Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

The fortress of Ixmil
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rome 1986

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 5:12 pm    Post subject: The fortress of Ixmil Reply with quote Back to top

How can I beat the fortress of Ixmil? I've tried it 4 times.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 7:42 pm    Post subject: The fortress of Ixmil Reply with quote Back to top

I posted a Walkthru in the Walkthru Thread.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
rsk23

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 1:32 pm    Post subject: The fortress of Ixmil Reply with quote Back to top

How I Beat The Fortress of Ixmil

I decided to go with Ballista towers, as I often do.
Whatever you do, don't go spending all your starting money on building and upgrading Marketplaces. You won't be able to defend them. So, I only built ONE marketplace (and a few inns) and didn't upgrade it until after I had some ballista towers built. And I don't think I ever did build a second marketplace - but, I did build a trading post in each corner of the map (guarded by ballista towers, of course). My first trading post, though, was as nearby as possible and was the only one with Healing Potions researched.
When I had sufficient towers, I built temples to Krypta, Fervus, and Lunord. I built a Sorceror's Abode and tried to Earthquake the fortress to death, but I discovered that the fortress repairs itself! So, I built a Fairgrounds to train my heroes until they were strong enough to tear down the fortress quite quickly. Plus I had a Library with everything researched. If I remember right, I didn't lose a single hero during the attack on the fortress.

The dragons in this quest actually didn't do as much damage as the horde of rust spitters that destroyed 3 or 4 of my towers. But, those rust spitters died quickly after I flagged them.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:44 am    Post subject: The fortress of Ixmil Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure the walk-throughs are fine, but I didn't do anything real special with this one. Just built up my town and heros and they eventually got to the Fortress. I don't recall any Dragons though; they might have made it a bit tougher

Albatross

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:59 pm    Post subject: The fortress of Ixmil Reply with quote Back to top

I've played this to around 52 days, to see how strong the monsters would get, and you do get waves of dragons and rock golems around day 45+. I'm not sure how much stronger they get if one continues to wait, though.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:13 pm    Post subject: The fortress of Ixmil Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman:
....I don't recall any Dragons though; they might have made it a bit tougher

I don't recall but this one may be similar to Valley of the Serpents in which the longer it takes to win newer and harder monsters appear. It is better to beat Valley of the Serpents before the Ice Dragons show up if possible. The same may be true of Ixmil....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Stomper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:42 am    Post subject: The fortress of Ixmil Reply with quote Back to top

Once I had enough strong heroes, I used my Sorceror's Abode and gated to Ixmil's Fortress. Since I already had a 1000G reward flag on it, my heroes wasted no time in destroying the fortress and the bad critters that came with it.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 7:48 am    Post subject: The fortress of Ixmil Reply with quote Back to top

I'll have to check my times when I finished the Quest. I think the strongest that's popped out for me is Undead with Vampires and Minataurs.

Albatross

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 4:21 am    Post subject: The fortress of Ixmil Reply with quote Back to top

In case anyone's interested...

I played this at some length again yesterday, and I got Rock Golems/Evil Oculi on day 40, same on day 45, regular Dragons and Greater Gorgons day 50, and thereafter every five days either Rats and/or Undead (three waves in quick succession), Golems, or Dragons. Also, later on, Ixmil tends to appear much closer to your town. I didn't get any Yeti or Ice Dragons, so I don't know if Ixmil hasn't got any, or if they just didn't show this time.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 6:47 am    Post subject: The fortress of Ixmil Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I checked and my best time for this quest is 25 days, so I'm pretty sure I didn't see any of the harder creatures later on. I guess it's a good thing though

Stomper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:48 am    Post subject: The fortress of Ixmil Reply with quote Back to top

Tyche, does your signature mean that you are a librarian?

Spiderman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 9:41 am    Post subject: The fortress of Ixmil Reply with quote Back to top

I tried replaying this and specfically didn't go for the Fortress. Rock Golems and Occuli came at Day 25. Right now I'm on Day 40 and waiting for the next wave. The creatures could be related to your kingdom development and/or heros you have (like that other quest).

Albatross

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 7:56 pm    Post subject: The fortress of Ixmil Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Stomper:
Tyche, does your signature mean that you are a librarian?

No, I just wish I were... that was a quote from a Discworld book, as is my current signature.

Albatross

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 8:00 pm    Post subject: The fortress of Ixmil Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman:
I tried replaying this and specfically didn't go for the Fortress. Rock Golems and Occuli came at Day 25. Right now I'm on Day 40 and waiting for the next wave. The creatures could be related to your kingdom development and/or heros you have (like that other quest).

Very likely... that would explain why the waves got easier again after awhile, because I wasn't recruiting any more heroes.

Stomper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 8:18 pm    Post subject: The fortress of Ixmil Reply with quote Back to top

Is that a quote from the most recent book? I don't recognize it from the first 25 books. Of course, we have now left the topic . . .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: