Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

RISK IN STORES NOW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Cyberlore News and Information Service
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay Adan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject: RISK IN STORES NOW Reply with quote Back to top

(or very shortly)

Dominate the World with Atari's Risk: Global Domination; Play Risk Online to Battle Friends and Foes Anytime or Anywhere

BEVERLY, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--11/04/2003--Atari, under license from Hasbro, Inc., leads the charge as Risk(R): Global Domination makes its debut on PlayStation(R) 2 computer entertainment system. Shipping to retail outlets nationwide today, Risk: Global Domination provides a truly unique way to play the RISK game with online play for up to six players.

Using the same hands-on military planning found in the original RISK board game, players now see battles come to life. With Risk: Global Domination, players can engage in arduous online battles with friends or challenge foes from around the world. The game features gameplay for up to six players in Multiplayer mode and online, with eleven AI opponents, representing historic military leaders. Each historic military leader is equipped with subtle personality, voice and playing styles.

There are three play modes in the game - Classic Risk, Secret Mission Risk and Capital Risk. In Classic Risk, players are battling to conquer the world. To win, players must use strategic planning to launch daring attacks, defend themselves on all fronts and sweep across continents with boldness and cunning. Victory is achieved when a single player occupies every territory on the map. The Secret Mission Risk game is a generally shorter game variant of the Classic RISK game. Each player is assigned a unique mission, as defined by his or her Mission card. The first player to complete all of his or her mission objectives achieves immediate victory. The Capital RISK game is also a shorter game variant of the Classic RISK game. Each player places armies and then chooses a territory to become his or her capital. The player who takes control of all the capitals on the map wins.

"Risk: Global Domination is built on a proven brand of strategy and luck for a highly competitive experience," said Nancy MacIntyre, vice president of marketing for Atari. "Now with the ability to play Risk anytime, anywhere or with anyone, the game provides the ultimate social experience with as many as six players battling for global dominance at once."

Every Risk: Global Domination battle brings the chance for victory, as well as advice from historic military leaders as they earn medals and special bonus content for strategic accomplishments. Developed by Cyberlore Studios, Risk: Global Domination is available at retail outlets for a suggested retail price of $29.95. For more information, please visit http://www.atari.com.

About Hasbro

Hasbro (NYSE:HAS) is a worldwide leader in children's and family leisure time entertainment products and services, including the design, manufacture and marketing of games and toys ranging from traditional to high-tech. Both internationally and in the U.S., its PLAYSKOOL, TONKA, MILTON BRADLEY, PARKER BROTHERS, TIGER, and WIZARDS OF THE COAST brands and products provide the highest quality and most recognizable play experiences in the world.

About Atari

New York-based Atari, Inc. (Nasdaq:ATAR) develops interactive games for all platforms and is one of the largest third-party publishers of interactive entertainment software in the U.S. The Company's 1,000+ titles include hard-core, genre-defining games such as Driver(TM), Enter the Matrix(TM), Neverwinter Nights(TM), Stuntman(TM), Test Drive(R), Unreal(R) Tournament 2003, and Unreal(R) Championship; and mass-market and children's games such as Backyard Sports(TM), Nickelodeon's Blue's Clues(TM) and Dora the Explorer(TM), Civilization(R), Dragon Ball Z(R) and RollerCoaster Tycoon(R). Atari, Inc. is a majority-owned subsidiary of France-based Infogrames Entertainment SA (Euronext 5257), the largest interactive games publisher in Europe. For more information, visit www.atari.com.

(C) 2003 Atari, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

HASBRO and its logo and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro and are used with permission. (C) 2003 HASBRO. All Rights Reserved.

"PlayStation" and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

CONTACT:Atari, Inc. Stacy Finkel, 978-921-3882 stacy.finkel@atari.com or HighWater Group PR Karen Schachter, 212-338-0077 karen@highwatergroup.com

SOURCE: Atari, Inc.

Ven Fairweather

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: RISK IN STORES NOW Reply with quote Back to top

So, where's my FREE copy? ... and don't give me that, "... we don't get enough free copies ourselves ..." bunk. The games industry is a fickle mistress....

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:13 am    Post subject: RISK IN STORES NOW Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Ven Fairweather:
So, where's my FREE copy? ... and don't give me that, "... we don't get enough free copies ourselves ..." bunk. The games industry is a fickle mistress....

floyd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: RISK IN STORES NOW Reply with quote Back to top

big deal

who cares about risk?

Ven Fairweather

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:00 am    Post subject: RISK IN STORES NOW Reply with quote Back to top

Kid, you're startin' to bug me...

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:44 am    Post subject: RISK IN STORES NOW Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by da kultist king:
big deal

who cares about risk?

Perhaps the team that's been working on it for the past couple of years?

floyd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:09 pm    Post subject: RISK IN STORES NOW Reply with quote Back to top

out of curiosity, whats your target market?

floyd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:17 pm    Post subject: RISK IN STORES NOW Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
kid, you really starting to bug me...
ven, what in the H*ll do you think we kids are for?

[ 06. November 2003, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: da kultist king ]

Tencendur

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:17 pm    Post subject: RISK IN STORES NOW Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
big deal

who cares about risk?

Well, da cultist king, let me tell you a little story.
When I was growing up it was customary on holidays like Christmas or Thanksgiving, when relatives were in from out of town, to gather around a card table somewhere and bust out a couple of games of Risk. I joined in my first game when I was about 10 years old, and so now for the last 16 years I've been playing Risk with various uncles, cousins, siblings, parents and grandparents on nearly every holiday occasion. Every family has little traditions, this happens to be one of ours.
I also noticed that a lot of people I knew in college liked to play Risk, and pretty soon a group of my friends had a weekly Friday night game (yeah, we were dorks, but it was probably better than playing video games.)
You asked, "who cares?" Well, I do. I'm glad that this game is going to be carried on to another generation that maybe doesn't even know the board game exists. I'm also glad that I'll be able to play online this Thanksgiving or Christmas when I'm stuck 3000 miles away from the rest of my family. It's a little thing, but it makes a big difference.
Remember, just because you don't care doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. I'm sure you've got some sort of hormonal, genetic axe to grind, but there are more constructive ways to get out your anger and frustration than making an ignorant post on a discussion forum.

-T

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: RISK IN STORES NOW Reply with quote Back to top

quote:

Although RISK is played by people of all ages it tends to be more of a teen to college-age game. Note the "T" (teen) rating and not an "E" (everybody) rating.

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: RISK IN STORES NOW Reply with quote Back to top

Kultist King,

I've deleted your latest post.

Just a friendly word of warning... I've had to delete several of your posts lately because they were "borderline" acceptable for these forums.

If you cannot speak to others respectfully, regardless of who they are, and watch your attitude and language, you will no longer enjoy the privilege of posting here.

Please think twice before replying and choose your words more carefully.

If you wish to discuss this further, feel free to email me at TexasMedic@aol.com

Thank you,
Twylah Skye

[ 12. November 2003, 02:23 AM: Message edited by: Twylah Skye ]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
smeagol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: RISK IN STORES NOW Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Jay Adan:
quote:

Although RISK is played by people of all ages it tends to be more of a teen to college-age game. Note the "T" (teen) rating and not an "E" (everybody) rating.
One of my top 3 reasons to play majesty and majesty NE were the rating of "E"

Besides some sports games, there just aren't enough good rated "E" games anymore...maybe Cyberlore could corner the market

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Cyberlore News and Information Service All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: