Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Cyberlore seeking producer/programmer... could this be...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkitay

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i have a prablom with spell-checkers i cant us them my wrighting mastikes are so bad thet the spellcheck dosnt help it corcte the mastikes but the word thet came up is not what i whanted to wright .
secend i didnt diside what progrem i will us .
and i will be vary happe if u will give me same models Smile
by

Alfryd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
".... If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all."

Ok. On a completely different topic, I'm sure Big Brother'll agree.
Quote:
"I have a problem with spell-checkers: I can't use them, my writing mistakes are so bad that the spellcheck doesn't help. It corrects the mistakes but the words that come up are not what I wanted to write.
Secondly, I didn't decide what program I will use.
And I will be very happy if you will give me some models."

I see. I'd like to see some small sample of your own work first. 3DSMax seems to be most widely used for game media design. You can host some screenshots of models at www.imageshack.us, so let me know when you've made a decision.

I'm not entirely sure that maj2 would need a collossal amount of advertising to pull in a respectable profit. The original had no huge media blitz to herald it's coming, but still sold... oh, Jay's informed us nailing such figures is like the proverbial jello-to-tree assignment, but let's call it 200,000? Because it was an oh-so-fine game. Playboy: TM has had a large hype halo but I'll be surprised and slightly disgusted if it does much better saleswise, being a largely inferior rehash of its elders. Jay's pessimism on self-financing seems to bear this out, but maybe I'm reading too much into it.
As far as I can tell, Publishers exist for three things: To handle PR, fork over starting capital and handle the physical distribution of the product. Majesty didn't seem to need a huge PR blitz. Physical distribution is no longer essential. In theory, although you'll miss a few customers going online, you'll also get a larger cut of any profits. I don't think publishers are likely to take the bait at this stage.

wavefront

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alfryd wrote:

You may find this useful: http://www.spellcheck.net/

Speaking from personal experience that particular service isn't very good (though it is free). If you use the wrong vowel sound at or near the beginning of the word it tends to give you a list of all the wrong words.
It also has trouble with typing mistakes (hitting the key next to the one you wanted). The MS Word spell check is arguably the best (if you have access to it.)

gamepharaoh2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok this is totally unrelated to anything here but I had an urge to say it:
The position of king sucks... emperor is much better.

To reply to wavefront's post, I'd like to say he is totally right. I tried to type in "tu" and expected to get "to" in the list but instead it gave me "TU". I would definitely use Microsoft word. MS word even capitalizes words like Egypt when i forgot to. It is very good.

One more thing... Why did we go from publisher to spell checker? If Alfryd can translate posts then it is all good. Darkitay really does have a preety nice idea and his idea's brilliance is not diminished by spelling. My teacher grades our essays based on context, NOT SPELLING, and I think we should do that too.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Ok this is totally unrelated to anything here but I had an urge to say it: The position of king sucks... emperor is much better.

Ok. Feel better now?
Quote:
...MS word even capitalizes words like Egypt when I forgot to. It is very good.

That sort of thing drives me nuts. I keep getting the impression Microsoft will one day come out with a product with exactly one button marked "life" that gets clicked before leaving the factory.
Quote:
One more thing... Why did we go from publisher to spell checker? If Alfryd can translate posts then it is all good. Darkitay really does have a preety nice idea and his idea's brilliance is not diminished by spelling. My teacher grades our essays based on context, NOT SPELLING, and I think we should do that too.

Wilful sloppiness about spelling is like saying, "my ideas are sufficiently great and your time so worthless, that any trouble involved in decoding my incomprehensible screed is a smaller loss than the time I would need to make it legible." Now, some people just can't spell or express themselves clearly, and that's fine. But having no interest in improving isn't.
I'd also love to see what darkitay produces once he has his machine set up.

gamepharaoh2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yes i would love to see what he produces... he makes it sound so good and with Alfryd's character designs it will no doubt be a god Majesty trailer

darkitay

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

im geting a new computer so it will take me same time .
i will began warking in the moment i will get my computer rady .
so it will take me abuot a week to get starting.
tnx for the suport

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I still don't understand half of this topic, but oh well. Whatever darkitay makes will be great, I'm sure. Good luck, and may the Ardanian Gods be with you! (and the real one(s) that you belive in too)

Brian003

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder if any Troika talent might head this way? Wow you go away for a couple of years and evrythings blue. Shocked

gamepharaoh2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

troika?

Gaspod

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Troika - Game Company, Just went out of business, Made Vampire rpg's.

Lurn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

More importantly, the 2001 classic Arcanum. Now, that was a masterpiece of role-playing extravaganza! Origional world, origional plot, good character development, and a fun technology system.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: