Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

The Sovereign
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 10:07 am    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

"Y-" Willem was cut off by a flash of blue-white light that engulfed them all - except for Requistor.
-es," he finished weakly. They were standing on the outskirts of Magicum.
"Come, girl," said Mother Fateseal. "Time for you to go back to your studies. The two walked off towards the Temple, joined by the other three Priestesses. Willem turned to speak to his cousin, and was suprised to see his great uncle.
"Uncle Ar?" he said incredulously. "What are you doing here?"
"Before I found you," said Lord Silveredge, "the Emperor instructed me to return to Magicum and see aboiut the alliance."
"What about that Requistor fellow?" asked Platinius.
"You didn't see him, but Wethrin was coming up just as we teleported. He should be able to manage the Lord General. until the Guards come - those that are still loyal, anyway."

"Your Majesty," said Atreinos, his face beaming, "I have wonderful news! Our heroes have returned, and your daughter is safe in the Temple of Krypta!"
"Thank the gods!" breathed the king. "Thank all the gods! Atreinos, have it announced that today is a holiday, and will be, for as long as my line survives!"
"At once, Your Majesty!"
"Praise the gods," said Riley softly. "Praise all the gods."

The Archmage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 12:07 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

In the rubble of what once had been the Imperial Palace, something moved.
"EeeeeARRG!"
Rocks and Palace rubble shattered in all directions as a figure pulled himself out of the rubble. He looked up at the top of the valley where the triumphant heroes had been and snarled:
"This is not yet finished. Oh, no, the war has yet to be won...!"
With that the figure disappeared in a poof of black smoke...

Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 5:31 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

Queen Ltwaerillaanda surveyed her battered army. Most of the Dryads were hurt in one way or another, mostly they were badly wounded, but in some cases they were worse.The Dryad scowled.
Ever since she had murdered the former Queen and her 'husband', Ltwaerillaanda had felt the Forest reject her. Even her own tree seemed distant, as if disapproving what she had done. her deteriorating voice was the outward sign of this; if it kept on, her beauty might go as well.
Her advisors had told her that this condition was due to the fact that the daughter of the true Queen was still linked to the forest. Ltwaerillaanda had the young Dryad banished, hoping that this would sever the connection, but it had not. Her voice was getting worse, and lately she had begun to cough. She would have to go further than simply removing the girl from the Forest.
"Listen to me, my Dryads," she whispered; Uuntrsfaleia, her advisor, had to repeat the words, "the girl I exiled is a foul traitor. She is working in league with the humans - the very same humans who rampaged through our forest yesterday! We must attack the settlement of the mortals; attack them and kill them, and the traitor too. Will you aid me?"
"Naturally we will follow Her Majesty!" shouted Rrasdhraeda, another of her agents, from the crowd. The other Dryads took up the cry, if somewhat unenthusiastically.
"Bring the Daemonwood!" Ltwaerillaanda cried. "Summon the Rock Golems! We march!"
"Kill the humans!" shouted Rrasdhraeda in response. "Kill the traitor! Kill the mage-king!"

"Your Majesty!" cried Atreinos in poanic. "Your Majesty, I just hapened to look out the window of my study, when the forest came to life!"

"They're after me," said Krilla to Prince Quinn. They were standing on the battlements of the Palace, looking out over the town. The army of the Dryads was slowly smashing its way in from the Forest.
"Why?"
"Because I am the true Queen. In your father's library, I found a book which said that a Dryad Queen of the Forest is linked to all of the trees in her Forest, not just one like normal Dryads. Ltwaerillaanda must think that if she kills me, she can link herself to the Forest."
"I will not let them!" snapped Quinn heatedly. "Krilla-" suddenly he stopped, fumbling for words.
"Yes?" she said gently.
"Krilla, I love you."
"I know that."
"Then, will you marry me? Become my queen?"
"I can't." She smiled at his frown. "If I am the Queen of the Forest, than I must be that and nothing else. But, I will need a consort. I don't suppose you would want to become the Protector of the Forest?"
"If that's what it takes. Now, let's clear up these enemies of yours."

Platinius swore as the north side of the Guild collapsed. Last week, Rock Golems had attacked. Yesterday Rock Golems had attacked. It was getting to be too much.
Just as he was about to leave the Guild before the falling masonry crushed him, he felt the telltale tingling that preceded a thunderstorm. As there was not a cloud in the sky, it could only mean one thing.
Dryads screamed as the the electric bolts struck them. Daemonwood became living torches, and the Rock Golems collapsed into dust. That threat to Magicum was ended.

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 6:59 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

Princess Carmen, Princess Adelaide, Prince Quinn, Krilla, and King Riley were gathered in the king's chamber.
"Father, Krilla and I wish to be married. With your blessing, I will become the Protecter of the Forest. Krilla is queen there, and I will be her king."
Riley smiled, then frowned.
"But if you become Protecter of the Forest, who will rule when I die?"
"Adelaide and Carmen are still here."
"But women can't rule!" said Riley, aghast.
"Father," said Carmen. "If you pass a law, then w-I-Adelaide will be able to rule."
"Yes, I could," Riley mused.
"There's just one problem." said Adelaide. I don't want to be Queen. I am dedicated to becoming a solari, a high ranking solari." She turned to Carmen and smiled. "That leaves you Carmen." She bowed. "I mean, Your Highness." Carmenn smiled so braodly, it looked as though her lips could touch her ears. Riley turned to her, and said, "Carmen, do you except?"
"Do you need to ask? Of course I do!"
"Then I give you the heir's crown. I shall make my announcment tomarow."
With that, he placed a crown on Carmen's head, and all four of the others bowed to her then, and Carmen knew that her dream had finally come true.

The End

------------------
Raistlin, Archmagus of the hour glass eyes

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.- Raistlin Majere

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 7:15 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

EPOLOGUE

Krilla and Quinn were married. Krilla, upon becoming queen of the dryads, signed a treaty with the new Queen Carmen, saying that the dryads would become part of the royal army, and would aid Magicum when it was in need. Carmen became a great ruler, and her line ruled (Men and women alike) for many, many centuries. Adelaide Became Magicum's strongest heroe, an extremly high ranking solari. Riley retired early, so as that he could watch his daughter rule, and could enjoy the ending of his life in peace. The treaty between D'Tar Mordin and Magicum remained sound, and both countries aided eachother well in times of need. Zelos also lived to become one of the highest ranking elves in history. The people of Magicum lived happy lives, and Carmen's line were forever liked and loved.

------------------
Raistlin, Archmagus of the hour glass eyes

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.- Raistlin Majere

[This message has been edited by Raistlin, Archmagus (edited 05 September 2001).]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 9:07 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

Platinius Silveredge, guided by his cousin Willem, rose to be not only just Guildmaster of one guild, but Baron of a new settlement of his own. Castle Silveredge, as the settlement came to be called, was the first town to owe fealty to Magicum. On the day of its founding, Lord Aragonder Silveredge of D'Tar Mordin joked that his grandson and great nephew were well on the way to establishing another empire.
Back in his own home, Lord Silveredge served out his days as Emperor Tarfulth's Chief Advisor. The Empire of D'Tar Mordin survived the treachery of Lord General Requistor and the destruction of the Imperial Palace, although the after-effects of these catastrophes were felt long after the death of the men involved.

But perhaps, not all the men involved after all. A twisted tower thrust its way out of the rocky soil of the Isle of the Dragon Kings. Inside, a man more twisted than his tower sat, running his fingers over the backs of a row of books.
Methods of Corruption.
Minotaurs: Means and Methods.
The Conquest of Lormidia.
Commentaries on the Army of the Serpent Queen.
Origins of the Oculi: A Debate.
Lycanthropy.
Krypta's Error? A Treatise on Vampires.
Anatomy of the Hunter.
Tranformation and Transmutations.
Great Teratogenitors of the Last Age.

All his old favourites. Tanasril still couldn't see what the girl had found upsetting about them. Finally he found what he wanted.
Dreamwalking, Telepathy, and Possesion.

Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 8:24 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the original story...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: