Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

About A Warrior's Tale...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bladeles

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 3:06 pm    Post subject: About A Warrior's Tale... Reply with quote Back to top

This is something I wrote a while back that I was thinking of working on again. Suggestions welcome.

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 5:53 pm    Post subject: About A Warrior's Tale... Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, the fabled bladeles returns to 1001 Ardanian Nights..

Welcome back and remember - finish it as soon as possible before you get the writer's block

[ 25 June 2002, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: TaleSpinner ]

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 6:02 pm    Post subject: About A Warrior's Tale... Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm.. this story looks just like the other one you wrote some time ago. Found the link again, and here it is:

http://www.cyberlore.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000088

bladeles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 4:04 pm    Post subject: About A Warrior's Tale... Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, I kinda got swallowed with work, and quit working on it (not to mention dodging layoffs... it sucks to be in the Telecom biz these days...). I am still swamped, but I have a MUCH better grasp of what is going on, and took great enjoyment in doing this... and I have still been reading everyone else's work, so my love of fiction hasn't faded...

Yep, it is (basically) the same. However, I am going to be changing some of the plotline. I kinda wrote myself into a corner last time, and I have some ideas on how to make it better. I know that is a crummy way to do it, but hey, it's for fun anyway.

Hawk and Mystra will of course return, but I have some different ideas (and some ideas for some better characters) on how to introduce them. I want to develop the story more too... more from the view of the badguy (Lexinus). And then there is always Kain's love interest... I can score some brownie points by giving her the right name (I just hope she doesn't read this... )

[ 26 June 2002, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: bladeles ]

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 5:50 pm    Post subject: About A Warrior's Tale... Reply with quote Back to top

Hey this is pretty good work, Bladeles. I look forward to reading more.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 6:30 pm    Post subject: About A Warrior's Tale... Reply with quote Back to top

If this is going to be a re-make, maybe you should kill off the old story post so that newer members won't jump ahead and read what will probably come next?

bladeles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 8:55 am    Post subject: About A Warrior's Tale... Reply with quote Back to top

That is a fantastic idea...

*zap!*

[ 27 June 2002, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: bladeles ]

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:35 pm    Post subject: About A Warrior's Tale... Reply with quote Back to top

Oooo.. lots of new thingies to read.. *lumbers off to read them*

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:38 pm    Post subject: About A Warrior's Tale... Reply with quote Back to top

So far so good. I seem to remember a scene from the previous story where Kain got his 'Lawbreaker' nickname, but I could be mistaken.

bladeles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 11:19 pm    Post subject: About A Warrior's Tale... Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I was fairly happy with the opening, so I have changed it only a little. Once they leave town things will be much newer...

Falotar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 12:29 am    Post subject: About A Warrior's Tale... Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, another addition. I greatly appreciate your story, bladeles.
I wonder, though: why is a Daurosian sword called Lawbreaker?

bladeles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 9:51 am    Post subject: About A Warrior's Tale... Reply with quote Back to top

well... I don't really know. Kind of an oxymoron, huh?

I guess I thought it just sounded cool... no real reason actually. I thought of using Lawmaster or something like that, but breaker sounded meaner It is a sword, after all...

The bad spelling is another issue altogether...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: