Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Not sure how to say this..
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Cyberlore News and Information Service
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay Adan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Not sure how to say this.. Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortuantely, I may be pre-empting the press release that's coming on Monday, but I wanted to have a moment to talk to you all first before that happens.

I'm not going to go into too many details. Those will come on Monday but let me get to the point.

I stopped working at Cyberlore as of Thursday of this week.

The situation is unfortunate especially since I'm not the only one who has been forced to go. Cyberlore remains the best place that I've ever worked and I wish the situation had been different. The fact of the matter is that Cyberlore was forced to let a number of people go and I was one of the casualties.

Again, the details will be coming out on Monday. Many of your questions will be answered in the press release so just keep an eye on the news sites. I will be sure to post it here as well.

In the mean time I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed my time here. Hard to believe that I have been a part of this community for almost six years. What's harder to believe is how many of YOU have been around for almost the same amount of time. Although I haven't been able to spend as much time here as I once did I was always proud of how this forum turned into a community great people. That's something that we can all be proud of.

I don't know where I'll be going now, but I'm going to try to stay in Massachusetts. I still have a game store out here (Griffon Games in Greenfield, MA) and so many friends as well. If you're ever in the neighborhood be sure to stop in. If you play WOW you can always ask for admittance into my Alliance guild - Super Adventure Team - on the Dalaran server.

To keep myself from rambling on incoherently I'm just going to end this now. If you have any questions, you might want to hold onto them until Monday, then I'll be back to chat.

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dear Jay,

....what do I say....??? My God.

Steven and I are absolutely heart-broken about this. I showed him your post and his reaction was the same as mine. We are both so upset. Over the years, we have come to view you as a close friend (especially me), and the thought of you NOT being a part of Cyberlore is wrenching to us.

I'll be interested to see the press release, but in the meantime, please know that our thoughts, prayers and love are with you and your family.

I'm just so incredibly sad about this....

- Twylah

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Alfryd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am somewhere between stunned and catatonic. And worried, small developers are having a tougher time these days. My heartfelt sympathies to you Jay, and all concerned.

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It really is a tough time for small developers. Things have been mad tougher for us recently because of the collapse of Hip Games. We thought that we'd be able to pull through - and in the end the company did manage to survive, but not without some casualties.

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

(looks stunned before running off and bawling)

WAAAHHHHH!!!!!

Apple

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

. . .

Spiderman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Like I said before, this sucks... Sad Sorry about this turn of events, Jay.

Excerion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

and with this the chance of ever seeing a Majesty sequel goes down the drain, this throughly sux.

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, no.. this doesn't preclude the possibility of seeing a Majesty sequel. It just means that if it happens it'll be somebody else doing it. Frankly, considering all of the difficulties we had in placing this project with a publisher I think that the possibility increases if we manage to find a new home for the IP.

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I personally wonder if the true spirit of Majesty will be able to continue through another publisher and development team. And I'm alternating between cold rage and utter sorrow at all this news. All I can say is that Cyberlore is probably missing a big opportunity here. And that they better keep these forums open, or at least transfer all the files to another site where we can do things the same way. There's a lot of great stories here, at the least. Maybe switching it to Majesty Dragon would work, if you had to. But I'd rather see this, of all things, stay the same.

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And that brings a question: If you can answer this, Jay, will the forums stay here? Or will all our work be deleated? Losing you, and Majesty 2 from Cyberlore is bad enough, but the loss of all the hard work (especialy in the storytelling area) that has been poured into this thing with no real expectation of any return for 5 years? that might be more than some care to handle. I won't blame the messenger, of corse, but I do want to know who would truely be responsible if something like that were to happen. And so, I think, would everyone else.

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's no point in the short term to shut down the forums. I'm going to ask that they be kept running until such a time as somebody comes up with a GOOD reason to shut them down. I think that they'll remain for a while.

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, then, that takes a big weight off my chest. Thanks a lot. Smile

LorraineP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sorry to be an imbecile but I don't understand this:

<< Actually, no.. this doesn't preclude the possibility of seeing a Majesty sequel. It just means that if it happens it'll be somebody else doing it. Frankly, considering all of the difficulties we had in placing this project with a publisher I think that the possibility increases if we manage to find a new home for the IP. >>

Does this mean that you can do it elsewhere, hence it's not Cyberlore, or Cyberlore would try to do it without you, which I think is nuts - ? My heart is broken.

Dr. DimWit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sad So this is it, eh ?

Well, it was fun while it lasted. I had my doubts about Majesty 2, but never thought Cyberlore it self would be in trouble, with their (your) excellent record.

I will look in from time to time to see what's shaking, but probably won't feel the need to write anything....so I would like to thank Cyberlore staff (I hope you land on your feet) and Forum-members. I will remember this place, but perhaps we shall meet again somewhere else Smile.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Cyberlore News and Information Service All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: