Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer II: War with the Rats
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:05 am    Post subject: The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer II: War with the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

Verminadra

I have sent the main army on ahead, retaining only a few Shamanesses to aid me in my preparations.
With their knowledge of ritual, I have refurbished the Temple of Dauros to suit my needs. Now the insides are hung with red and black-purple drapings, and the candles around the altar glow green. I begin my spell.
The candles flare brighter as I chant, the green flames growing nearly as long as the tapers. Energy begins to crackle above the altar. Sickly light leaps from the candles, forming into a swirling spiral of power. This resolves presently into a great doorway, suspended above the altar.
"Grum-Gog!" I cry now. Having finished the spell proper, I need only convince the demigod to come through. "Lord of Sickness! Hear my call!" Within the green depths of the portal, I see a dark form take shape.
"Who summons the Lord of Pestilence from his prison?" comes the gurgling response.
"It is I, Verminadra, Shaman of the Ratmen."
"What do you want of me, Ratman?"
"I have a bargain to strike. In exchange for freeing you from your prison and releasing into the mortal world, you will support me and mine in our conquest of Ardania."
"I have always supported the Goblins."
"Who have failed you time and again. But Ardania is nearly within my grasp as it is. I need only a little more help - and you, great one, are more than enough to cover the deficit."
"You dare to speak thus to a god?"
"Pardon pray, great one. I am not used to holding converse with one such as yourself. But again I ask your aid in my end. As I said, I can offer you what the Goblins never did or could: the conquest of Ardania and the power therewith to secure vengeance against your younger siblings. Furthermore, I offer you what no-one ever has: complete freedom to walk the mortal world and accomplish your will through your own powers instead of through foolish priests and shamans. Also," I add, looking down at my white, wrinkled and disgustingly hairless body, "I have been touched by you since birth. I think we can understand each other."
"Very well. I will help you, Rat . . . for now." The dark form moves forward, and now emerges from the portal. Grum-Gog has assumed the shape of a withered Goblin Priest, whether to mock me or show me that he does not fully trust me I do not know. But I will learn in time, for we understand each other perfectly.
"At last," he breathes, sending his plague-ridden breath through the deserted halls of the Temple, "I am free!"

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer II: War with the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

?????

Good Grum-Grog! I hadn't expected this! What a bonus. Hahahaha. Grum-grog has been released, Ardyn has used Grum-grog's power to spred a plauge to the oncoming rat army, and the army is about to go into the city of which the heros I want dead are in. Just yesterday the Spirit of "Justice" told me to withdraw... I have considered it. I will withdraw untill a certain time! Good bye!

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer II: War with the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

Venstar Trailblazer

I looked for a good five minutes before I found the two in the practice area. "There you are!" I shouted at my two friends. "Yes... what do you want?" asked the Wizard. Quickly, I informed him of last nights disaster. "Good heavens! Why didn't you say so earlier!?" the Wizard shouted in amazment. "It gets worse, the Rat army is about to march into Valmorgen!" I said. The Wizard jumped back in horror. "They musn't win. I dout they could, anyways. This is Valmorgen, City of Heros, we're talking about here." the Wizard replied. "Well will you fight?" I asked. "If the battle is not over by the time I have come, I will try to fight. Even better, I will bring good old Stormwind with me!" yelled the Wizard.

By the time I had arrived back in the city, the battle was about to comence. "What did he say?" it was Soria. "He will be here." I replied. "Venstar! The Rats have been plauged, I can sense it." Dalaer roared. "Good, I thought it was just meeeeeeeeeee!" Arimah could barly finish her sentence, before we were attacked. "Men, mound you stations" yelled the head veteran gaurd. Right before we could retaliate to the Vermin, I heard some rouges ask eachother ask where Kriven LootGraber was. I almost laughed and cried at the same time, hearing of good old Kriven once again.

Looking up, I could see that the fighting had already begun.

M

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:37 pm    Post subject: The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer II: War with the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

Ardyn

It was done. The barrier was set. No evil magic could peirce Valmorgen.

I sent my image to the people of Valmorgen. I warned them not to leave the city. I told them of my barrier.

Suddenly, a presence filled the ether. It was the power of Grum-Gog, the lord of pestilence. He didn't realise my presence. I had access to all the power of Grum-Gog!

I could discharge it, of course. But I had better things to do with it. In one motion, before he noticed me, I wasted all of his power on spreading a plague throughout the ratman army. A devastating blow, to be sure. Not only had I deprived a god of his power single-handedly, I had also weakened the entire ratman army. My barrier would even stop the plague from entering Valmorgen.

Unfortunately, there wasn't much time left. I prepared myself for the onslaught. I armed myself with as much power as I could carry. I prepared an attack of my own. I formed an invincible shield around myself. And I was ready.

[ 12. August 2003, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: MMMMM ]

M

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:57 am    Post subject: The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer II: War with the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

The Sovereign

You haven't been hearing from me recently because I have been operating my plans in secret. I have done the amazing deed of making the Elves, Dwarves , Gnomes and all the Temples to agree with each other! (at least temporarily.) This is excellent! I have Gnomes to fix my Ballista Towers, and enough Elven money to replace the towers when they die! I have the storage of gold to pay the Wizards to rain lightning down on our attackers!

I zoomed in My Crown on the beginning battle. Fortunately, most of the heroes were within Ardyn's so-called Magic Barrier. It didn't block our magic, however. I cast Blessing on a Barbarian that was backed up by the firepower of a Priestess. The seperate Temples' heroes didn't always get along, however. An Adept was arguing with a Solarus. I cast Invisibility on them to stop their argument.

I saw that even with my nearly full treasury, I couldn't Lightning all the ratmen to death. I did cast Lightning Storm when I could kill twenty or more ratmen at once. However, even 100 gold to kill one ratman couldn't destroy the whole army.

M

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:32 am    Post subject: The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer II: War with the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

Ardyn

I must do something. It will take a great effort for even Valmorgen's mighty heroes to defeat an army of 30,000 ratmen.

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer II: War with the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

Venstar Trailblazer

The rats rushed us, with great might. We fought back, also with great might. It was as if each side was as strang as the other.
"How much more do you think we can take?" I shouted over to Dalaer. "Well, it looks like they've decreased a bit in number. I'd say they are about 25,000 vermin strong." Dalaer replied. "Great! Just great." Arimah yelled over the sound of both men and rats dying.
I decided to rush forward. Picking a few arrows our of my pack, I started firing like a wild man. We have been in this possition before. That was two years ago. The mind is a little rusty, but I still remeber how to do this.
I looked behind me, just to see where the gang was. Just as the vermin started picking up momentom again, I shouted back "Charge! Charge! Chaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggggge!"

Falotar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 2:05 am    Post subject: The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer II: War with the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

Verminadra
"This is going better than I could have planned." I am looking out over the battlefield that is the city of Valmorgen - City of Heroes it has been called! But now its time has come to an end. I have suspended myself high above the field, as is proper, for mine has always been a lonely destiny.
"My power!" It is Grum-Gog, roaring far below. As he is not levitating with me, and even his voice can not carry so high, I feel that I hear not with my ears but through the bond that connects summoner and summoned.
Calm yourself, I make mental reply. You are a demi-god, and your powers over the Winds will soon return. And I know who is behind this. It is that meddling fool Ardyn. He does not know what he is doing! Even the simplest human Peasants know that we Ratmen can carry the plague, but we do not suffer from it! Even now the infection is spreading to his troops - and is pathetic barrier cannot stop it, for it is biological now, not magical!
"Still," replied Grum-Gog's voice, "it is disquieting. I must be on my guard, lest he try any more tricks."
Do not worry about him. The trickster has played his last prank. I close my eyes, and project my soul from my body, which I leave suspended in the sky above Valmorgen. Then I enter into the Ether Winds myself.
Ah! How they tear at me! I must be cautious, lest they rip my very spirit asunder. But, now, Ardyn, it has come down to the last round. and this time, i will spare you nothing!

M

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 4:55 am    Post subject: The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer II: War with the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

Ardyn

While considering what to do next, I saw Verminadra appear. It struck me as amazing how quietly he could appear here, given ho much power he could call upon. Call upon, that was it; He was trained call power, but not to use it directly. I put up a shield.
"I knew you would come. You can do no good here. However, I can offer you a bargain: Go back and lead your vermin army, and I will trouble you no more."
"Foolish trickster! Do you think I would ever take your word for that?"

Given such a reply, I knew that Verminadra would never trust me. I had meant what I said, but no power of any kind would convince Verminadra of that.

The Sovereign

A panting Hero ran into the throne room and gasped "Grum-gog's coming!"
"What can we do about that?!" I asked
"No idea," he replied, "but if--"
I interrupted. "We can call on a deity of our own!"

[ 12. October 2003, 05:56 AM: Message edited by: MMMMM ]

Falotar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:26 am    Post subject: The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer II: War with the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

Dalaer

The Ratmen pressed in, wave upon wave. For every one that was felled, a dozen more came up. They had demolished the gats of the city, scattering the Guards like leaves. Now, they filled half the city, and the air was filled with the death-cries of Heroes.
I had long since spent all my arrows, as had Venstar. As fortune would have it, we had been pushed back to very Innyard where first we met in Valmorgen. There, we and Arimah who was with us could hold the vermin back for a while, at least until the walls gave way under their crushing weight.
Venstar panted as he thrust with his shortsword, skewering two Ratmen - they were that close together. Arimah blocked the jab of a gleaming halberd, and kicked, crushing the jaw of the Champion who was commanding the group. The other Rats fell back a foot or so, disconcerted by this slaying of one of their leaders.
"They are hesitating," said Venstar. 'Let's rest while we can."
"It will not be long," I predicted. "They have the scent of blood, and they know we are weary. even if another Champion does not appear, they will attack soon."
"You're right," said Venstar. "I wish that Soira was here."
"That monster!" Arimah wrinkled her nose. I laughed quietly.
"Arimah's right about her, for once. Our winged friend might very well be capable of slaying all the vermin, but in her bloodlust she would rip us apart too." Us, I had said, though I was confident that my music could calm her enough to save me, if not my friends. What did it matter, though, for she was not there. But, with that thought, the memory came into my mind of my lute.
"Hold them," I said suddenly to Venstar. "I must go inside and get something." I sheathed my knife and dashed into the Inn, taking the stairs two at a time to get to my room. I ran out, and carefully withdrew my instrument from its case. A strummed a few preliminary notes, then called out, "You had better cover your ears!"
Venstar and Arimah, engaged in combat, did fall back from the Innyard gate which they were defending, slamming it shut and bracing it with their bodies. The Ratmen, enraged, began hammering and chopping it.
I began the song proper. My lute released a calming sound, my voice floating above it. The pounding slowed, and then ceased just as the gate gave way. The Ratmen in the street had all fallen asleep. I finished the song, and then stopped.

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Venstar Trailblazer

Seeing the Rats falling asleep in the streets gave me an idea. "While they sleep, why not stab them to death?" "Doesn't that seem a little unfair?" Dalaer said. "Ofcourse it is!" I shouted, running into the streets, stabbing the Rats. Dalaer and Arimah walked out of the building. "Now that these mean are dead, more will come this way." as Dalaer finished saying this, his prodiction came true, more and more Rats came pouring into the street. I drew my daggers and prepared for the end. Looking to the side, I saw that Dalaer had withdrawn his enchanted blade. "Where did you get that dagger anyways?" I asked him. That is a story for another day." he replied. "It doesn't look like there is going to be another day for us." I said, as the Horde of Rats charged us. I slashed, parried, and stabbed at the oncoming army.
As my arms began to tire, I came to finally believe that the end ws near. Just before all ounces of hope were lost from my body, I heard chanting from behind me. "Venstar! Get down!" Arimah shouted from beside me. I dropped to the ground just in time to see the fire go over my head into the oncoming Rats. I turned around and relized that Stormwind's Master had arrived. "Sorry, but Stormwind could not make it here!" he shouted.
"That's fine, just as long as we have your help." I shouted back. "It looks as if he can hold off the Rats here. We would just be in the way. Let's get out on here." Dalaer urged. I nodded and the three of us rolled out of the area to help a group of other heroes.

Gandalf:Here at last, on the shores of the sea comes the end of our Fellowship.

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Venstar Trailblazer

We ran into a small group of gaurds near the gate. "If we hold the gate and cut off the flow of Rats, maybe, just maybe, we can win this battle!" I shouted to my companions. They nodded in agreement. I picked up a few arrows out of Rats that had fallen in battle and put them to good use, firing them at oncoming Army. Dalaer refused to pick his supplies off of the dead and ran to help the gaurds. Within minutes we had stopped half of the flow of Rats. By doing this, more heroes had less Rats to deal with making them free to help our effert.
Just before we had closed the gate with men completely, I could see Ratapaults heading our way in the distance. "Everybody look out!" I screamed. Few took notice, about ten of the twentyfive men at the the gate listened, including Dalaerr and Arimah. Just as the ten stepped back, flaming balls from the Ratapults crashed into the gate's supportes, destroying them. The Gate crashed very quickly, killing all but to of the men that didn't retreat when told to.
"Venstar! Go and help all the other heroes with their Rats. Then tell them to rally at the gate." Dalaer shouted over to me. "Right away! Great Idea!" I shouted back.
I ran towards the nearest hero, which turned out to be one of the rouges that had talked about Kriven earlier. The Rat did not notice me yet, so I snuck up from behind and stabbed it in the back. Following the death of the Rat, I instructed the rouge what to do, he nodded and ran off to the gate. I looked around to see how many more heroes there were. There were a little over fifty left that I could see. Noticing this would take awhile, I shouted "Let us make for the the gate and stop them from making it in!" Only about fifteen responded by running to the remains of the gate, after killing the rat they were fighting with ofcourse.
Still a good thirtyfive to go, I thought to myself, running to the next hero.

Gandalf:Here at last, on the shores of the sea comes the end of our Fellowship.

Falotar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Verminadra

<font color=red>"Fool!"</font> What does he think he's doing? Such a puny shield will not stop me! <font color=red>"If that is the best you can do - !"</font> The magic gathers around me as I call. Now I form it -- but, what is this? It does not resond! Now the Winds are blowing, scattering the energy I had collected. The human laughed quietly.
I fix my eyes on him -- no, my soul, for in the Ether Winds I have no physical eyes. He staggers back now, as if my gaze had power to hurt him ... could it? I would like to test this further, but the swine is himself collecting the Winds, and the force he unleashes drives me backward.
It is no use. He is in his element, I cannot fight him here. If only there was some way to draw him out ... again, he attacks! Snarling, I depart the ethereal storm, returning to my body. I shall meditate upon this riddle. There must be some way, and I shall find it, if I have to destroy the world!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: