Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Plans for a "Daughter of Krypta part 2"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I sent him an e-mail. I will not post the e-mail because it contains MANY spoilers.

Sorotor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully he'll respond to the e-mail. If he doesn't, I'd be worried about him.

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, as chance had it, I went into the forums today and found this topic about Noman's plans of making DoK2. Noman, I've not received any emails from you in my hotmail account though - perhaps you could PM it to me via this forum's PM system.

I'm rather honored that someone has decided that DoK deserves a sequel so much that they're willing to write it themselves. Personally, I have been eking out a rough draft of what I think DoK2 should be, but I doubt I have the time or energy to pull it off. Because of this, I wouldn't stop anyone from making DoK2 - it would be fun to actually see what someone else thinks will happen next to Lydith and her friends.

Noman, I'll PM a few suggestions of my own to you which you can use if you wish.

To everyone else, it's good to see that the story-writing is still going on in 1001 Ardanian Nights. Keep up the great work! Now I have a lot of catching up to do with my reading Razz

Noman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for your approval! I don't know why my e-mail failed to go through (I will try to fix this.) First, I will start by making a prelude story in order to set up the situation of the story and introduce at least one new character. Expect the prelude story in a couple of days, and the sequal to "daughter of Krypta" to start in a week or two.

Just a note to all newcomers: Don't expect the story to be complete in one fell swoop. These stories can take a VERY long time to create, as I am sure
Talespinner knows.

Thanks!

Noman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If have decided to post an encyclopedia of people, places, things, and concepts related to the "Daughter of Krypta series." A short time after this post, the encyclopedia should start to go up. Additions and revisions will be made in order to improve the quality of the encyclopedia. If anyone thinks that I have made an error on already established topics, please let me know so that I can make corrections (especially Talespinner, as many of these ideas are HIS, not mine, although I will be making the next stories.)
I will start with important locations that are pertinant to the storyline.

By the way, the tentative title for the story is "Blood of Krypta." (this is not yet final.)

P.S. This encyclopedia is intended to clarify certain issues about the story and to minimalize confusion. It will NOT give away any critical parts of the story. If it does seem to give anything away, the offending part will be edited out.

Sorotor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

God idea. With an encyclopedia, we can all make sure you're not radically changing TaleSpinner's original concepts. Wink

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent idea with the Encyclopedia. I must say that although DoK briefly touched on a few aspects of Thistlewood, Noman has really brought it to life in the Encyclopedia. Great work!

--- Tales of Forumnia: The Siege

Cooker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tale, where have you being ?

Noman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will now begin to add "Factions" to my encyclopedia. Factions include organizations such as temples, guilds, or other gatheirngs, such as the inner sect. I will also add more to "Places" soon.

Noman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Please forgive the unfinished appeareance of the encyclopedia; it is still under construction and any holes will be filled in soon.

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's interesting to see how you've weaved bits and pieces of ideas together into a coherent whole. I, for one, never even thought about when the Necrolyte Wars happened - to me they just did ;)

One thing though - I've mentioned the "Age of Gods" in DoK - a time when the new gods (Agrela, Dauros, Fervus, Krypta) walked the world as mortals. Weaving that into the History of Ardania, we're looking at:

K.A. 494-499 - The Age of Gods begins. Lunord and Helia give "birth" to seven new gods during the Six Winters War. These manifest themselves as mortal beings; Grum-Gog - goblin mortal, Url-Shekk - a mutated dragon(?), Rrongol - Unknown, Agrela/Dauros/Fervus/Krypta - Human.

K.A. 631 - Makkat receives a vision from Lunord about the new gods, particularly the human ones, who are about 30+ year old humans by now, just starting their ministries in Ardania. Unfortunately, the vision drives Makkat mad, and he leads a crusade against followers of Lunord and Helia.

K.A. 642 - Makkat is killed by a brave group of Solarii. However, by now the mortal Gods are leading their own followers. Krypta founds Necroselleum with her followers. The Necrolyte Wars slowly start as various necromancers use their powers to raise undead armies to fight amongst each other.

K.A. 650-660 - The end of the Age of Gods as one-by-one, the mortal bodies of the gods expire, elevating their spirits into true godhood.

K.A. 679 - The other Ardanian lords, sickened by the Necrolyte Wars and the devastation it was bringing to its neighbours step in and defeat the last of the Necrolyte Kings.

Noman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In a few days I will post a story on my adept character, Talos, who grew up in ThistleWood with Lydith. This is a sidestory in the "Daughter of Krypta" series. It will be a relatively short story, with another "Talos" story or two coming out before the sequal to DoK, "Blood of Krypta." (tentative title.) I will also continue to post in the encyclopedia (Dok = Daughter of Krypta's continuum)

The first story will be Dok: Talos's mystic journey (tentative title.)

Other plans include Dok: Talos and the chalice (what every Adept dreams of
finding)

and

Dok: Talos and life's greatest lessons (the title may be changed)

Noman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay... I know that this is being given on short notice, but I will post a PRELUDE story to "Blood of Krypta" the sequal to "Daughter of Krypta" which isn't as anticipated as I thought that it would be. This is NOT the sequal; merely a prelude, just to give some early hints and to set the tone.
The prelude will be told mainly in narrative form, with few (if any) actual dialouges between the characters. This does not discount the importance of the prelude, it merely allows me to place otherwise boring details in a preliminary story first.

The story will be Titled Dok (Daugther of Krypta): Dark Shadows-- A prelude. In order to fully understand the sequal, this story must be read first.

If Talespinner or anyone else has questions or comments, please leave them on this topic. I will be editing the story for a time, so if you see small parts of the content and /or grammar change, don't be surprised. Thank you.

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking, perhaps it would be good if instead of referring everything back to "DoK", we could call all stories as being a part of a greater "story-world" called "Chronicles of Ardania" or "Legends of Ardania" or "Ardania: The Lost Tales".

This would be something similar to what was done with Dragonlance. Almost all Dragonlance books all refer back to the "World of Dragonlance", regardless of author. Or like how "Forgotten Realms" is the story-world with sub-series of books by various authors.

So, (saying we go with "Chronicles of Ardania") we can start a new topic called "The Chronicles of Ardania Compendium" and have a sub-series called "Daughter of Krypta" under it that links to the "Daughter of Krypta" topic. Talos's own story will be part of a sub-series called "Adept's Path" or something like that. And the Encyclopedia that you've started can then be called "Chronicles of Ardania Encyclopedia".

Noman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

True, but woulde'nt that be turning the storyline into just some other
"chronicles", "stories" or "tales" series which rapidly loses effectiveness with time? By the way, good idea with the whole "fame of Talos" idea. My thought was that Karyn would know about Talos, as it has already been established that Karyn is studious, but that the other priestesses would not know who he was due to the closed nature of their order, and the fact that Talos has been accomplishing these great deeds over the last year, which has been one of locked doors, stepped up patrols, and screened channels of communication due to the threat from the inner sect. This way, Karyn and Lydith know about Talos in their own way (Karyn knows him as a hero, Lydith knows him as a field hand.)

The name "Daughter of Krypta" is one that is uniquely attributed to Majesty, and distingishes the storyline from any other "chronicles" or "tales of" story. Perhaps, if the storyline grows too large, I will refer to it as "Chronicles of Ardania", but that will be when the story is no longer related to Lydith in any way. Perhaps I could even write a prequal to daughter of Krypta? This story would explain what happened to Lydia and
Tomas, as well as mention Daedra, Gameth, and the rise of the Inner Sect.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: