Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Gamespy question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeldarock390

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Gamespy question Reply with quote Back to top

is gamespy dangerous?

because if you scan it DOES contain adware

i just want to know before i really use it to play multiplayer majesty Northern expansion Question

Spiderman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What adware does it have?

zeldarock390

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i think that the adware was like "aphex" or something like that

if you scan it though it says its adware

but does it work? im just curious as i am about to open ports from my router to let it work for me

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It might be mislabeled. I have an account on iwon.com that changes something on my computer which Ad-Aware and SpyBot flag as something to be aware of.

Anyway, I haven't used Gamespy in a while so not sure. If you got the free version, then there might be something but probably benign.

zeldarock390

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

alright

but answer me this (my mom is not convinced)

she says

"if it would be safe, then why wont it let you delete some things on there that norton is uncomfortable with?"

that drew a blank for me Confused

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not exactly understanding the question, but if it's "why can't I delete the adware", it might be because of the license agreement. If you got the free version of Gamespy, the agreement probably says something to the effect that you agree to put the ad thing on your machine in exchange for it being free (presumably, the pay version of Gamespy doesn't have it but I don't know for sure since I don't have the pay version). So if you delete it, you might cause Gamespy to stop working.

Just a guess though.

zeldarock390

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i can see taht

and i meant that my mom didnt like how that you couldnt delete something that norton antivirus said was adware

but i can see it....my mom cant though and she thinks that it will work...while it takes over your computer

because she just thinks its a threat

oh well lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: