Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

HELP- THE DRAGONS KEEP KILLING ME
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kylie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: HELP- THE DRAGONS KEEP KILLING ME Reply with quote Back to top

I have tried and tried to win the tomb of the dragon king and nothing i do seems to work. when the dragons attack it allways seems to take my heros forever to get to them and by that time they have just about destroyed everything so therefore i have to spend heaps to rebuild. please help me i'm at the end of my tether with this one.

wavefront

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: HELP- THE DRAGONS KEEP KILLING ME Reply with quote Back to top

1. Click on search.
2. Type in: tomb of the dragon king
3. Make sure the forum is set to Quest Tips and Tricks.
4. Click Search

You should find several dozen good threads on this subject.

Ahmed Ray

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: HELP- THE DRAGONS KEEP KILLING ME Reply with quote Back to top

Your problem depends on the heroes you recrute. towin this you must have at least 30 to 40 heroes. also to upgrade them have 4 fairgrounds at the 4 different tournaments they have. I know this may cost you alot but it is worth the time. Have the dawarfs join and yse their balista towers for defence. they will help with the building and the fighting even though they are slow but strong. they also up grade fast. tocollect gold bulid at least 5 trading posts and 2 marketplaces. next time you need some thing
e-mail me any time. build Healers they will help your injured and so would the monks. to be sure of victory dominate the land with your wizards and their towers. if you use cheats here are a few:

1)fill this bag- +10000 gold
2)restoration- heals every thing including buildings.
3)revelation- shows all the map
4)give me power- gives you all the spells
5)cheezy towers- unlimited renge for wizards towers.

[ 20. January 2003, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: Sir Wallagoon the Destroyer ]

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:11 am    Post subject: HELP- THE DRAGONS KEEP KILLING ME Reply with quote Back to top

Follow the search tips outlined by Wavefront. Sir Wallagoon has some novel suggestions. I don't know of anyone who has recruited Healers for this Quest without using cheats.

For a strategy that works without cheats see the Walkthru in this thread ->
http://www.cyberlore.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=000332

The above mentioned walkthru uses Elves which is pretty challenging at the start of this Quest. Another approach is to use gnomes find the 9000 Gold in the outlying trading post as quickly as possible and put in a couple of more Krypta Guilds. 12 Priestesses generate 48 skeletons -- the best known defense against dragons.

[ 21. January 2003, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Alfryd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 8:24 am    Post subject: HELP- THE DRAGONS KEEP KILLING ME Reply with quote Back to top

Once you have a half-dozen bllista towers up around your settlement, they and the skeletons will take the dragon down like lead zeppelins. I used Fervus for healing and took out the lairs with Krolm, planting a trading post next to the temples. After that it's RoK all the way...

Dr. DimWit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:59 am    Post subject: HELP- THE DRAGONS KEEP KILLING ME Reply with quote Back to top

Going with the Dwarves to get B-towers will earn you a difficult start (no gnomes or elves). Unless you do the gnome eviction (and perhaps the dwarven eviction).

I think the easiest solution is to make a second Krypta temple. With gnomes you have a chance to save the guardhouses (and the trading post), and if you do, it will be a big help.

Another thing: consider NOT to explore to much, once you have found the trading post, until you are stronger. Finding the Krolm temples trigger dragons on its own, and they (the temples) are difficult to protect in the beginning.

Stomper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 1:49 pm    Post subject: HELP- THE DRAGONS KEEP KILLING ME Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Dr. D. There are many quests in which exploring will uncover bad guys, or let you find useful places, but if you are not ready your discovery will only result in destruction. If there is no time limit, I normally will not recruit Rangers or put out explore flags until my economy is up and running, and I've got some decent defense (experienced heroes, guard houses, ballista towers, wizards towers, or some combination of these). I never set any speed records, but I don't lose very many quests, either.

masterblaster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: HELP- THE DRAGONS KEEP KILLING ME Reply with quote Back to top

The key to this quest is finding the Trading Post with its 9000 gold, and using that to build up your marketplace, a second, possibly a third Temple to Krypta and Dwarves and Ballista Towers. I never touch the Wizard Guild or build a single Wizard's Tower. Believe it or not, once you have the 9000 banked, with this basic strategy this is actually a game that almost goes on Cruise control--you can build and build and hardly notice the dragons.

Good Luck

Apple

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 1:03 am    Post subject: HELP- THE DRAGONS KEEP KILLING ME Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm, the name 'masterblaster' seems familiar but I can't recall where I've heard it before...

wavefront

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 1:13 am    Post subject: HELP- THE DRAGONS KEEP KILLING ME Reply with quote Back to top

... like Barter Town maybe?

Alfryd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 8:51 am    Post subject: HELP- THE DRAGONS KEEP KILLING ME Reply with quote Back to top

The big pity is that monks and paladin are most effective versus Dragon in the field. There's a real trade-off between long-term and short-term performance here.

Cherri Matlage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 9:26 am    Post subject: HELP- THE DRAGONS KEEP KILLING ME Reply with quote Back to top

Well since this topic on Tomb of the Dragon King is already bumped/started whatever I'll just put my question here.

The first time I played this I didn't have the extreme trouble I am getting this time. I hate cheating and I keep having to use that restoration one. Irritating. I've used the two and three Krypta temples and half of the skeletons go one way away from the dragons unless they fire on them and the other ones help BUT BUT BUT none of the girls help. They just love to explore. Did anyone else have this problem at all? Normally once they kill one or two ratmen or one dragon they go hunt for more fun... My WoD are going for the award flags given they end up turning around and fleeing once they get there but they are doing more than Krypta.

Cherri

joey658

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 11:05 am    Post subject: HELP- THE DRAGONS KEEP KILLING ME Reply with quote Back to top

Well i have got one thing to say dwarfs and every thing from the wariors guild other words PALIDONS

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 11:40 am    Post subject: HELP- THE DRAGONS KEEP KILLING ME Reply with quote Back to top

In response to Cherrie:
Make no mistake, this is a difficult quest. I have beaten it several times but if I play it tommorow and draw a bad start I will lose and retry again. Specifically, I didn't use WoD's in this quest. To do so one goes to the expense of building Fervus, a Warrior's Guild, and recruting expensive chickens which one must babysit with expensive Fervus heal spell early on. Spend the gold on 3 Krypta evenly distributed and wither to slow down the dragons until the slow skeletons can get there. Then roll any remaining gold into economy and level 3 Palace and go straight to Solarii for your muscle.

In response to Joey: Paladins??? I have the same reaction to that as I do to Healers. In this quest you start with a Krypta Guild in place and limited resources in Gold. In order to get Paladins one must destroy the Krypta Guild after an upgrade to Palace level 2 build Dauros, Warriors Guild, and recruit Paladins at 1000 a pop. Before you can do all that the dragons at the beginning of the game have roasted your town....unless you are using cheats to build anything.

It would be helpful if people would clarify their strategies with "this presuposes the use of cheats" or "this works without cheats" so that those who are interested in playing without cheats can select the strategies more helpful to them.

[ 02. February 2003, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Cherri Matlage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 4:49 pm    Post subject: HELP- THE DRAGONS KEEP KILLING ME Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Goldy_Bear...
I'll see how all of that goes. I did a search earlier and the only thing I didn't try was putting the Krypta temples further out where they basically almost get attacked by the dragons and have to fight. I've never been able to get to the Solari since I'm having to cast animate bones when I get 5 dragons in one spot because someone explored too far hehe. The WoD's were a last result in hope which didn't work. I'll see how I can further manipulate my own game play into the suggestion you gave and I'll let ya'll know.

Thanks again
Cherri

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: