Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Majesty Gold (Crashing Problems & Solutions) Windows XP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anthgonz41

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Majesty Gold (Crashing Problems & Solutions) Windows XP Reply with quote Back to top

Im aware that solutions to the crashing of Majesty Gold Edition while running in Windows XP or simply crashing period have been posted in numerous forums. I thought it would be nice to have all of the solutions in one place so users dont have to search endless forums for the numerous fixes to this common problem.

Personally with WinME or WinXP Pro I have had Majesty Gold crash almost everytime with either an error message Majx has caused an illegal operation or just a complete closing with no error message.

I deleted the "Music" folder which can be found at the following location which may vary slightly...

Local Disc Hard Drive>Program Files>Infogrames Interactive>Majesty Gold Edition>Majesty>Music

Once deleted I was able to play Majesty Gold without problems except the holdback of having no music in the background. However, sound effects can still be heard just fine.

I read that this issue was caused by the music files being in MP3 format. I had a suggestion for those who really would like having the music playing in the background...

What about converting the MP3 music files into a different file type possibly WAV, WMA, or MIDI?

There are multiple programs downloaded freely that can easily accomplish this but which sound format would work?

Regarding this forum I suggest posting the fixes to the varies problems gamers have met while attempting to play Majesty Gold Edition.

Anthgonz41

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Followup Reply with quote Back to top

If anyone has trouble attempting to delete this music folder please feel free to ask here I will do my best and Im sure the online Majesty community will do so as well.

Anthgonz41

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Regarding Background Music Reply with quote Back to top

For those who had no choice but to delete the background music folder you can still have music.

I played the music seperate using Windows Media Player and than loaded up the game. It has worked fine and I have had background music while playing as if I would normally but without the freezing/crashing problems.

Be sure to have the music on REPEAT play mode.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got a PM from Anthgonz41 about what format the music file are in in the original Majesty. Unfortunately, I don't remember offhand and I don't have Majesty installed right now as I got a new computer. Perhaps someone else can take a look and post the info?

Anthgonz41

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Another user PMed me and told me they were WAVE files. I converted the MP3's to WAVE sound files and replaced them in the program files. This method does not work, no sound, but no freezing.

The best possible solution I believe is above in my previous posts.

Goodluck to all!

Protestingrab

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As I posted in another topic just change the compatibility in XP. Its easy to do and it has worked for me so far. Just right click on the shortcut and clikc properties. Then click the compatibility tab and check the box and have it run in Win 95. Thats what I did and I played a full scenario without crashing but we will see if it continues to work. Those are my two cents tell me if they work for you

MajestyTyb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have crashes and are running WonXP home ed.

I can't find the music folder. I've looked in both Majesty and Majesty NE folder.

I don't know if I have the Gold edition. I bought Majesty when it first came out, then Northern Exp when it first hit the stores.

The first thing I tried was to run it with win95 and win98 compatibility. If I use either of those, the game wont even start.

Very annoying to have the game crash ever so often.

wavefront

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anthgonz41 wrote:
I converted the MP3's to WAVE sound files and replaced them in the program files. This method does not work, no sound, but no freezing.

Yes, that won't for the simple reason that the old files were call something.mp3 and the wave version will be called something.wav

If you can change the extension, you might have a shot.
It would depend on how the music player handles the case of having a wave file with the wrong (in this case MP3) extension.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MajestyTyb: You don't have Gold if you bought them separately. Gold is both of them bundled together.

MajestyTyb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah... ok. Thanks! Well evene if the game crashes once in a while it's still less annoying than the super fast scrolling. Wink

Antnttb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey that is my old username that I was having problems logging into "Anthgonz41"

I still am running into this problem of whenever I play quests like The Siege and come around 40-50 days into the quest I get an error message and it closes out. Im going to try to delete the music folder like I use to do and see how it goes than.

Have there been any new solutions that work? Or is it possible to not have the crashes but still have music for the game?

UPDATE

I figured out that you can download the majesty theme music and play the music in the background using a media player while playing the game and this will not cause the crashing. However, it might still slow the game up a bit and I only suggest this for those who really feel like the background music is a must to enjoy the game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: