Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Random questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eowynjedi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Random questions Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all *waves* I'm kinda new... my account isn't, but the forums wouldn't work for me for the longest time and now, well, they do.

So yeah... if anyone has some sort of random question they can post it here... I figured the question about Elves didn't really merit a topic *entirely* devoted to it, aheh.

Anyway.

Elves are female, right? They certainly sound feminine, after all, but I just read a story where the Elves were male... they sound like women but have strange spiky haircuts.

I'm pretty sure they're girls, but it can be hard to tell from a sprite.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In the game, Elves are male, although generally in fantasy, they're both male and female - it's a race, like humans or dwarves.

eowynjedi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you sure? They sure sound like women to me, and Jessava Songbow isn't a very masculine name.

wavefront

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The hero's gender in the game is 'fixed' (I guess it wasn't required for the sim, so that element was left out). Healers, Paladins, Solarii, and Priestess are all female and the rest are male. While both genders do exist, all heroes of the same class are portrayed in a single gender.

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the fact of the elves being male or female in-game used to be a pretty large debate, but I can't remember what the outcome was. I never really considered them either (maybe `cause I don't use them much; flee to much for me, plus the gambling halls and lounges are annoying), I just put the matter aside since it doesn't affect the game-play.

eowynjedi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe we can just say that Elves of both genders like to shoot things and gamble. (Or that they're androgynous... eh, maybe not.)

I like to use Elves sometimes, though, even if they are vicey like nobody's business.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go with androgynous. In fact, it's hard to tell the gender of any of the non-human races. And impolite to try.

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, taking into consideration the Dwarves' Easter Eg line, I'd think they were male, but as for Gnomes and Elves, yeah, it's hard (if possible at all) to tell.

Alberinian Wildmaster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the easter egg line for the elves sounds girly. "I'm lookin' good." Is one of theirs. And the other one is "Is that a bornelii original? Stunning!" There are both said in a very feminine voice. And I don't think gnomes have a gender. Shocked

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What? The Gnomes are obviously male... I can't believe you can't see it Smile

Alberinian Wildmaster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I don't know...... it might and might not. Some of their easter egg lines sounds like a female doing it....

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And guys can't have high or "female" voices and females can't have low or "male" voices, eh?

Shocked

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, it's just that I, at least, can't tell. Might just be me. Dunno.

eowynjedi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's really hard to tell with Gnomes... maybe they're the androgynous ones. I mean, yeah, they have high voices, but there are some men with high voices and some women with low ones...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: