Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Oh man, I just made the connection..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 1:06 am    Post subject: Oh man, I just made the connection.. Reply with quote Back to top

..between LoTR and 'Quest for the Magic Ring'!

In QotMR, you have a powerful Ring, a kingdom that invades when the ring is found and retrieved, and the black-robed, undead Black Phantoms.

In LoTR, you have a powerful Ring, a kingdom that invades when the ring is found and retrieved, and the black-robed, undead Ring Wraiths.

Coincidence?

Sheriff Fatman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 4:29 am    Post subject: Oh man, I just made the connection.. Reply with quote Back to top

Wow - it seems so obvious now that you point it out! Well spotted. I wonder if any of the other quest plots can be traced to other stories ...

Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 2:46 pm    Post subject: Oh man, I just made the connection.. Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm, I know the QotMR has similarities but another called Slay the Mighty dragon is based on a fantasy story series, Journey through fire.
Where a holy dragon goes beserk. And the only thing that could destroy him was a magic sword called Vendrel. (Thats the swords name)

Starsinmyeyes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 9:00 pm    Post subject: Oh man, I just made the connection.. Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Son of the Dragon King:
Hmmm, I know the QotMR has similarities but another called Slay the Mighty dragon is based on a fantasy story series, Journey through fire.
Where a holy dragon goes beserk. And the only thing that could destroy him was a magic sword called Vendrel. (Thats the swords name)

Oooo very cool!!

------------------
I am Paladin! Hear me Roar!!

"Nobody TOSSES a DWARF!!"
-- Gimli "Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 10:50 pm    Post subject: Oh man, I just made the connection.. Reply with quote Back to top

Intwesting, vewy intwesting...

------------------
Raistlin, Archmagus of the hour glass eyes

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.- Raistlin Majere
I Magus
All I wanted was to rule the world...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 12:18 am    Post subject: Oh man, I just made the connection.. Reply with quote Back to top

Ok smart guy, then how does the Temple to Helia you start the quest with fit into the picture? Eh? Instead of say... i don't know, gnome hovels or elves or dwarves?

Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 9:49 am    Post subject: Oh man, I just made the connection.. Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger:
Ok smart guy, then how does the Temple to Helia you start the quest with fit into the picture?

That reminds me, last night I was watching a movie call: John Tremane and the lost city of gold. And Helia's temple, and solari look alot like those people in the golden city.

Tao-Rah

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 9:20 pm    Post subject: Oh man, I just made the connection.. Reply with quote Back to top

Very odd... I just got the Gold Edition to-day (I have normal version for Mac)
and just started Quest for the Magic Ring...

You know how you see that one Red Inn not far from you? Guess what it is called this time?

Uncle Elrond's.

If you have read the book or even seen the movie, you should see the connection.

Interesting?

If you tell me how to take a screenshot, I can try to post it or something (Hey, it's a new PC, I have no idea what I am doing)

P.S. I am running it under XP, and I can't get the Balance of Twilight working... and I can't even find the Wrath of Krolm, where do dl'ed quests go?

Starsinmyeyes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 10:05 pm    Post subject: Oh man, I just made the connection.. Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Tao-Rah:

You know how you see that one Red Inn not far from you? Guess what it is called this time?

Uncle Elrond's.

Wow wow wow that is WAY too much for coincidence!!!! that is sooo weird. I'm going to go play QftMR and restart like a million times and see what names i get.

------------------

Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 10:45 pm    Post subject: Oh man, I just made the connection.. Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
If you tell me how to take a screenshot, I can try to post it or something

We can do screenshots? Now there's something new. Let me know if you find out Tao.

Hey that sounds like a chinese religion: Taoism

Rogue Knight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 10:50 am    Post subject: Oh man, I just made the connection.. Reply with quote Back to top

quote:

Uncle Elrond's.

If you have read the book or even seen the movie, you should see the connection.

Interesting?

Damn, someone beat me to my finding! Oh well...

BUT!! I can however underline the fact that getting an inn called "Uncle Elrond's" is NOT limited to that quest... In fact I have gotten it myself on a few occasions in Freestyle and once or twice during other quests. To my experience, you were witness to an insane coincidence, since (in my version at least) the names of the inns in QftMR are randomly generated, like those of your own inns.

Just thought that I'd mention it.

------------------
"What pisses me off is that I can't tell the regular insanity from the special delivery."

Dave, College Roommates From Hell!!!

[This message has been edited by Rogue Knight (edited 03 February 2002).]

Ven Fairweather

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 11:54 am    Post subject: Oh man, I just made the connection.. Reply with quote Back to top

The way I save screenshots in Win98 SE is I hit the "print screen" button which saves the image to the Clipboard. From there it's a matter of saving that image to a particular program. I use also use a program called, "HyperSnap" sometimes but there are many others and several Forum members use different methods.

------------------
George Ledoux -
Ven, Venn, VennX

Starsinmyeyes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 1:36 pm    Post subject: Oh man, I just made the connection.. Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Rogue Knight:
Damn, someone beat me to my finding! Oh well...

BUT!! I can however underline the fact that getting an inn called "Uncle Elrond's" is NOT limited to that quest... In fact I have gotten it myself on a few occasions in Freestyle and once or twice during other quests. To my experience, you were witness to an insane coincidence, since (in my version at least) the names of the inns in QftMR are randomly generated, like those of your own inns.

Just thought that I'd mention it.

ahhh darnit i was afraid of that! But u have to admit its still pretty cool.

------------------

Starsinmyeyes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 1:38 pm    Post subject: Oh man, I just made the connection.. Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger:
Ok smart guy, then how does the Temple to Helia you start the quest with fit into the picture? Eh? Instead of say... i don't know, gnome hovels or elves or dwarves?

Ummm Helia --> Sun --> Fire --> Lava --> Volcanoes --> Mt. Doom?

Ok I have waaaaay too much time hehe

------------------

Rogue Knight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 7:04 pm    Post subject: Oh man, I just made the connection.. Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Starsinmyeyes:
ahhh darnit i was afraid of that! But u have to admit its still pretty cool.

Oh, I'll admit that it is quite amusing. If executed correctly, in-jokes and references are great fun. Most games have them, and as we have proven here, Majesty does as well.

And it was a bloody brilliant coincidence with the "Uncle Elrond's" in QftMR!

By the way, starinmyeyes, I utterly love your second quote...

------------------
"If by 'fired' you mean 'set on fire and thrown to the lions', then yes."

Khrima, Adventurers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: