Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Jay gone & Majesty 2 cancelled?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcostheblack

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alfryd wrote:
Many thanks. It's always nice to be appreciated. If you've checked recently, you'll see that I'm in the middle of developing a Java-based engine for presenting the models, rather than wc3. Work's going reasonably, I have terrain display and unit animations working, pathfinding and AI are in the works (were working using an isometric engine, have to port.) I would personally be thrilled to have you contribute to the project as either an artist or a coder.

Yup, been following that since you started modeling the characters. I'm not a fan of Java, but I think it's a heck of a step of from being limited by someone elses's engine. I'd be happy to contribute character renders for an isometric engine if any of my models catch your eye. I'm not personaly looking to recreate characters already in the game though, more interested in making my own (monsters would probably be a different story though.)

Alfryd wrote:

Thing is, if the franchise is sold, I don't know if I'd get the go-ahead for a fan project from the new owners (though I can't think why they'd reasonably object,) and most of my existing artwork is pretty specific to majesty.
If the franchise were sold, then probability would state that Maj2 would be underway again then anyway, no? As far as I see it, it's a win-win either way. Besides, I don't have a problem working from scratch on my own thing.

Alfryd wrote:

Out with it, man. Might want to try a different topic thread, though. Wishlist, possibly..?

Right, I should have a basic design doc done by the weekend, i'll chuck it up when it's got some content in a new thread.

@Will the Spellcaster
Yeah, I know about HOA, i've played it too. As I said above, i'll post a design document up of what my general 'vision' is. I'll be sure to include a few pieces of 'eye-candy' too Smile

Alfryd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
There were even some who verbally opposed HoA!

I don't seem to recall that happening. At least not recently.
Quote:
I'm not a fan of Java, but I think it's a heck of a step of from being limited by someone elses's engine. I'd be happy to contribute character renders for an isometric engine if any of my models catch your eye. I'm not personaly looking to recreate characters already in the game though, more interested in making my own (monsters would probably be a different story though.)

Well, the most recent engine is 3D proper, I'm porting code from an older isometric engine. The pros and cons of Java would have to be discussed elsewhere, but for me, the pros are significantly greater by now.
Quote:
Right, I should have a basic design doc done by the weekend, i'll chuck it up when it's got some content in a new thread.

Not too polished, I hope. I've found by experience that the most likely thing you can say about an early, untested design is that it will be wrong. Smile
Ah, Cooker, so you're Nerdfish? I thought the name seemed familiar. The Earth-view does look quite nice.

Brian003

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: cancelled Reply with quote Back to top

This is just wrong, wrong, wrong! I'd be willing to pay for expansions like in Neverwinter Nights if that would help keep it going.

Brian003

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Guess I'll move on to Freedom Force.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: