Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

The Northern Expansion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> The Northern Expansion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Your Majesty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: The Northern Expansion Reply with quote Back to top

I've played the original many times, but never the expansion. I think I may pick it up this weekend to give it a whirl.

How does it compare to that of the original game?

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 6:37 am    Post subject: The Northern Expansion Reply with quote Back to top

It gives it a different flavor since some heros gain some abilities/spells and there's new buildings available. I tend to play it more than the original (Even when playing the original since houses are taken off the repair queue automatically in MajX).

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 9:43 am    Post subject: The Northern Expansion Reply with quote Back to top

Your Majesty,

I hope you can find it but you may need to settle for the Gold Edition which includes both games. The disadvantages of the Gold Edition are that the two downloadable quests do not work with it and it has freezing problems caused by incompatibility with the MP3 files on some systems. I don't think the Northern Expansion is published by itself any more so you may need to get lucky and find it gathering dust in some bargain barrel.

If I had to compare the Northern Expansion to the Original in one sentence I would say.....Majesty: The Northern Expansion is Majesty the Fantasy Kingdom Sim on steroids.

To add a little more detail to that.... In addition to new buildings, spells and hero abilities The Northern Expansion includes 12 new Quests. In my opinion, the new quests' difficulty start at the level of a Majesty expert and increase with difficulty.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Your Majesty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 11:25 pm    Post subject: The Northern Expansion Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Goldy, much appreciated!

Your Majesty

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 1:16 am    Post subject: The Northern Expansion Reply with quote Back to top

Goldy, you'll never beleive this, I found the NE tonight at one of my local software retailers. And for only $10.

So I'm off to play Majesty again, and will follow up with the expansion!

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 3:32 am    Post subject: The Northern Expansion Reply with quote Back to top

Your Majesty,

There is no way you could have found a better way to spend $10. That $10 should give you hours, weeks, even months of enjoyment.

P.S. I am looking forward to you posting your walk throughs in my Walk-Thru thread over in the Quest, Tips & Tricks section.

[ 01. May 2003, 04:34 AM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Your Majesty

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 11:10 pm    Post subject: The Northern Expansion Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure I'll be using those to get through some of the advance quests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> The Northern Expansion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: