Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Move the wizard to tire three and make him a tie breaker!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Wish List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cooker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Move the wizard to tire three and make him a tie breaker! Reply with quote Back to top

Currently the tie breaker is the Abode, whoever gets it first almost always wins. I found a few ways to make late game more interesting. The first was the dragon. I explained that earlier. Now I would like to present you: the wizard.

Make wizard tire three and incredibly powerful. Make them something along the line of Gandalf the White in Lord of the Rings and Elimister of Shadowdale in Dungeon and dragons. And there is a catch: You canít build wizard guild.

There are wizard guilds abandoned in the wildness. Once you hit palace level three, you can go out and claim one of these. Once itís claimed it start to summon a wizard and everyone on the map would know you are doing it. And they can easily stop it by booting out your heroes controlling the wizard guild!

Once the wizard guild finishes its long summoning process, all hell breaks lose. Any wizard guild holds a single wizard, but this single wizard can take out an entire settlement! Like any other super weapons, he is nearly invincible if properly supported (battle cruiser in homeworld, grim reaper in dungeon keeper) but he can be taken out if he is not properly supported.

This keeps the game more dynamic. Instead of everyone sitting at home trying to build an abode, people would actually go out and fight for the wizard guild constantly!

Alfryd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tie breakers should not exist, full stop. The overall game mechanics should be constructed so that ties cannot realistically arise. I'd favour the control of territory to feed your economy together with some kind of affluence-limitation to curb excessive income as a means of ensuring this.

Lurn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cooker, you're just obsessed with wizards. Wink

Seriously, though, the idea's not a bad one, in my opinion. Might be good as a optional feature, selectable when you customize the map, and in some quests.

I'd still like to keep the old wizards in, though, so maybe these could be archmages or something.

Cooker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe just a map option : Wizards On.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure about the idea of having a "unit kill everything". I'd rather see the Abode re-balanced or those dispel/counterspells implemented.

Cooker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Spiderman wrote:
I'm not sure about the idea of having a "unit kill everything". I'd rather see the Abode re-balanced or those dispel/counterspells implemented.

Every game has a unit that kills everything:

Homeworld: battlecruisers
Dungeon Keeper: the reaper
Command and Conquer: The nuke
Rise of nation: the ICBM
Ground control: The fully upgraded dropship
Starcraft: Protoss carrier in groups of 12
warcraft: LOTS of frost Wyrms

do I need to go down the list ?

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, in CaC games the nuke can never kill that much. Take Red Alert 2 for example. The nuke will kill most infantry and some tanks, but for most structural buildings, there's still a few bars left. It still only deals half the constuction yard's HP. And in the Soviet missions, on that last one (I think), it deals a third to the Kremlin. So you sill have to do other things than build a nuke. I assume it's the same for multiplayer.

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not to mention that in the Tiberian Sun games, there isn't a nuke. There is a variety of missle weapons, but none of them can destroy a base. (that I know of)

And is there anything like that in the Civilization games? There's still nukes, to be sure, but the closest thing to what you're describing would be the Eco Ranger from Civ. Call to Power, and that only works on the top 3 most polluting cities in the world.

Krypta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Dungeon Keeper: the reaper

Though the reaper has the highest attack the dragon is the higest overall and a reaper is hardly a doomsday weapon. (Unless your talkin about Dungeon Keeper 2 where he is only there for 5 minutes)
3-Command & Conquer: Generals

Alfryd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
...warcraft: LOTS of frost Wyrms

Can't say about the others, but I've beaten lots of frost wyrms. Upgraded rifles + dragonhawks. It's mainly a matter of scouting your opponent to see what they're getting. Nobody does that, though. Warcraft simply puts too much on your plate at once. But one of the redeeming features of wc3 *was* the fact there was no kills-everything unit. Every unit had it's value and place.

Sorotor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cooker wrote:
Starcraft: Protoss carrier in groups of 12

Anybody who lets a Protoss player build 12 Carriers deserves to be obliterated. Building twelve of those things isn't cheap, in resources or time.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cooker wrote:
Every game has a unit that kills everything

And that means Majesty has to join them?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Wish List All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: