Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

will Windows XP work with Majestyquest?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peacemaker7377

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 9:45 am    Post subject: will Windows XP work with Majestyquest? Reply with quote Back to top

Good day to you all,
I'm thinking about buying this Majisty game. It looks like a very sweet game. Plus, good reviews on it too. But, I just bought an older computer 550mhz with Windows XP home edition on it.
I'm curious, will Majesty Quest work on my computer? Please, help me.
Thank you for your time.
Sincerly,
Peacemaker7377

DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 1:34 pm    Post subject: will Windows XP work with Majestyquest? Reply with quote Back to top

I have xp and it works fine on my comp but i may have a patch that i forgot about so i think it'll work but i could be wrong

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 3:29 pm    Post subject: will Windows XP work with Majestyquest? Reply with quote Back to top

Cyberlore did not develop/test Majesty or its Expansion for Windows XP. Nevertheless, many of us have and use XP and it seems to work fine. I don't know of any bugs that have been directly attributed to Windows XP.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
peacemaker7377

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 10:44 am    Post subject: will Windows XP work with Majestyquest? Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the info. It is most appreciated.

bladeles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 10:44 am    Post subject: will Windows XP work with Majestyquest? Reply with quote Back to top

Majesty actually came out prior to the release of XP, and I think the Expansion came out at about the same time.

There really is no reason why it should not work with XP, assuming that your install of XP is working correctly in the first place. XP is really just a marriage of 2000 and ME, IMO.

If you do have problems, I am sure that the Tech Support has seen most of them. There is probably a 'Wizard' you can run to make it work, if I know XP...

Goodsport

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:27 am    Post subject: will Windows XP work with Majestyquest? Reply with quote Back to top

Majesty no longer worked on my computer once I got Windows XP.

-G

Kyle73

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:19 pm    Post subject: will Windows XP work with Majestyquest? Reply with quote Back to top

I don't seem to have any problems with Majesty & XP. In fact, I really don't have any problems playing games that were released prior to XP.

Wiitigoo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: will Windows XP work with Majestyquest? Reply with quote Back to top

Well me and my gf both have new Dells with XP home. They are the same PC with 1gig Ram and a 128MB Radeon 9800.

When in the game the mouse scroll is way to fast. Need a way to slow that down. At random times the game freezes for about 30 to 60 secs.

mikej711

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: will Windows XP work with Majestyquest? Reply with quote Back to top

I’m running Majesty on XP 1.67GHz. Well, the game map was scrolling way to fact; I had to slow it down.

There is this program called MoSlo 4BIZ (www.hpaa.com/moslo/). It slows down all kinds of programs in XP—You have to get 4BIZ though, not the others—perfect for us “classic” gamers.

MoSlo 4BIZ WILL slow Majesty down, although not directly. 4BIZ provides 4 methods for slowing programs: 1) DOS programs, 2) slows the whole of Windows down, 3) slows just the application you want, leaving the rest untouched, and 4) is for networking (something I’ve never used).

Ideally, you want to use (3) for XP, which slows what you want and only what you want, but when I pointed 4BIZ at Majesty, it thought was a debugger and refused to run (probably an anti-tampering measure).

I found a work around. Instead of targeting Majesty’s executable, I slowed down a much simpler program, Windows Solitaire, to 300 MHz using Option 2. Solitaire accepted 4BIZ and slowed down. Here’s the upside: Option 2 not only slows the target, like Option 3, but the WHOLE SYSTEM! With the debugger no longer pointed at it, I am able to play Majesty (and everything else) at 300MHz, and, when I close Solitaire, my system returns to its normal speed.

Sure, you shouldn’t use it while running high end products, like Office. But, when playing games, who has that stuff like that up anyhow?

Eladamri

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I went to amazon.com and they say majesty is OS 95/98/ME only. What game did you bought : Majesty, Gold edition ?

Alberinian Wildmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, good old Majesty and Gold Edition work on the good old (I mean new!) XP Home Edition!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: