Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

building limitations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gpiggawd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: building limitations Reply with quote Back to top

I have a problem. I want to edit the buildings but when i try to save a box pops up saying file name does not exist or not recognized, becaue it really does not exist i am trying to create it. I need some assistence. Please help. yes, i have reinstalled, there are no problems with the disk, i have all the updated drivers, it does not crash, there are absoluely no technical problems with hardware, software and the such.

Apple

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gpiggawd, what game is it that you're running?
I don't recall an edit building function in Majesty.

Alberinian Wildmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Apple wrote:

1# What is wrong with the name gpiggawd?
2# It is an editor in the NORTHERN EXPANSION, in freesyle, that lets you edit the number of building of a certain kind that you can build. And it lets you disable a building, too. Example: In the Quest "Elven Treachery" you cannot build any Rogue or Elven Guilds. You can also do this in freesyle. Edit the number of building you can make (or none at all) at walla, there you are. But, unfortunately, we don't know how to save the editor. I think this might have been discussed in another topic.

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alberinian Wildmaster wrote:
Apple wrote:

2# It is an editor in the NORTHERN EXPANSION, in freesyle, that lets you edit the number of building of a certain kind that you can build. And it lets you disable a building, too. Example: In the Quest "Elven Treachery" you cannot build any Rogue or Elven Guilds. You can also do this in freesyle. Edit the number of building you can make (or none at all) at walla, there you are. But, unfortunately, we don't know how to save the editor. I think this might have been discussed in another topic.

1: Ummm, Apple didn't ask about gpiggawd's name, he asked about which game!
2: Are you meaning save the edited settings, or the editor itself? Because there should be a "save settings" button in-game to save that, but I've no idea how to save the editor itself. If there's an error message that pops up when you try to save the settings, well, I'm lost there too.
Rolling Eyes

Apple

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think what gpiggawd was trying to do is to edit a building, not the number of buildings. That is, he (or she) is trying to change a building's appearance and/or function. As far as I know, that is not a feature in NE. However, it may be possible in PM, but I've never played the game, so I'm not sure.

Or it could be one of the pre-Maj games.

Alberinian Wildmaster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Will the Spellcaster wrote:
Alberinian Wildmaster wrote:
Apple wrote:

1: Ummm, Apple didn't ask about gpiggawd's name, he asked about which game!
2: Are you meaning save the edited settings, or the editor itself? Because there should be a "save settings" button in-game to save that, but I've no idea how to save the editor itself. If there's an error message that pops up when you try to save the settings, well, I'm lost there too.
Rolling Eyes
Oops Embarassed .
I still think it is the number of buildings.

Wallwalker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: ditto Reply with quote Back to top

I think that he is talking about editing the number of buildings, because I'm having exactly the same problem. And I've browsed a lot of the forum archives and done a few searches and I can't find another post talking about this.

I run MajX (Gold Edition) on XP. I go to Freestyle or Multiplayer (I play over a LAN) and click on the button for editing the buildings. I type in a new file name instead of default and then edit some building settings (usually setting a bunch of things to allow zero buildings.) Then, when I click Save, I get an error message saying that the file name does not exist or is reserved. (I can't reproduce right now because I can't run the game - if you need it I can get the exact error message later.)

Apple

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the term that, properly used, would clarify everything is "Freestyle Building Limitation Settings".

As to the technical problem, I have not come across it before and as such, am unable to suggest a software solution. Might I suggest a "pen and paper" approach to the problem?

LorraineP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have trouble saving building limitations also. For me it's for a different reason, because I like to do the build all cheat, but I don't want things like sewers and graveyards to be included in the list. But I can't seem to be able to cut out the things I don't want to accidentally build.

wavefront

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I seem to remember warning that using the build everything code could cause logic problems in the game.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is this for Gold? 'Cause I remember when Northern Expansion first came out before Gold, there was a contest and people sent in their scenarios with varying building files and they worked okay...

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LorraineP:
I think that setting the building limit of something to 0 still makes it appear on the list of buildings, you just can't build it. Also, if you use the build everething cheat, I think everything shows up if it didn't before, and I think you can build them even with the limit. And a third thing: I don't think sewers and graveyards appear on the "buildings limitations" list, it only applies for things you can build without cheating.
Very Happy
And, wavefront, you're right.

LorraineP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

<< I think that setting the building limit of something to 0 still makes it appear on the list of buildings, you just can't build it >>

Oh. I'm trying to clean out the list for things I'd only want to build. I mean for scrolling efficiency.

I use "build everything" a lot (in freestyle quests). In my experience, the only logic problems that occur are when you build something that's normally not "built," such as a graveyard, or a sewer, or a gambling den, that sort of thing. Also, I never jump in and build a level 3 building - I always start with the first level and upgrade them naturally. So the main reason I use "build everything" is to allow the conflicting heroes to be in the same kingdom. I've never had any logic problems that I could detect doing it this way. I've had kingdoms with one of each hero. I also have a 'starter shell' that has every guild already built, but no heroes yet, plus wizards towers situated all over the map so that the spells work everywhere.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: