Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Fast Scroll XP Issue *FIXED*!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcostheblack

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Fast Scroll XP Issue *FIXED*! Reply with quote Back to top

Alrighty, so I stopped playing Majesty when I switched to XP because the fast scrolling issue was quite a headache for me, with my recent interest in the game, I set out to find a way to slow it down, and to my surprise, the answer was easier then I had thought!

Note: This was done with Majesty GOLD, but should work with other versions, For the origional, you would probably just need to look in the other folder.

In order to fix it you will need to be editing your registery, which I reconmend you save a back-up of *FIRST* (File->Export in the registry editor) because editing the wrong value or the wrong field can and will mess up your computer, so I caution that you be carefull, the fix isn't difficult, just be sure to double check things first.

So here's what you do. Assuming you're on XP, go to start->Run
type in "regedit" (without quotes) into the box, and hit enter. This brings up windows registry editor. You should see a large tree of data. If you want to make a back up first, make sure you export a copy.

Navigate to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER
+Software
-+Cyberlore
--+Majesty Expansion

You should now see a list of things in the right pane. Scroll down to "ScrollSpeed" Yes, I'll bet you can guess what's coming next. Right click on it, and click on "Modify". Now before you punch in any old number, keep in mind the base value was 20, but if you look at the numbers in the pane, there is a 32 in brackets, that is because these are hexadecimal numbers.

What's the lame-men's easy way of converting to Hex? Use windows calculator. (Start->Programs->Accessories->Calculator). Make sure the calculator is in scientific mode (View->Scientific), then ensure the current mode is Decimal. Type in the number you want (probably under 32, unless you are insane :p), then click the circle beside hex. voila. Your integer should have been converted to a hexidecimal number. If you are too lazy for that, here's a few you can just put into the box (note, only put the number out of brackets, not the number in brackets, or the brackets themselves, this is only to give you an indication as to what general speed it would be in relation to the origional 32, also note that Hex letters should always be capitalized, as they are below):

19 (25)
14 (20)
F (15)
A (10)
5 (5)

So when you are done, you should have a new value entered into the box below "Value data" in the registry editor. Make sure Base is still set to Hexidecimal, and click "ok". Fire up Majesty Expansion, and you should notice something very relieving about the campaign AND ingame maps =)

Feel free to close the registry editor after you find a value you like. This *might* break multiplayer, but I highly doubt it, it's just a text string for the UI, you should still be able to play with friends. Notice there are some other values to edit in here, if anyone wants to check out some of the less obvious ones (SpellFastBook, looks like a booleon, by the way), be my guest, just make sure to write down the default value in case something goes funky. Also, I wouldn't suggest changing the scroll speed in game after editing this, it *might* crash on you, though again, I doubt it. Better safe then sorry Smile

Spiderman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Way to go! Thanks!

Alfryd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You sir, have earned my eternal and undying gratitude, redeemable within the next 40 days at your local outlet. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer. See disclaimer for details.*

(For those of you who wish to fiddle in Hex a little further, it works like this. Hexadecimal is base 16., I.E, it has 16 digits that run like so:

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
= 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15.
(= 0000, 0001, 0010, 0011, 0100, 0101, 0110, 0111, 1000, 1001, 1010, 1011, 1100, 1101, 1110, 1111 in binary by semi-bytes, which is why it's used.)

Multiply the value of these digits by 16 once for each place they occupy farther from the right. As in base 10, each place represents 1s, 10s, 100s, etc, so in Hex each place represents 1s, 16s, 256s, 4096s, etc. as you go on.) My version of XP, however, seemingly converts automagically.)

* There is no disclaimer.

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations!

Now if only I can understand all this techno-explination stuff. I'm not that good with computers, you know. Basic HTML only, I'm afraid. I'm sure after proper study I can decypher it. Very Happy

Apple

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hereby propose a standing ovation for Marcostheblack for being the first to complete this quest without cheats or load game...

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Threee Cheers for Marcostheblack!

Hurray!
Hurray!
Hu-

Oh, put those chairs away! We didn't say "chairs", we said "cheers".

Gaah! Turn the TV off! Not the television show either!

Will you put those cheerleaders back where they belong - the school?

Oh, blast it all, that idiot mime fellow keep misunderstanding me. Hmph.

:mrgreen:
I love the Marx brothers. (in case you didn't know, that's where that's from. The Marx Brothers' movie Animal Crackers. It's pretty funney, as are all their movies, but they all have too much singing...)

Anneruon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I AM IN LOVE WITH YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH

Marcostheblack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heh. Thanks for the uhm...gratious hooting.
And Will's truely...enlightening ranting.

Apple...now to complete it using only Gnomes Wink

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Marcostheblack wrote:
...And Will's truely...enlightening ranting...

:D
Thank you very much!

:mrgreen:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: