Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Fairgrounds... 1 or 3?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord_Duriel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Fairgrounds... 1 or 3? Reply with quote Back to top

Is there any advantage to building 3 Fairgrounds, one for each type of contest, over having just the one Fairgrounds with Combo Contest? Do heroes gain levels faster in a Combo Contest? Thanks

Alfryd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Each fairgrounds can only support up to 8 heroes at a time, so there is a certain advantage in building more. That said, you get a significant cash generation bonus if more than 4 heroes are present, so it may be financially useful to pack them in. I don't really know what the effect of holding different tournaments is, but going by observation it seems that heroes of a matching combat type are more likely to visit. I havent noticed differences in expeirence gains.
Under most circumstances, 1 fairgrounds is plenty. 2 is if your heroes have lots of spare time and you have several guilds. 3 is only for ant-farming.

Lord_Duriel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I have 3 right now, and it seems that the Magical Contest is the busiest, as any hero who has at least one spell can compete. I haven't noticed any real difference yet... though maybe my Wizards are winning more often. Maybe that's a good way to level your Wizards, build a magic fairground?

What's ant farming?

Gaspod

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is there anyway to get a monk in the fairgrounds or are the programmed not to go there?

Lord_Duriel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have no idea, but I'm beginning to think Monks are useless. I have a game going right now, Huge size, day 105, got my Monks all very early on, and they're still all lvl 4. I think they're too slow, by the time they cast their spells and start attacking a creature, another hero has already killed it.

M

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If they can't get near a creature before someone kills it, well, you don't even need them! Don't get super-poweful fast heroes if you don't want to win!

Alfryd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Monks are programmed never to visit marketplaces, fairgrounds or vice structures, and they can't use the blacksmith, wizards' or rogues' guild. I imagine it's to do with their vow of silence. Healers don't visit vice structures either, and they're very unlikely to visit the fairgrounds.

Monks are a trade off. They are slow and quite timid at lower levels. But just get them to level seven and they're effectively indestructable, with 7% odds of instant kill. Vigilance is something you can use to get them on the scene quickly, with a little bonus to stats, and the atatck rate increase helps them level faster and complements their critical strike ability later. High-level monks and dwarves are the only character classes that can polish off high-level wizards.

M

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alfryd wrote:
High-level monks and dwarves are the only character classes that can polish off high-level wizards.

You don't use Adepts enough. Wink

Zonk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alfryd wrote:
Monks are programmed never to visit marketplaces, fairgrounds or vice structures, and they can't use the blacksmith, wizards' or rogues' guild. I imagine it's to do with their vow of silence. Healers don't visit vice structures either, and they're very unlikely to visit the fairgrounds.

Monks are a trade off. They are slow and quite timid at lower levels. But just get them to level seven and they're effectively indestructable, with 7% odds of instant kill. Vigilance is something you can use to get them on the scene quickly, with a little bonus to stats, and the atatck rate increase helps them level faster and complements their critical strike ability later. High-level monks and dwarves are the only character classes that can polish off high-level wizards.

I think they don't visit the places because they are shunning technologies and whatnot. I don't see how anyone can think Monks are useless, they're one of my favorite heroes. Monks, Dwarves, and Priestesses: the very best.

wavefront

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To get back to the original question:

The type of contest will determine who has the advantage to win (and thus who gets the most Experience points and gold).

Melee - Hand to Hand
Range - Ranged attack
Magic - Intelligence

The combo has 3 different rounds (one each of Melee, Ranged, and Magic).

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Back away from the topic, place the Dauros temple in harm's way and/or near Daemonwoods if applicable. I find they love to go after them Smile

Alfryd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Most heroes berserk if they see a monster immediately after leaving their guild.

@wavefront
Thanks for clearing up the contest issue.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: