Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

This is going to sound really dumb to all of you, but....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess_Shazbot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:26 pm    Post subject: This is going to sound really dumb to all of you, but.... Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I'm new and I have some questions. I have read all the posts about cheats, because I'm desperate, and nobody ever mentions what you have to do to bring up a cheat window. Am I just dumb that I don't know that, or was I just not in class that day? I am having other problems, namely with Elven Treachery, (and yes, I have read all the posts on that, and tried most of those suggestions without success) and am just a little frustrated right now. If anybody could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,
Princess Shazbot

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 5:00 pm    Post subject: This is going to sound really dumb to all of you, but.... Reply with quote Back to top

Press the ENTER key. Type your cheat. Press the ENTER key.

[ 10 September 2002, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Stomper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 6:06 pm    Post subject: This is going to sound really dumb to all of you, but.... Reply with quote Back to top

What exactly have you tried in Elven Treachery, and how have your attempts failed? Give details, and someone (possibly even me) might help.

I originally had problems following posted walk-thrus because they assumed some very basic knowledge I did not have. After I spent enough time wallowing around in this forum, though, I discovered that my marketplaces would produce more gold if I stopped clicking Market Days. See, I was constantly clicking Market Days because I thought the markets would be idle if I did not. Nobody bothered to tell me not to do that, because they all did me the courtesy of assuming I couldn't possibly be that ignorant. Well, I showed them!

That's the kind of basic error you may be encountering, if you still can't win after applying what you learned in the appropriate threads. Cheats can be fun to play around with, but then you turn the game into a toy, and it's much more fun as a game, in the long run.

DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:00 pm    Post subject: This is going to sound really dumb to all of you, but.... Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Stomper:
Cheats can be fun to play around with, but then you turn the game into a toy, and it's much more fun as a game, in the long run.

aside from the pun (game into toy) I agree with Stomper. I learned to 2 games on cheats and cant beat them on multiplayer when cheats are banned.

my stratagy was to go with paladins and have alot of flags. start out with rangers though so you can get exploring done. it's been awhile since i played this so excuse me if this didnt work. oh defintaly solarii. i'm guessing thats how i did this quest well.

Princess_Shazbot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 9:58 am    Post subject: This is going to sound really dumb to all of you, but.... Reply with quote Back to top

I've tried the search and destroy method, but I can not keep my heros alive long enough to do any real good, and I just can't make money. I suck at it. Really, I do, and I don't know exactly what I'm doing wrong. I would almost believe this quest is impossible, but everybody but me seems to have figured it out, and that's even more frustrating. I'll keep working at it and keep you guys posted.
thanks a lot,
Princess Shazbot

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:39 am    Post subject: This is going to sound really dumb to all of you, but.... Reply with quote Back to top

Try this for how to make money.

Stomper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 1:09 pm    Post subject: This is going to sound really dumb to all of you, but.... Reply with quote Back to top

Ballista towers cost me only 950 gold, no matter how many I build. I'm guessing that was addressed by a patch after the linked post. If you haven't already downloaded and installed the patches, you should get them from the "Downloads" tab at left and do that.

Otherwise, the article at that link is extremely accurate and helpful. Even when it is addressing multiplayer issues, those ideas also apply to quests. Note that this article assumes several things I did not learn right away.

For example, you will want to research arrows (at least) at the guardhouse in the center of your Wall Street, so that Ratmen and Trolls appearing within range will get shot. They respond by attacking the guardhouse (which your peasants can repair) rather than damaging your market (which your peasants can also repair, but which is much more difficult, time-consuming, and expensive to replace if the peasants are too slow). Besides, a guardhouse with arrows can eventually kill a Ratman or Troll, even if no heroes or guards appear to help.

The article also assumes that you already understand the benefits of Trading Posts. Caravans periodically leave the Trading Post carrying gold to your market (regardless of whether you have researched Healing Potions at the Trading Post, and regardless of whether any heroes ever stop by there). The amount of gold a caravan carries depends on the TP's distance from your market: the greater the distance, the larger the amount of gold. If the caravan survives to reach your market, then the caravan disappears into your market, and your market suddenly has more gold. The amount of new gold in your market is equal to the amount that was in the caravan, MULTIPLIED by the level of your market.

Another advantage of the Wall Street scenario is that you get more tax collectors. I don't recall the specifics (run a search for "fountains" in Quest Tips and Tricks), but once you get enough inns, marketplaces, TP's and perhaps some other structures, a fountain appears in your town, and each fountain means you get an extra tax collector -- just as though you increased the level of your palace, but without spending as much. I try to set my tax collectors with a range of minimum pick-up amounts from 175 to 400. Anything lower than 175, and your tax collectors are making too many trips. This slows them down and increases their risk.

One additional thought: If you can ring your marketplace with other structures very quickly (i.e., inns and statues, which are generally pretty inexpensive, and useful as well), then you can avoid the misfortune of having an indestructible sewer grate right next to your market. Ratmen that have to travel through town to reach your market are much less likely to survive long enough to steal the gold there.

I apologize if I sound patronizing or if I am telling you basic things you already know. I have received so much help here, and I am (perhaps a little too) eager to "pay it forward."

Stomper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 1:17 pm    Post subject: This is going to sound really dumb to all of you, but.... Reply with quote Back to top

P.S. In Elven Treachery, you should destroy the elves' statues as fast as you can find them (I think there are 3 of them). Once their statues are gone, then the elves are more likely to run away, and substantially less likely to fight your heroes or invade your settlement. Just put a good-sized reward (at least 300g, but 500 is better) on each statue as fast as you can. :cool:Since rogues respond to reward flags better than any other hero, this is one quest where you can actually justify recruiting rogues (they're normally more trouble than they are worth).

[ 11 September 2002, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Stomper ]

Princess_Shazbot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 8:08 pm    Post subject: This is going to sound really dumb to all of you, but.... Reply with quote Back to top

I want to thank you all for your help. I made it through Elven Treachery in 23 days this time. All of your suggestions helped a lot. Now I'm tackling Deal With A Demon, as it's the only advanced quest I haven't beaten yet.
Thanks again.
Princess Shazbot

Stomper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 11:34 pm    Post subject: This is going to sound really dumb to all of you, but.... Reply with quote Back to top

Deal with a Demon? Lots of inns; at least 2 Wall Streets, and a couple of Trading Posts. No problems. If time gets tight, build a lvl 2 Rogues Guild and extort at the last moment.

Stomper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 11:38 pm    Post subject: This is going to sound really dumb to all of you, but.... Reply with quote Back to top

Um, Steven? Your very ultra-cool signature image seems to have *cough* *ahem* developed a blemish . . .

Apple

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 1:34 am    Post subject: This is going to sound really dumb to all of you, but.... Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Um, Steven? Your very ultra-cool signature image seems to have *cough* *ahem* developed a blemish . . .

I thought that was intentional?

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 2:41 am    Post subject: This is going to sound really dumb to all of you, but.... Reply with quote Back to top

This ->
http://www.cyberlore.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=000074#000006

might help.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 9:57 am    Post subject: This is going to sound really dumb to all of you, but.... Reply with quote Back to top

quote:

Huh?

Stomper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 3:56 pm    Post subject: This is going to sound really dumb to all of you, but.... Reply with quote Back to top

Your picture is back in place now, but at the time of my post, all I saw was a white box with the text quoted by Spidey.

Question: How ugly do you have to be before it makes sense to wear a mask while posing for a portrait?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: