Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Music won't work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Music won't work Reply with quote Back to top

I have Win XP (would say more but I don't know how to find anything else, I think a Pentium 3, not sure) with Maj and the Ex. installed, but the music won't work on either. Sorry about being vauge, that's all I really know. Anyone know about things like this?
NOTE: I bought the disks seperatly, not Maj Gold.

Alberinian Wildmaster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey I have an idea.... Try doing this: go into My Computer. Now go to your hard drive and then go to Programs. Now go to Majesy (the folder might be a different title, but you get the picture) and go to the data file. Now go to Music tracks. Double click (I sound like a computer expert, don't I? Wink ) Make sure the tracks are there. Some of the tracks should be titled General Theme, Early Game, Epic Quest, etc. If not, ask someone about the name and ORDER of the tracks. Don't ask me, mine are out of order, so I guess I need help too, don't I? Wink

LorraineP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Search in the tech support section for music. I had a hard time a while ago and people posted some good ideas.

LorraineP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I found one old hint - is your CD drive assigned as E? I lost my Majesty music when I'd switched it to F:

I'd switched my built-in CD drive to be the F drive, so when I switched it back to be the E drive, my music came back!

Here's step-by-step for folks wanting help with this:
(For Win98 and WinME - sorry I don't know others, I don't usually use a PC):

(1) Select SYSTEM from the CONTROL PANEL folder
(2) In the SYSTEM window, select DEVICE MANAGER
(3) Select CD-ROM, then double-click the physical CD-ROM drive icon
(4) Select SETTINGS, and assign the drive letter to E
(5) Close all the windows and restart

(I also pressed the button at the bottom to refresh the Device Manager before I restarted, but I don't know if that's essential or not.)

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The only thing that's worked (up to a point ) is Alberinian Wildmaster's idea, except for one thing: I can't find the Music file. I can get to everything up to the data file, but there's no ,usic file there. There's a bunch of files named "MLD1_... .cam", but that's as close as it gets to music. (and instead of "..." it has things like "action", "soundfx", "voices", "maindata", and "unitype") Oh, there's also a file called "MLDI.bcd". I have next to no idea what to do from here, my knowladge in this area is zilch. The closest I have to computer knowlage is a basic (I think) understanding of how to work some HTML codes and how to run programs. (duh) And of corse the things that almost everybody knows. A little more help here? (and remember, I've got the original and the expansion on WinXP, and my disk drives are E [CD drive] and D [DVD drive that can play CD's too])

Alberinian Wildmaster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just to tell everyone, can you call me by my last name, Wildmaster? Alberinian Wildmaster is just to much of a mouthful. The problem may be that you have to go into the regular Majesty folder, not the Expansion. And the file for the music tracks is a notepad kind-of-thing.

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I just copied and pasted, but I'll try to remember from now on. And I did look in the Majesty file, but still no luck. Ah well, I'll try a serch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: