Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Chalice Quest + Cyberlore cheated us out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tao

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2000 1:07 pm    Post subject: Chalice Quest + Cyberlore cheated us out Reply with quote Back to top

We decided to make the timed quests end on the beginning of the day in question because you actually start out on Day 0. So the end of Day 29 is actually the 30th day of game play. I hope that explains it and yes it's a little misleading. Glad you like our game though. We're very proud of our accomplishments but still on pins and needles over what the "fans" will think.

------------------
Tao, playtester
Cyberlore Studios

Truxurt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2000 3:41 pm    Post subject: Chalice Quest + Cyberlore cheated us out Reply with quote Back to top

Ooops. In that case I'm sorry for calling you guys cheaters. I guess it would make more sense without day 0, but that's not that crucial. I wonder how about the fact that I wasn't able to build any other marketplaces.
Is that intentional? And if yes it would be nice to have it in the brefing. But this are insiginifcant things. You are right. I do like what you guys did. I'll give you feedback on other quests, once I complete them.

Truxurt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2000 12:37 am    Post subject: Chalice Quest + Cyberlore cheated us out Reply with quote Back to top

Last Night I completed Chalice quest, but barely... It was a little tough for me to build enough guilds in given time to explore the map and than beat down the hunter. I did it probably in final second (it was a long day 29) Which made me realize than on all quest which have a time limit we actually have one day less than the description suggests (i.e. in this quest we have only 29 days to complete it, if we had really 30 we had the whole 30th day included). Other than that I wasn't able to build more than one marketplace during that quest. During other quest we are informed what limitations are in place.
What helped me to solve that one was Rogue's greed. They went after expore flags like crazy. They have explored more map than Rangers. In the final battle paladins did really well. They worked as a team. 3 of them took out the Hunter, and than helped destroy the keep and get the Chalice. Funny thing was that as paladins immidiately after destroying keep went after the artifact. On my previous try, other heroes were not that interested and my explore flag right next to it came a little too late...
But I guess you guys didn't have a problem with this quest at all...

Chef

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2000 8:40 pm    Post subject: Chalice Quest + Cyberlore cheated us out Reply with quote Back to top

I finished this one in 18 days Maybe luck of the draw. I Used the gnomes to help speed up the production of buildings. Once I had a good economy going I just built guilds and made use of the fairgrounds etc...

I will have to try again, Maybe I was just lucky...

I try to put some reward flags on monsters as it tends to get the heros fighting them even if you only put a 100 gold on...then at least the heros start building some cash to spend at various shops and guilds.

once you get heros spending in buildings cash roles in

------------------
----------------
'Playing games for over 20 Years'

Harry "Chef" Jacobs

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Asterisk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2000 11:16 am    Post subject: Chalice Quest + Cyberlore cheated us out Reply with quote Back to top

I had problems here because only the occasional Ranger or Rogue would go after the Chalice Tower, then they'd either run away from the hunter or die in one hit.

So I built a Wizard's Guild by the tower and started lightning bolting it.

But by then six paladins had come up so it probably wasn't necessary. They retreived the chalice, then I kept playing so they could kill the hunter.

------------------
Coalition of Kender Inclusion

Got Kender?

And that's it. I'm going back to the lounge.</twisted quote>

Sluggy Freelance

Mylar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2000 12:53 am    Post subject: Chalice Quest + Cyberlore cheated us out Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, i beat this one real quick, i sent a ranger out to find the paladins, built a mage guild near the hunter and kept him petrified while my pretty free paladins chopped him up.

rsk23

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 5:23 pm    Post subject: Chalice Quest + Cyberlore cheated us out Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, so this is the one with Rrongol the Hunter. I remember how I dealt with him: I built a Ballista tower a safe distance away, then another one a little bit closer, then another one....

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:42 am    Post subject: Chalice Quest + Cyberlore cheated us out Reply with quote Back to top

Or you could just watch the hero fighting Rrongol and continually heal him when he needs it

M

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: Chalice Quest + Cyberlore cheated us out Reply with quote Back to top

My best strategy in Quest for the Holy Chalice was:

1. Build a warriors guild(don't do anything until this is finished. I want it right away.)
2. Start to recruit 4 paladins and build a Marketplace(upgrade this in your spare tiMe)
3. As soon as the paladins are done recruiting, upgrade the palace.
4. As soon as the Palace is done upgrading and you have enough Money, kill Dauros teMple and build Krypta teMple. (fill it up)
5. To explore the Map, I used Explore flags, around 3-500 gold.6. Build a teMple to Fervus. Get another warriors guild in the Middle of the Map, and fill it with WoDs.
Then search the Map as hard as you can for the Chalice Site. When you find it, bounty it for about 2500 gold.

To fight Rrongol, either
1. All heroes flee. If this happens, bounty hiM for around 5000 gold. This will kill hiM with the sheer quantity of heroes.
2. 1 or 2 heroes fight hiM. In this case, use Fervus Healing or keep Rrongol in Vines so that the heroes don't get killed (vines only if you're rich!)
In any case, you should keep hiM Withered at all tiMes. After Rrongol is dead, the heroes will smash the chalice site into little pieces!!! Then you will be VICTORIOUS!

jas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I start by recruiting two monks to keep the monsters at bay - keep them active at the start, since monks like to frequent inns while the less experienced. Then I build up my marketplace as quickly as possible to level 3, so the gold starts pouring in. I also build a blacksmith and rangers and warriors guilds. When I have enough gold, I protect the trading posts. Once I've added two or three paladins, THEN I'll upgrade the palace. I always put a dwarven settlement near the marketplace to keep the trools and ratmen under control. Once the chalice is located, i'll flag Rrongol, although the higher experienced paladins attack him in a horde. As the paladins are taking care of Rrongol, I flag the chalice and the dwarves, rougues and rangers go after the chalice. Depending upon how quickly the chalice is discovered, it usually takes between 17 and 19 days to complete the quest. This and Dark forest are my two favorite quests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: