Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Tips for Legendary Heroes and the dreaded Siege- please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I8anElf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:08 pm    Post subject: Tips for Legendary Heroes and the dreaded Siege- please Reply with quote Back to top

Can't seem to get to the caravans in time,
hard to kill red warriors who have nine lives.

LH- rangers don't seem interested in reward flags,
never seem able to uncover the whole map

Stomper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:42 pm    Post subject: Tips for Legendary Heroes and the dreaded Siege- please Reply with quote Back to top

LH has 2 basic strategies -- uncover the barrows with Wizard's Towers and Farseeing, then use lotsa lightning bolts to destroy all the barrows simultaneously (requires lotsa gold -- probably elves) OR use the nifty walk thru in Goldy's "Walk-thru's" thread.

Run a search on the Seige. I don't recall seeing anyone beat it by stopping caravans. Most strategies call for a direct attack on the other kingdom, but with a variety of tactics. If you want to go for the caravans, you need speedier heroes, like Rangers (at least 3 guilds) and Paladins. Even so, they can chase or attack, but not both. The Rangers are not "smart" enough to chase til they are in range, shoot arrows, and then chase again. They have to get ahead of a caravan.

[ 07. February 2003, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Stomper ]

Jim the Great King

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 12:38 am    Post subject: Tips for Legendary Heroes and the dreaded Siege- please Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, you can win by attacking the caravans, but you need a Temple to Helia. When you see a caravan, get it in the window and sunstrike it constantly until it's destroyed. You will need 3 to 4 marketplaces and the elves, because this requires a lot of money. After time, the other kingdom will start putting reward flags on your buildings. If you can afford it, build 2 or 3 Temples to Helia and upgrade to level 2. This way if 1 gets destroyed, you have backup.

Karrade

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:34 am    Post subject: Tips for Legendary Heroes and the dreaded Siege- please Reply with quote Back to top

the copmputer an and will spend the gold to heal his caravans when you do that.

Jim the Great King

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:33 pm    Post subject: Tips for Legendary Heroes and the dreaded Siege- please Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, occassionally that happens, but if you sunstrike quick enough, it doesn't happen too often. I originally beat the quest this way, the second time I beat it, I destroyed his palace, not even knowing it was being attacked.

Whitedog

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Tips for Legendary Heroes and the dreaded Siege- please Reply with quote Back to top

Siege: His caravans are useless without his Marketplace. Get yourself a 2nd level Sorcere's Abode so you have access to Earthquake (you need a Magic Bazaar before you can get the Sorcerer) and a way to keep the peasants from repairing it. Preferably you will be able to get several of your Heroes to focus on the Marketplace as well, but a well-times assault by trolls or ratmen works just as well since they are just as receptive to your Soveriegn spells as your Heroes are. I was lucky and took out his temple to Fervus this way when a few Ratmen Champions, Ratapults and Ratman Shamans came out of a Broken Sewer Main near it. I found that a few Vigilance and Healing spells go a long way with those Ratapults. Anyways, timing is everything and once you get rid of the marketplace try to go for the Temple to Krypta to prevent those annoying ressurections.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: Tips for Legendary Heroes and the dreaded Siege- please Reply with quote Back to top

Or you can just engage in battle with his heros, protecting yours and killing his, and make him run out of gold by resurrecting his Usually trying to take out his first little group of Warriors Guild, Guardhouse, and Elven Bungalow accomplishes this.

Whitedog

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:57 pm    Post subject: Tips for Legendary Heroes and the dreaded Siege- please Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I tried that, Spiderman, but it seems that he has unlimited healing and resurrect capabilities. I haven't bothered counting how many times the computer uses the Soveriegn spells but I suspect that it would add up to more than 40K.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:03 am    Post subject: Tips for Legendary Heroes and the dreaded Siege- please Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, it does seem like he has unlimited funds for healing and resurrection. But you eventually wear him down and bankrupt him. That's how I won the first time; I battled him to a standstill at that first cluster of buildings and after I finally won, I got the winning message.

I asked about it way back when here to find out what happened and that's the answer I got

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: