Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

ToF: Rise of the Rats
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falotar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Epilogues

Loralty and Sister Mew dealt with the Mutant Ratman by using Sister Mew's residual psychic powers to trap it in a Majesty: The Gathering trading card. They then returned to the surface, where Loralty found his Temple in ruins. Damaged by the Outhouse Stampede, the collapse of the sewers had caused a massive sinkhole to form directly beneath the Temple to Dauros.
Loralty: *sighs* I suppose that ends that. Good-bye, Forumia.
Sister Mew: *cocks her head* What do you mean, good-bye?
Loralty: Without a Guild or Inn, I have no choice but to Leave Ardania.
Sister Mew Silly. Didn't you know that we've been registered in that new Embassy?
Loralty: Embassy?

Thereafter Loralty and Sister Mew moved into the Forumnian Embassy, where they lived happily ever after ... (you forgot the wedding) Oh, excuse me. The wedding was the highlight of the Day; after, of course, Loralty explained it.

Sister Mew: *cocks her head* What's a wedding?
Loralty: *sighs* Please, dear, do not use contractions. I have had to talk to you about it before.
Sister Mew: Wedding ... ?
Loralty: You do not know?
Sister Mew: I've only been a Hero for a day. Pokemon don't have such complicated customs.
Loralty: Marriage is not just a "custom". It is a solemn pact, making two individuals one, forever united.
Sister Mew: You mean, vows of eternal love? How perfect!
Loralty: Ah, something like that.

The ceremony was held at a Temple to Krypta, Loralty wishing to avoid the scandal of marrying a Priestess in a Temple to Dauros. Alas, he only made it worse for himself.

*Headline in the Trumpet of Dauros*

HERETIC MONK MARRIES OPPOSED RELIGIOUS IN TEMPLE TO KRYPTA

Fortunately for the newlyweds, the DDN was engaged in tracking down the EDDNA and the Three Rogues and was unable to give the matter proper attention. as for the Inquisition, well, their ranks were in disarray after the disappearance of the Grand Inquisitor and the arrest of two Senior Inquisitors for oathbreaking. So, now: They lived happily ever after. Considering the chaos which regularly visits Forumnia, that is.

Lurn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lurn climbed slowly from the rubble of the pit in the sewers he had accidentally created, and made his way back to the Wizards Guild with only a few more catastrophes.

When he returned, he went into deep training for some time, coming out of it with knowledge of many more spells, and much more power. It still did not come close to Cooker's, but it was nonetheless impressive.

Unfortunately, it still wasn't any better controlled. If anything, it was worse. Chaos followed him wherever he went.

It was, of course, unintentional.

But, whatever Lurn's intentions, he became a chaotic, uncontrolled tornado of magical power, and nothing he did could stop it.

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Galen and Concus had a new quest, a quest to find their family.
(LoTR Musics starts to play in the backround.)
Galen:Do you think we'll ever see them again? Loralty and Shifty and TaleSpinner and Cooker, I mean.
Concus: We still might Galen, we still might.
Galen: Where do you think we should start looking for our family?
Concus: Where ever the next ToF guides us.
Galen: Grandpa?
Concus: Yes, Galen?
Galen: What is grandma like?
Concus: We'll save that one for another adventure. But for now, all we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us.
(LoTR music stops. Galen and Concus are seen walking into the sunset, holding hands.)

Galen: Balls!
Concus: We were having a moment, why did you have to ruin it!?

Gandalf:Here at last, on the shores of the sea comes the end of our Fellowship.

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TaleSpinner the Mildly Insane eventually remembered that he still had no guild for the past six ToF episodes and set his status to "Leaving the realm". However, a pain over his heart made him re-consider. He later found that the pain was actually caused by the metal shurikens still embedded to his Razor Harness and after numerous (and bloody) attempts to remove them, he finally gave up and headed straight to the nearest Elven Lounge.

Cooker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:30 am    Post subject: Cooker the mighty ... Reply with quote Back to top

Cooker the mighty / terminator has spent the time between episodes “hunting”, or, in the other words, lobbing gigantic, 150-200 damage power shock into monster ranks, in rapid 3 shot bursts. Even rock golems run away screaming like a little girl (like if they could). Cooker would remain this way until his new staff arrive, which would be a while, since he ordered it online.

Falotar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Embris Evershine and Eidola Flare returned to SS Headquarters empty-handed and (in Embris' case) dejected. Eidola spent her time trying to improve her Fire hammer, with the result that she was locked in one of the Heat-Resistant Holding Cells of the Headquarters. Embris, on the other hand, was more productive.

Sister Gloom: Here we are live at the headquarters of the Sunfire Society. I have with me Embris Evershine, head of the SS.
Embris: Thank you, Sister.
Sister Gloom: Would you care to comment on the recent activities of the SS?
Embris: Actually, I don't mind if I do. The SS has shifted its priorities. Before The Rise of the Ratmen, we were concentrating our efforts on infiltrating the Rogues' Guilds in hopes of acquiring some of their espionage gear. However, Cooker's recent activities have drawn our attention. *There is a loud explosion. A mushroom cloud appears in the background.* Therefore, we have moved our priority frm acquiring ASI technology to acquiring CSA technology -- if you get my meaning.
Sister Gloom: Indeed. So, does this mean that the SS will shift their focus from special ops to WMDs?
Embris:[b] Not exactly, but you could definitely say we're widening our horizons. The enemies of the SS will soon feel the "scorching" power of Helia.
[b]Sister Gloom:
And who might those enemies be?
Embris: I am not currently at liberty to divulge that information in its entirety. However, I would be happy to point out that there is a renewed interest in Blessings to the Phoenix within the SS. Several of our agents are currently following up leads that will, if all goes well, severely ... cripple the operations of the Three Rogues.
Sister Gloom: I see. Thank you for your time, Embris. This has been Sister Gloom, reporting for CCN Ardania.

Falotar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Owner of the Soft Voice meanwhile remained in the Sewers, plotting his revenge.*
Soft Voice: They'll regret this eventually. Once my body is refurbished ... *turns and glares at the camera.* Do you mind? I would like some privacy.
Sorry. *Cut scene.*

Shifty Coindrop

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shifty Coindrop,Ytfihs Pordnioc, and Cherik of Keldurn eventually convinced the Sovereign to rebuild the Level 2 Rogues's Guild. That wasn't quite easy as it should have been given that they were hiding from the DDN in the meantime, but our three criminal heroes managed to pull it off. Ardania Subterfuge International also provided them with their latest in security doors and walk-in safe for free rather than pony up the guarantee claim, which would have been quite a [Bleep]-ing amount of Gold.

Once the office so to speak was re-built however, it was business more than usual. With the deal they drew up with Rattensford and Cucarouche, their shipments of Crazy Beer, Elfweed and just about anything of questionable legality including the Rogue's Guild Locker Room Series were almost but not quite untouchable by the law. Of course this coincided with an "inexplicable" reduction in the rate of Ratmen raids within Forumia... and an inversely explosive incidence of Giant Rats:

----------

(At the Palace)

Ven: Majesty, the Veteran and Palace Guards have reported that it has been several weeks since any reported sightings of Ratmen.
Loud Voice #1: Fan (Bleep)-ing-tastic! I AM A GENIUS!!
Ven: While the incursions of Ratmen have gone down Sovereign, I would like add that the infestation of Giant Rats have significantly increased.
Loud Voice #1: Oh boo (bleep)-ing hoo! That'll just mean the brand new (bleep)s get some meat to level up on.
Ven: I would also like to point out to Your Majesty that these strange events seem to coincide with the reconstruction of the Rogue's Guild *and* their brand new venture in Pest Control Service.

(Downtown Forumia, in a House.)

Female Peasant #22334: EEEEPPP!! THEY'RE SWARMING THE PANTRY AND KITCHEN!! KILL THEM!!
Male Peasant #12546: Calm down dear... these... these... professionals can handle it. Right?
Shifty: Not to worry Sir. Once we estimate the infestation and figure out how much it'll require then we can take care of the little rodent problem.
Ytfihs: Alrigh' Cherik, how bad is it in there?
Cherik: This... this is absolutely horrendous. I have never seen an infestation this massive! Take a look Sirs and Ma'am!

(The kitchen and pantry is a mess full of eaten food, knocked over dishes and silverware, rat droppings the size of those bouncy Superballs. And worst of all... Giants Rats in orderly row and columns doing the dreaded Hampster Dance, complete with the obnoxious "music" which accompanies such a horrific sight. Peasant # 22334 lets out a bloodcurdling scream and passes out into #12546's arms.)

Shifty: Oh dear, a Hampster Dance. This is going to take some serious dirty work here.
Peasant #12546: How much are we talking?
Cherik: Estimating the average time it takes to clear out a rodent dancing line... I would say somewhere in the neighborhood of... 200 Gold.
Peasant #12546: That's extortion!!
Ytfihs: No, Extortion is next week. The Sovereign gave us early notice.
Peasant #12546: BASTARD!! That (bleep) (bleep) (bleep) (bleep)-ing slavedriver!!
Shifty: Tell you what, since you're going to have pony up for the upcoming Extortion anyways, we'll only charge you... 100.
Peasant #12546: All right all right!! Just get rid of those things! (Hands over the Gold)
Shifty: Gentlemen, let the extermination begin.

(The Rogues put on gas masks and walk into the rat-infested kitchen and slam the door shut. Both Peasants cringe as they hear shoutings, squealings, objects breaking, crossbows shooting, and sprays hissing. Of course all that happened, but what they couldn't see was a secret hatch in the floor open up as a Ratman herded the little bastards in. The hatch closes and the Rogues open the kitchen door.)

Shifty: The problem's been taken care of. Thank you for your patronage of the Rogue's Guild Ratbusters.

(The Rogues walk away leaving the Peasants to stare in disbelief at the No Man's Land that used to be their kitchen.)

----------

The average Forumian of course had no idea that the epidemic of Giant Rats were more than just a coincidence or an aftermath of the Broken Sewer Main outbursts. All that coin was raining, and even the Sovereign had this strange curiosity come over him a few times. Still, the partnership was raking in gold after gold after gold and they held a little celebration afterwards. Funny how profit relaxes people at inpportune times:

----------

(Inside the I Know Nothing Lounge built on the former site of the Open Doors, Closed Curtain that had been demolished in the DDN/Inquisition raid. The Rogues as well as Rattensford and Cucarouche have the place rented out for the evening and are partying like there's no tomorrow. Crates and casks surround them along with the thick stench of Crazy Beer and Elfweed. Dancing girls are also going all out.)

Cucarouche: (Laying back on pillows, smoking a row of Elfweed joints and holding a large mug of Crazy Beer) Ah yah, dis is de life mon. No moore need ta scurry outta de sewer and risk life and limb for some meezly coins.
Rattensford: (Sitting well away from Cucarouche the Ratman Chimney and holding his own mug of Crazy Beer) Always thinking of Elfweed, Comrade. Bah. Anyways, this partnership has been extremely beneficial and even a portion of our take has all ready dramatically increased the standards of living amongst the Sewerist Republic.
Cherik: Oh? Do tell.
Rattensford: We have been able to purchase better educational materials and facilities for our Ratlings, not to mention manage to effect better housings for our Comrades.
Shifty: And in becoming a better nation, they become better customers and valuable coworkers.
Cucarouche: (Puffs all ten joints) Ooo yah. Dem tapes are goin' like... like...
Rattensford: Like Elfweed in your vicinity.
Cucarouche: Troo, dat!
Ytfihs: Here's to more gold. (Lifts mug)
The Rest: To More Gold!

(Before they could toast however, the I Know Nothing Lounge is shaken severely and ceiling plaster flakes down as if something hit it. The dancers stop shimmying and start fleeing.)

Elfmaid Dancer: (Sighs) Heere we go again...
Shifty: What the (bleep) was that?
Lounge Bartender: (Peering out a window) It looks like the weatherman was a bit off. Raining alrigh' but looks like Fire Hammers to me.
Ytfihs: Fire Hammers!?
Cucarouche: Oh mon, dis ain't good.
Rattensford: Solarii!
Shifty: How much would you like to bet it's the Sunfire Society?

(The Lounge shakes again as another Fire Hammer hits directly. In fact it punches through the roof and barely misses them before cratering the floor nearby.)

Cherik: I would say that confirms it Sirs.
Shifty: All right, who told we were here?
Rattensford: Don't look at us. As Ratmen and distributors of the tapes they want us just as dead.
Cucarouche: (Get up and walks over to the crater, using the Fire Hammer to light more joints) Mon, dey really dat pissed about Blesseengs to Da Feenix?

(Outside, the Sunfire Solarii are positioned outside the I Know Nothing Lounge, using some obviously Cookeresque device to launch Fire Hammers with increased distance and effectiveness.)

Embris: HA! WE'VE GOT THEM PINNED DOWN!! FIRE WHEN READY!!
Eidola: This is like playing Space Invaders!
Embris: (Muttering) Takes one to know one... (But she yanks on a cord as a launcher near the two of them sending off another high-powered Fire Hammer streaking.) SOFTEN THEM UP SOME MORE, THEN LET THE SPECIAL FORCES MOVE IN!!

(Back inside the Lounge)

Shifty: Oh well, at least it can't get any worse-

(The blue door bursts again, sending wood pieces here and there. Waiting just outside is once more the DDN. Eleanor, Clarina, Kayt and the three apprentices among them.)

Rogues and Rats: (BLEEEEEEEEP)!!!
Eleanor: Well well, vermin congregating amongst filthy contraband...
Clarina: (Writing on her notepad) "DDN and SS conduct joint raid on Rogues and Ratmen conspiring to traffic controlled substances in Lounge..."
Cucarouche: Oh weer don for...
Eleanor: Quite. But as much as I would love to do this all myself, you are all a graduation exercise.
Ytfihs: Graduation exercise!?
Kayt: Yes. These three have earned their names and now they will proclaim so that criminal scum like you will learn to fear them.

(Each Apprentice steps forward one at a time, proclaiming their name.)

Apprentice #1: Annette the Keen!
Apprentice #2: Edwina, Fist of Dauros!
Apprentice #3: Justine the Stalwart!
Kayt: Since you three work well as a team, I have formed these girls as a counterstrike force.

(The Rogues and Ratmen gulp)

Elearnor: Before the graduation commences, remember your line...
All three Paladins: DIEEEEEEEEE PERVERTS!!

(The scene cuts to the outside, with the Lounge shaking and tumbling even amidst the Fire Hammer barrage as screams and sounds of broken objects fill the air.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: