Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Can: The Movie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Cyberlore News and Information Service
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay Adan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Can: The Movie Reply with quote Back to top

It turns out that our new QA guy, Darren, is also a film maker in his copious free time.

Have a look at his latest work (this is about a 12 meg download). You'll need a Quicktime viewer to watch it.

http://www.cyberlore.com/art/can_movie.zip

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:27 am    Post subject: Can: The Movie Reply with quote Back to top

No comments on this one? I thought it was hilarious!

Tencendur

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Can: The Movie Reply with quote Back to top

I thought it was awesome. The sound design was great... my favorite moment was the quick shot of the styrofoam cups, and their trademark squeaky sound. Is that chevy turbocharged!? Sweet!
Nice camera work! Some very interesting shots, such as the below-the-dash cam, the in-the-freezer cam, etc. Title design was excellent, and the isolated store effect at the beginning, and the surveillance video cut were brilliant.
Critiques: I'm personally against the pseudo-slow motion effect at the beginning. I just don't like it when things are shot at normal speed and slowed down in post, it adds a cheap feel to it (I see it in big budget movies all the time, too. Never understood it!).
Also, it would have been really nice to see a cop car in the chase scene, even if you just got a drive-by shot of a stationary cruiser.
And lastly, I think the cuts when he looks around at the brownies and candy in the store are a hair too quick. Just a few more frames in there would give it a less disjointed feel.

It's a small world... I know the camera operator, Shawn. In fact I just saw him at a super bowl party on Sunday... I'll have to ask him about this next time.

-T

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Cyberlore News and Information Service All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: