Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

A Question for TaleSpinner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Other Majesty Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DocHalloween

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: A Question for TaleSpinner Reply with quote Back to top

TaleSpinner,
I have sent you an email three days ago. I have not received an email back concerning my question. I am writing here just in case you do not read that email any longer. Here is a copy of that email:

I am making a module for the PC game Neverwinter Nights. I would like to use "Majesty: Heroes of Ardania" as the title. Do you have any objections (is it copyrighted)? If you do, do you have any suggestions as to how I may use it and still make you happy? I noticed the heroesofardania.com is no longer active and I do not want to use that title if it is copyrighted or if you object to me using it.
**Read Matthew 6:34(Bible's New Testament)
**It helps if you have developed the confidence to stop worrying about what people think of you. Stop living your life to please others.

Sir Sublime

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm guessing if the site or url is active, it's up for grabs I belive.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
DocHalloween

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Smile Tailspinner sent me an email this morning giving me permission to use the "Majesty: Heroes of Ardania" as a title.
**It helps if you have developed the confidence to stop worrying about what people think of you. Stop living your life to please others.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's cool that if it wasn't copyrighted or that since the url expired, you simply could have grabbed the title but instead you were courteous enough to ask TS about it... Smile

DocHalloween

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Too many people rip other people's stuff off, I was guilty of that once. A person works hard for what they create and then people think just because it is up on the web then it is free.

At the very least give credit where it is due and not just swipe something for your own. I wanted to give Tailspinner a chance to respond plus I did not want to get sued Wink

M

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, if you want to use soMeone's stuff, it's always a good idea to ask. After all, if they say 'no', it's still just as legal as it was before, is it not? And at least it was courteous to ask... Wink

Alfryd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In the words of the immortal Calvin, "I guess that has a certain unethical logic to it..."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Other Majesty Gaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: