Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Majesty freezes, help needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kipinae

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Majesty freezes, help needed Reply with quote Back to top

My friend borrowed me the game and just started playing it today, but I'm having difficulties completing the quests, since in the end of the quest (just when I get the message "You are victorious!") the screen fades to black and nothing happens. I can't even switch to Windows after that so I can't use Task Manager to quit the exe. So all I can do is push the reset button.

I did get one quest completed after I installed the update (on an earlier try, that very same quest froze too) so I thought maybe it helped with other quests too. But no, the first quest (the thing with the book, candle and bell) still does that. I'd really want to solve this problem 'cause I love the game, and it's frustrating to go through hours of work for nothing really left in the statistics. :/

I'm running on Windows 2000, I have the latest DirectX and I bet it's no hardware problem (in the sense of me lacking something - maybe I have something 'too good' for an oldie like Majesty?). I don't think the disc's scratched or something either, because of the one quest suddenly started working.

Does anyone have a solution?

Spiderman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is this the original game or Majesty Gold?

kipinae

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is the original game.

kipinae

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried updating my monitor drivers (as someone suggested) and that helped me go through another quest. But the next quest freezes on victory, again.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, no idea. Sad

kipinae

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now this is weird.

I've played a couple quests over this weekend. It does still freeze after a quest - but not every time. Apparently it works better if my comp has been on for a while already and there's like 130 MB or so RAM available, and if I have a saved game near the victory. (It does jam on defeat as well, I did try that, too.)
Seems like it's related to memory somehow - but then again, I have played the demo long time ago with a comp that had less everything and Win95/98 (don't remember). I would gladly exit Windows and play from DOS or something if that were possible (but Win2k doesn't have that, plus I don't know if the game would work that way either).

So basically it is possible to play the game through, but what a pain in the ass it is. I really need to reformat this thing and install Win98. Majesty works no problem with that OS, am I right?

(As a side question, do you think it's possible for an average PC user like me to format a PC on my own, without messing everything up and end up paying hundreds to expensive experts? Like wipe everything away and start fresh and clean. If there's a simple and printable guide to do it, I'd be most grateful if you'd tell me.)

xivxav

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have the same problem, only with the gold edition.

Apple

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kipinae wrote:
(As a side question, do you think it's possible for an average PC user like me to format a PC on my own, without messing everything up and end up paying hundreds to expensive experts? Like wipe everything away and start fresh and clean. If there's a simple and printable guide to do it, I'd be most grateful if you'd tell me.)

Formating a PC is no problem - it's putting stuff back into the hard drive after that where the real work comes in.

Still, with a lot of patience, reinstalling Windows shouldn't be much of a problem with Microsoft's step-by-step guide that usually appears while reinstalling with the Windows CD. You might want to look up Microsoft's tech support for detailed instructions if you want extra assurance.

The problem only comes when something goes wrong. I doubt it would cost hundreds to pay experts to fix the problem, unless you have serious hardware problem. Most likely it'll just cost a good dinner for a friend who knows how to install the thing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: