Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Fight for the Throne. Part I

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XxaxX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Fight for the Throne. Part I Reply with quote Back to top

The Fight for the Throne Pt. I
‘Imminent Attack’

2 Years into the Rein of the Goblin King:

The Story of Praul Huntswell: Part. I
Day 1
Praul worked his way through the thick forest north-west of Ravenswood, he was tired and hungry but kept moving all the same. He kept trudging over brambles and roots, moving to the West, to the shore. He was about to retire at an old ruined building when some noises could be heard coming this way, his emediate reaction was to duck, and good thing to, a few seconds later a pack of goblins stumbled out of the clearing heading straight for the ruins. Praul back against the wall, keeping his breathing as quiet as possible. After a few more seconds he chanced a look, carefully he turned slowly, silently, and stuck one eye over the side of the crumbling wall. There were 6 of them, 3 were small and holding wicked looking knives, and there was a taller one, clad in heavy armour and wielding a large sword and a mace in each hand, there was another one slightly taller than the first three who was holding a small bow in one hand and a quiver of ten or so arrows in the other hand, the last on was what looked like a goblin priest, he was leaning his feeble body on a staff of simple wood as he spoke. But Praul could not understand what they were saying, it all sounded like gibberish to him. Praul sat back down on the ground quietly, he glanced at his own quiver, there were only seven arrows left, even if he hit al of them it would not be enough. He decided to wait and pray that they would leave soon. Then miraculously they left, however he noticed two things as they did this. 1: they were going west, to the shore, exactly the same direction he was. 2 that their blades were coated with fresh human blood that glittered in the waning light of the sun. As the goblins were out of sight a thought struck Praul. What were a small group of goblins doing in the middle of nowhere, the rein of the Goblin King was far to the east south of the place once called Mayhew. The only possible explanations were a) they were lost or b) there were more of them and they were on patrol duty. Praul shuddered, they didn’t sound lost, they must have a base camp nearby, and Praul felt it was his duty to find out where!

The Story of Lucius Windwalker Pt. I
Day 1
Despite the rumours that have reached Lucius’ ears he continued to trek through the forest with the speed only Adepts can muster, he had set out from the beautiful forest city, East Cheswick to patrol a border post East of Ravenswood. These rumours were of the Goblin King, who was trying a last ditch effort to rid Ardania of Humans once and for all, but to Lucius they remained only rumours, but it seemed to be a fact that some land west of the Central Plains had recently fallen to the goblins…
As Lucius pondered this he wondered if he was on course, he stopped and began searching for the sun, which was setting low upon the horizon. He was heading too far north, so Lucius turned a little more to the right-… As he turned he thought he heard a twig snap! He instinctively turned around looking, searching for what might or might not be there. There was nothing. He looked down at his feet, there were twigs and old branches littering the forest floor but none of them were snapped, or broken. He continued on, though walking more cautiously and alert for any more sound or movements. After a few more minutes of walking, he was again lulled into a false sense of security. Lucius convinced himself that it was his imagination, and started running again. He planned to reach his destination by the next morning. As the sun sunk until it could no longer be seem, though the forest remained some what lit
He noticed a small clearing, he slowed down and started walking towards it for a good nights, when something large flung itself at him knocking Lucius to the ground, he scrambled and regained his composure quickly, and saw him staring into the eyes of a fierce looking goblin, Lucius saw that he had attempted to knife him when he dove, but had cut nothing but leather. This goblin puzzled him as they usually attack in groups, although Lucius could take him out easily he had a feeling there were more, and that his best choice would be to run to the border and warn them of an imminent goblin attack, so he ran. No sooner had he dashed than more goblins leaped out of the trees blocking him. He was surrounded!
I am XxaxX! (by the way that's spelled CAPITAL 'X' at the end AND front, and it's pronounced Zax, it is supposed to make you tremble, but seeing as my avatar is that of an un-named ranger, i think were past that point) P.S. enjoy the the free rok's.

XxaxX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Tale of Konflictus the Detached Pt. I
Day 1
Konflictus walked menacingly through the forest of east Ravens-wood, bearing his wicked scythe, the hour was growing late and Konflictus was lost (of course he didn’t know that) he walked to and fro, thinking hard about what he was doing here. He remembered seeing goblins and chasing them through the woods and now he was here. He was thinking about going home, when something stumbled out of the woods, he turned and grunted “Uurggh?” and saw 7 goblins looking at him apparently frightened, for they have had very bad experience with these overlarge warriors 2 of the goblins were holding bows with arrows cocked and ready to fire. For a few minutes Konflictus simply looked at the goblins trying to remember what these things were… then, his mind deciding he stepped towards the first goblin and raised his hand….
“Nice kitty” said Konflictus as he petted the goblin who was about to crack from fear. And he did. As Konflictus went to pat him again he stuck his blade in his hand. Like the snapping of a stick, Konflictus grab his weapon and cleaved the goblin in two, howling “Grrrrrrrrdia!!!!” immediately several large arrows flew towards him, many embedded in his thick skin a few missed, Konflictus seemed not to notice, like a rampaging rhino he charged at he goblins hacking madly, with each successful hit (and there were many) he yelled “Bad Kitty!!”, “Bad Kitty!!” Soon all the goblins were dead except two archers who remained at safe distance from the deadly scythe now coated with a thick green blood, as Konflictus advanced slowly they fled. Konflictus chased them, moving slow at first then picking momentum, he thrashed through the woods until the forest stopped, the goblins were gone.
Up in the distance the small border post east of Ravenswood could be seen and see it Konflictus did. As if nothing had happened, Konflictus face became relaxed and a weird benign smile spread across his face
“Ohh, pretty city” he muttered stupidly as he headed towards the town, completely oblivious to the many wounds covering his enormous body.

The Tale of Borador the Omniscient
Day 1
The apprentice walked throughout the halls of the wizards guild in the town of East Cheswick, looking for his spell book which he found laying in the upper floor he needed it for his expedition to the north and then to the south-east. On his way out he passed Praul Huntswell in the main hall, whom he had met on many different occasions. “Good day, Praul, what be your business here on this fine day, I’d be thinking you would be out in the wilderness” said Borador. “Yes, good morrow Borador, I am getting an enchantment here, for my armour, and I will be going out to travel today” behind Praul, Borador could see his leather armour in the enchanting light, “where are you travelling, Praul?” asked Borador “I’m heading North to the forest west of Ravenswood.” Praul answered “indeed? You know I am also going that way today, if you would wait I just need to get something at the local marketplace” said Borador.
“No thanks, I must be moving I hope to get there before nightfall” said Praul he picked up his bow and quiver of arrows and his armour out of the light, then his face lit up as he just remembered something “hey, how is that spell, the fire ball coming? I heard you were attempting to learn it”. “Not well. But I’ll get it someday, just need more training, good luck on your journey” said Borador as they left the main hall together “ and good luck to you on your spell learning” he shouted as he turned and left the city running swiftly, to the north.
Praul was a very well respected Ranger from Ravenswood, it was not his ability to fight, but his resourcefulness and headstrong dedication that made him so invaluable.
Borador head for the marketplace which was far south, the wizards guild was not much more then a tower with a main hall for visitors and a connected to the main tower through a series of outdoor stairs, it was situated far north of the foremost city of East Cheswick, a city surround by a gorgeous forest, the city was the second largest dwelling of men since the fall of the central plains to the ruthless goblins, East Cheswick and Ravenswood were the only large cities left, there were many small towns in the area but not much else.
It did not take Borador too long to get to the marketplace, he needed some healing potions and a new staff if he could find a for a decent price. In the marketplace he quickly found the vendor of healing potions for it was the busiest, as always the cost was 25 per potion, Borador got 2 which gave him a total of 4. He then started looking for new staffs, which was in the upper level, the vendor asked for 40 gold, Borador only had 27 left. “how about all my gold and my old staff?”, Borador asked “Deal!” the vendor said.
Borador now headed back to the wizards guild end entered, he climbed the stairs to the top of the tower and looked about, to the south and west the sea glittered at him, then he looked north and decided it was time to head out and scout the land. He saw the beautiful forest and tried to teleport. Borador was new at this and remembered 2 important rules about teleportation, 1 you have to have been there before or can see it now, 2 your way can’t be obstructed, for instance if a wizard was in a house and all doors and windows were closed he’d teleport straight into a wall, the rest of it was concentration, so that’s what Borador did, he closed his eyes, imagined flying out of the guild to the forest afar, felt a huge gust of wind. Borador opened his eyes and he was suddenly in the middle of the forest, a very winded and out of breath as if he had run a mile, he looked south and could just see the tip of his guild.
With the city behind him he set out north, then turned northwest after an hour or two, the sky was growing dark when Borador noticed something unusual, against the sky. Smoke. There was no civilisation here, that he knew of anyway, and he knew a lot. Borador decided to investigate.
Borador found a high cliff overlooking the shores and discovered the beach was filled with camps each sending smoke from fires, but who’s camps were they surely they were not of Rangers for they do not camp together, yet here was a hundred or so littering the beach and even creeping up the hills. Then the answer came. Goblins!!! And no sooner had he thought this than turned around and saw a goblin with a ready arrow facing him. TWANG!!
Borador managed to dodge it but in doing so he lost his footing and fell…
I am XxaxX! (by the way that's spelled CAPITAL 'X' at the end AND front, and it's pronounced Zax, it is supposed to make you tremble, but seeing as my avatar is that of an un-named ranger, i think were past that point) P.S. enjoy the the free rok's.

XxaxX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Tale of Sir Bren of Kranals Creek pt. I
Day 1 late afternoon
Sir Bren, second knight of the Guild of Valour in East Cheswick, found himself hunting a goblin party that was fleeing into the woods, heading east of East Cheswick. Bren was in hot pursuit, however after an hour he lost them, but not in vain he found a camp of goblins in the thick of the forest, he snuck up to the walls and climbed over to the other side. There, a pack of 9 of so goblins looked up, confused, then they charged on Bren, who took the first blow from a goblin and parried it admirably, the goblin quickly encircled Bren but even as they did he cut the first goblin in his way breaking the circle and running out. Then the second goblin tried to hacked his feet from under him, he jumped and parried the third goblins blow. They had encircled Bren again and the next goblin cam from behind and attempted to stab, Bren circled the goblin, dodging the blade and cut the goblin across the back, who fell to the ground twitching slightly, another goblin came from ahead, Bren decided to attack first and gave an overhead swing which the goblin blocked and using the backwards force brought his blade to Bren’s side, Bren blocked it with his large shield and stabbed the goblin in the stomach. Then two more goblins came at once, and Bren greeted them. CLANG…CLANG!!…STAB!…CLANG…STAB!!!
Once all the goblins were dead Bren walked to their loot and found 238 gold coins, which he gleefully took. He then nursed a few wounds, and proceeded to set fire to the camp, which was the worst mistake of his life.
Further east were over 500 goblin camps 5,000 goblins and 1 en-raged Goblin King and they all say the rising smoke.

The Tale of Karyl, the Enlightened pt. I
Day 1
In the north mountains she trekked, devout follower of law and justice, it was her jobs to bring the petty goblins down. South of East Cheswick she prowled, heading to the coast keeping alert, head held high, looking, sniffing for the enemy and enmity.
Alas at high noon she found a large band of goblins heading west to East Cheswick, Karyl hid swiftly, behind a large tree, there was more than 30 of them, they were talking slowly, in their gibberish-like language, Karyl slowly and silently followed them, it was very fortunate for her that some time during her training at the Warriors Guild in Ravenswood, that she’d picked up on some goblin language, she could make out small fragments of what they were saying: “So when…the…begin?” asked one of the goblins “…morrow…sunrise”
“…many…attack East…?” the goblin asked again “five…attack East…” replied the other “and…woods?”
“eleven days”
“…many…?”
“Forty….”
“where is…?”
“…south-east” then the first goblin paused
“…feel…watch?” both goblins had now stopped and were alone.
Karyl seized here chance, she slipped around them and stabbed one and slit the others throat. She was alone, not even the birds chirped.
From what she had heard, it sounded like things are in movement that cannot be undone. The goblins are going to strike somewhere east and some other woods? Which didn’t come as a surprise the entire goblin empire was east, and as for woods, there were thousands of woods in Ardania. Unless, she thought slowly, they meant East Cheswick, but that couldn’t be, that city was far from goblins. As darkness came, Karyl ran south as fast as she could to Ravenswood, to the last Sovereign of men.

End of Part I

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: