Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Legendary Failures!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kelticvixen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Legendary Failures! Reply with quote Back to top

In spite of a couple of fairly detailed walkthroughs, hints and tips, I am still unable to complete the Legendary Heros campaign. I've solved almost all of the other expert quests, but this one smacks me around. I am way too stubborn to cheat and it has become a vendetta now.

Anyone have any more ideas? I just run out of time with only 2 or 3 barrows destroyed. My city is large and thriving with outposts and an embassy. I have tons of explore flags set out, but they don't seem to want to explore fast enough. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Minrhael

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 2:54 am    Post subject: Legendary Failures! Reply with quote Back to top

You may have already read it in the walkthrough, but to get the heroes to explore more a) recruit more rangers, and rogues and elves are nice and greedy for the flags; b) set your explore flags for more money if needed; c) use the gate spell to get heroes as far across the map as possible.

If you have a fairgrounds running near your abode, you can shut down the tournament right after you cast gate to get a whole bunch of heroes heading out at once, and you can call to arms to get warrior guild troops to the gate, though I'm not sure how good they are at exploring, I doubt explore flags are high on the WoD checklist of things to do, though I've been surprised before.

Also, if you're going the wizard tower route, and you've got your economy rolling, you can simply use wizard eye or whatever the heck the name of the terrain revealing spell is; probably a combination of the two would be best as there is a lot of territory to uncover.

Apple

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:02 pm    Post subject: Legendary Failures! Reply with quote Back to top

Don't feel bad.
It took me two days (real life time) of trying to beat this quest.

I think the Wizard tower route is the easiest way to beat this quest.

If I remember correctly, you can safely demolish the first three barrows - but do it early (especially the first one). After that, locate the last three and destroy 'em all at the same time.

1) Weaken the Barrows first to around 60-100 HP.
2) Then put the last three Barrows on hotkeys.
3) Gather lots of gold.
4) Earthquake one, and with the help of the hotkeys, Lightning Bolt the other two such that all three Barrows go down within seconds of each other.
(Alternatively, have heroes attacking one of the remaining Barrows.)
5) See the Victory Screen, then quit the game before the hordes of spawned monsters overrun your kingdom...

Slashco

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm having a lot of trouble with this one as well. There simply isn't enough time to discover AND destroy all the barrows on such a large map and with so few heroes. I think the quest itself was hard enough without adding a time limit, doing that has pushed it the extra mile from 'challenging and fun' to 'just plain hard and frustrating'.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's time, but just barely enough. It takes a lot of tries to get this one (at least it did for me). You just have to keep trying...

Slashco

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just wish it were based more on skill and/or a proven strategy, than pure luck finding those things.

BTW: I have never, ever, seen any video or computer game wherein adding a time limit made it more fun or enjoyable. Quite the opposite.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree, but time limits only happen a few times in Majesty. Usually you can build at your leisure and then crush the scenario when there aren't time limits or you don't care about fastest times.

Slashco

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Update: Well, I finally did it. Took me 28 days with the wizard tower approach. Then because I was so mad, I stayed in the game, killed all the monsters, rebuilt my town and went on a rampage. I couldn't actually clear the map because of the respawning lairs, but it was still quite satisfying. Smile

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool. I think I died in the final onslaught when I continued the game after winning.... Rolling Eyes Wink

MWorius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Legendary Heroes is one of two quests that I have not been able to beat honestly. The other is Vigil For a Fallen Hero.

The problems with this quest can be summed up thus:

-The map is way too big.
-1 hero per guild really isn't enough, even with high starting levels.
-10000 starting gold really isn't enough to set up the kingdom properly.
-30 days often isn't enough time.
-This quest relies more on luck than acutaly skill.

I've come close to beating it, but not close enough, often because I can't find the last barrow in time, or make enough gold to win.

The wizard tower strategy is pretty essential, but it does eat up a lot of gold. You really need at least a piar of trading posts to generate enough gold here. Also very important is using an outpost and embassy to add more heroes. Together that can gain you 8 heroes and is overall cheaper than building multiple guilds (I think), but the outpost and embassy each cost 3000 gold (2850 w/blacksmith), and embassy heroes are mose expensive.

So I do that, and lighntning bolt that barrows down to about 50 hp. At 30 days you get a massive earthquake that affects the entire map, and that should finish of the barrows at the same time. This is also a quest that really can't be played after you finish it, cause it's next to impossible tio survive the final assault.

The biggest problem with the hardest Majesty quests is that they really require a hell of a lot of luck.

Murky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for all the tips everyone, and i have been trying to beat this for 3-4 weeks now...... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

on a slightly different note how do you place the wizard guilds around and not be destroyed.. im gettin really iritated at this quest..

i bet i have played it 50 times!!!!!!

if anyone has any help at all.. email me Gonnbron85@aol.com

Sorry for any inconveinence.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: