefront ]

wavefront

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 2:19 pm    Post subject: Day of Reckoning (Update June 2003) Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Paladin Lisa D'angler:
2nd Question...I'd have to say on this essay question that there in different places all the time, but usually somewhere in the corners of the map. If you divide the map into 9 equal box thingy's, and ya number them 1-9, starting at the top, numbering them left to right, the temples are usually in boxes 1, 3, 7, and 9.

Yeah, That's pretty much all I could figure too, but I was hoping one of you Majesty Veterans knew some sort of subtle trick like -- "The Witch King will always appear on the side opposite Dauros" or something like that and I was just missing it.
But thanks for the fast reply on this normally slow part of the Forum

------------------
"Hey,it's good to be the King."
- Mel Brooks History of the World Part I

[This message has been edited by wavefront (edited 17 October 2001).]

wavefront

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 2:31 pm    Post subject: Day of Reckoning (Update June 2003) Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Paladin Lisa D'angler:
If ya need a Majesty "veteran" to answer a question, post in General Majesty Discussions. Most of the old people hang there. I am definitely not a veteran, I've only played it for 6 months out of my pitiful 12 years of life.

Thanks for the tip. You're more of a vet than I.

------------------
"Hey, it's good to be the King."

wavefront

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 2:48 pm    Post subject: Day of Reckoning (Update June 2003) Reply with quote Back to top

------------------

[This message has been edited by wavefront (edited 19 October 2001).]

Spiderman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 6:07 am    Post subject: Day of Reckoning (Update June 2003) Reply with quote Back to top

It's been a while since I did it (especially since I got the expansion and forgot to move over my files), but I found that killing the Witch King as early as possible helped alot since you didn't have his swarm of spiders to contend with. I think I actually did it after the next 2 or three bosses came around, but the first time I tried this quest, the spiders were just too much. Thus, I think I had a Wizards Guild and protected him until I got Fireblast and probably finding Fervus and Krypta helped with their ability to charm and generate skeletons (to run interference).

------------------
Thwip!

Apple

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 7:10 am    Post subject: Day of Reckoning (Update June 2003) Reply with quote Back to top

The temples and guilds are divided into four groups at each of the four corners of the map:
1) Fervus, Krypta
2) Dwarves, Elves and Gnomes
3) Agrela, Dauros
4) Krolm, Lunord, Helia

When you find one group, you can tell where the other groups are. Group 2 is clockwise from group 1. Continuing clockwise you get groups 3 then 4.

Apple

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 7:13 am    Post subject: Day of Reckoning (Update June 2003) Reply with quote Back to top

Economically, I would suggest one Level 3 Marketplace ASAP. If the Witch King is dead, then get a second Level 3 Marketplace. Otherwise, get the Fairgrounds.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 8:25 am    Post subject: Day of Reckoning (Update June 2003) Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Apple:
The temples and guilds are divided into four groups at each of the four corners of the map.....

I really hate to disagree with the rarely wrong Apple, but I know that I have played this one when they weren't located in the corners. It sticks in my brain when they aren't where I am looking. In that game they were a quarter distance offset from the corner (just enough to not find them with reward flags in the corner).

But thanks Apple for the ordering of the Guilds. I didn't know that. That's a good tip.

Goldy

------------------
Yarg!!!!!!!!!!!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
wavefront

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 10:38 pm    Post subject: Day of Reckoning (Update June 2003) Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks ---Apple, Goldy and everyone else for your help. I've updated my post a little to reflect the new info.

------------------

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 6:07 am    Post subject: Day of Reckoning (Update June 2003) Reply with quote Back to top

I gotta agree with Goldy; I think the time I won, one of the placements was in the bottom center and the Krypta/Fervus was upper center. But it's consistent that way too, so I'd say it's either the corners or centers of each side.

------------------
Thwip!

RedChaos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 9:11 pm    Post subject: Day of Reckoning (Update June 2003) Reply with quote Back to top

So you're saying there anywhere, but by the center? It seems to that if one is in the corner, the next isn't, sorta alternates.

------------------
Smitten with Love I am the Kitten

Apple

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 11:39 pm    Post subject: Day of Reckoning (Update June 2003) Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, you're right Goldy. They are not always in the corner. If you divide the map into a 5 by 5 grid of squares, each group would occupy the corner square or one of the two squares next to the corner.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 7:51 am    Post subject: Day of Reckoning (Update June 2003) Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I think what Apple is saying is that if you divide the borders into a line of 5 squares, a group would either be in the exact corner OR in one of the two adjacent squares. So you could have one group in the upper right corner and all of the rest in the square to the right of their respective corners; or 2 groups in corners (say the bottom) and on the top, one group would be in the square below the upper left coner and one would be in the square to the left of the upper right corner; etc.

------------------
Thwip!

Apple

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 12:06 pm    Post subject: Day of Reckoning (Update June 2003) Reply with quote Back to top

OUCH!

Pak-Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2001 2:56 am    Post subject: Day of Reckoning (Update June 2003) Reply with quote Back to top

First, some backstory. :^)

I got Majesty as a Birthday present when it first came out and was immediately hooked. Needless to say I became totally addicted to the game and could do nothing but play it for the following 2 weeks, and in a flash, I'd beaten it. Quite satisfied, I put the game into storage until recently when I realized the expansion was out. Eagerly I installed it only to find that Majesty had been uninstalled, and with it, all saved info. Not wanting to start the new until I refinish the old, I went back to work on my old addiction. My quest: To conquer all the southern quests so I can EARN my way into these nice northern expansion quests. I did well for a while, but realized that my strategy has changed over the years. (It says a lot about you if you put a game down for a year and then see what your new strategy is.) Anyway to make a long story short, I just don't have what it takes to make it through this blasted Day of Reckoning. I feel like a DoRk. I MUST beat this so I can see what the northern realms have to offer. It's so frustrating because I know I've DONE this before.. I just don't recall how I did it.
Enough backstory... Here're my obstacles

1) Money. I could build up an army to rival all if I could afford the warriors.. And the blacksmith, and the library, And the wizard's guild upgrades, and the temple warriors, and the bounties, and the guard towers.. I need to know how to make money when up to my neck in spiders.

2) (Speaking of spiders) That DAGBLASTED witch king. Bounties don't seem to grab the attention of anyone willing to fight him, and by the time I can even see him to put a bounty on his head, I'm out of the money to support ANYONE in a fight. I've made it to the point when that 3 headed dragon was attacking and the Witch king was STILL somewhere out there in the shadows tossing spiders at me. He's VERY tough to flag and when discovered has an annoying tendancy to seek the nearest shadowy area and stay there, which brings me to...

3) The shadows of the unknown. If my heros knew where the enemies were, they'd go do something about 'em before they get into my city infrastructure. Problem is, if I send my heroes out to explore, they leave the city undefended as hordes and hordes of spiders eat up my critical buildings. Not only that, but they tend to make rather unhelpful beelines to the flag, leaving a lot of shadow up there. Rangers are supposed to have a desire to explore but they don't seem to want to DO anything in this quest.

I'm at rope's end. I know I CAN do it.. I've DONE it.. But I can't seem to do it again for the life of me. Any tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading all this. :^)

Pak-Man

[This message has been edited by Pak-Man (edited 30 October 2001).]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: