Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Elven Treachery Help!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Yeordric

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 3:09 am    Post subject: Elven Treachery Help! Reply with quote Back to top

I can live with the elves nailing innocent people with their cowardly bows, even though they ostenibly want me to raise money for ransom. I can live with the prospect of wiping them out and total war.

What I absolutely CANNOT ABIDE is that the elves -- murderous infiltrators from an enemy kingdom -- are able to visit my own marketplaces, blacksmiths, and rogue's guilds to get healing potions, buy new weapons and armor, and poison their weapons.

There must be some in-game control or switch which I am missing that prevents enemy creatures from entering my shops and guilds. Any ideas?

On an unrelated side-note, how do I turn off the opening cinematics? I tire of having to press "ESC" four times each time I launch the game.

------------------

• King Yeordric
  • His Most Noble Highness

Decorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 10:33 am    Post subject: Elven Treachery Help! Reply with quote Back to top

See the topic "Seeking Advice\Please Help" nearby.
I posted tips on elven treachery in there.

Decorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 3:42 pm    Post subject: Elven Treachery Help! Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah...fyin elves is so satisfying...THEY TOOK YOUR SON!!!!!!

Spiderman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 11:08 pm    Post subject: Elven Treachery Help! Reply with quote Back to top

Basically build guardhouses to keep them out.

To skip the opening sequence, add -nointro to the shortcut.

------------------
Thwip!

King Yeordric

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 2:10 am    Post subject: Elven Treachery Help! Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the good news is that I finished Elven Treachery and those no-goodnik elves were wiped out to the last pointy earlobe.

Paladins really are the secret to this level. My strategy:

1. Build a Ranger guild (and Gnome hovels, optionally) to get the requisite 4 heros. Use a couple of guardhouses with arrow upgrades to keep the elves away.

2. Upgrade to level 2 castle and build a temple of Dauros and a warrior's guild. Build and maintain two marketplaces for income.

3. Forget about the monks of Dauros -- they are too slow and expensive. Instead, make as many paladins as you can manage, adding a second warrior's guild as soon as you can. You need paladins because no other unit can catch the elves -- warriors, monks, rogues are all too slow. Rangers can catch them, but rangers never work in concert and get killed too easily.

4. As money and time allow, build a blacksmithy, trading posts, inn, and other support buildings.

5. In the endgame, build a rogue's guild and another warrior's guild, and recruit warriors instead of paladins. Paladins will take forever to attack buildings -- they will attack moving targets preferentially. To kill the elf bungalows and hideouts, you need warriors and mercenary rogues.

6. Don't forget to use the Stoneskin spell from the Temple of Dauros to give your paladins virtual invulnerability to arrows.

There's also an unfortunate truth in this scenario -- if your castle starts out in a bad place and you get jumped by elves from several directions, you're just screwed. After several aborted attempts, it was clear that I would have to wait until my castle spawned near the edge of the map, so I wouldn't have elves converging on me from every direction.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 6:39 am    Post subject: Elven Treachery Help! Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I usually found that elves came from one or two directions, not several, so my two guardhouses went to the two available free directions, depending on where the castle was placed (like if it was upper right, I'd place one left and one south). That usually was enough to discourage the initial waves.

------------------
Thwip!

Decorn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 11:39 pm    Post subject: Elven Treachery Help! Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats on a mission well done.

*Aplause*
Sorry, I gotta do this to everyone who wins a mission.

Automaton

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 3:00 am    Post subject: Elven Treachery Help! Reply with quote Back to top

I ended up going with Gnomes, and making a temple to krolm. I played defense with my warriors and barbs and stuff until I had some good upgrades, then I started targeting the bungalows and Raging. The extra speed and power of Rage made my four warriors, four Rangers, and four Barbarians run the elves down to the last man. I would have completed the map in under 20 days had I not failed to uncover a Rogue guild off on the very side of the map.

Korben

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 9:04 am    Post subject: Elven Treachery Help! Reply with quote Back to top

>On an unrelated side-note, how do I turn off the opening cinematics? I tire of having to press "ESC" four times each time I launch the game.<

Yes it's annoying, well at expansion you have to press ESC only twice

Korben

DBD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2001 3:24 pm    Post subject: Elven Treachery Help! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Automaton:
I ended up going with Gnomes, and making a temple to krolm. I played defense with my warriors and barbs and stuff until I had some good upgrades, then I started targeting the bungalows and Raging. The extra speed and power of Rage made my four warriors, four Rangers, and four Barbarians run the elves down to the last man. I would have completed the map in under 20 days had I not failed to uncover a Rogue guild off on the very side of the map.

In my first win I was more classical (mostly Paladin plus use of Vigilance spelling. But I recently played this quest in a way similar to yours.

I build two Temple of Kron as fast than possible (Rogue guild level 1, 4 rogues, palace level 2, only some Market improve). No Warriors, no Rangers, No Blacksmith, No wizard.

At the very beginning the Barbarians was like towers, when an elf see one he flees.

It helps me build towers later, and during this phase, the 8 barbarians was recruited, already terorizing the elves.

I build some towers, and some other to manage two trading post and later a third one.

Later I build a third Kron Temple, Garden and Training Ground. I also used few RoK. I had strong economy and already the rogues building destructed with some elves buildings.

Then I mostly only use RoK, Fleing elves leading Barbariand to elves buiding, and also few explore flags for the thieves.

That was amazingly easier than my previous game. I saw Barbarian having long range shot, mostly all the time a Barb shot on a level 1 elf result in a death.

At the end, not a single Barb of my 12 barbarians had die through the whole game. Amazing. Ok I win only in 23 days, but pretty good for me and I take my time (garden and Training ground was for fun for example).

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: Elven Treachery Help! Reply with quote Back to top

bump

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
vaneth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:28 am    Post subject: Elven Treachery Help! Reply with quote Back to top

As an Elven supporter, I believe that players should be able to build the Elven Hideout in this Quest. I am presently working on a way to introduce this to the Majesty Wish List.

jas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Elven Treachery Help! Reply with quote Back to top

King Yeordric wrote:
There's also an unfortunate truth in this scenario -- if your castle starts out in a bad place and you get jumped by elves from several directions, you're just screwed. After several aborted attempts, it was clear that I would have to wait until my castle spawned near the edge of the map, so I wouldn't have elves converging on me from every direction.</p>

I ALWAYS start with by building a warriors guild out of the sight of the radier elves. then I recruit ONE warrior to threaten the elves. This gives me time to build a marketplace, guardhouse, blacksmith and two inns. Then I build a rangers guild so I can upgrade. Then I add the temple of Dauros and a dwarven settlement. The ballistas keep the elves away and the paladins go after any elven building they find.

MWorius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Elven Treachery is one of my favorites. The only one I've played more is Hold of the Goblin Hordes.

I start with a ranger guild and blacksmith. Then when they're done I build a pair of markets and a gnome hovel while recruiting rangers. Once I get the ranger guild filled, I upgrade the palace. I build 3 strategically placed guardhouses to repel the elves, and I put and inn behind each of them to give the heroes a place to rest when they're running, and to give me a fountain. I do NOT reseach any weapons or healing potions until after the guardhouses are finished, because otherwise the elves will just buy them and be harder for me to defeat. Then I build a trading post in the near corner to boost my income, and I place a guardhouse there to keep the pesky elves away. Then I prepere my assualt which consists of the rangers, plus an upgraded rogue's guild, a wizard's guild and 2 Temples to Krolm. I fill the guilds and temples, then use Rage of Krolm to utterly crush the elves.

XxaxX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Elven Treachery Help! Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="King Yeordric"]

I can live with the elves nailing innocent people with their cowardly bows, even though they ostenibly want me to raise money for ransom. I can live with the prospect of wiping them out and total war.</p>

What I absolutely <em>CANNOT ABIDE</em> is that the elves -- murderous infiltrators from an enemy kingdom -- are able to visit my own marketplaces, blacksmiths, and rogue's guilds to get healing potions, buy new weapons and armor, and poison their weapons.</p>

There must be some in-game control or switch which I am missing that prevents enemy creatures from entering my shops and guilds. Any ideas?</p>

On an unrelated side-note, how do I turn off the opening cinematics? I tire of having to press "ESC" four times each time I launch the game.</p>

You could research market day to get the elves out of the marketplace

Try taking all buildings off the repair route and off the tax route

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: