Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Majesty... Not Fit For the New Age?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zamz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Majesty... Not Fit For the New Age? Reply with quote Back to top

Apparently this has been a problem with several other people--Majesty runs too fast on higher systems. It seems as though Majesty was never built with a clocking system to keep everything well in rotation. Parts of the game speed up way too fast while other parts, like media, are way too slow.

What do I mean by this? The faster your computer--the faster your scroll speed will become. I'm quite aware that several people suffer no problems at all, but there is a vast majority of us that do. I have a feeling 64 bit processors might be a little too advanced for this game...

Currently, I have an AMD 64 bit processor, 2.21 Ghz, 512 MB ram. My old Windows ME could easily handle the game and it was well past the system requirements... but now, it seems the compatibility wasn't designed for such a system. Even setting the compatibility option to "Windows 98/Windows ME" shows no help...

Without having to run mindless programs in the background of your Pc while playing the game (though in theory it should work... all it ends up doing is making your scroll speed normal while everything else becomes laggy, or it shows relitively no effect at all except for overheating your computer)... does anyone have any suggestions to fix this problem? As of what I've read... nobody does. Suggestions are always welcome.

Thanks.

zamz

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly no. It's like you said, Majesty, a five (?) year old game, is just not equipped to run on today's computers.

wavefront

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sugggestion:
If you like the old computer games, but can't get them to run right on your computer, consider buying a used computer.
You can usually buy them for next to nothing, and you can play all the old games without trouble.

Great Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know emulators for past computer systems exist, so it may be possible that there is one that will allow you to emulate an older system (32bit etc), however if it does not exist, it probably soon will as more scenarios such as yours appear.

If you are interested try a google search, your bound to find something.
Good luck. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: