Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

E3 2003
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Cyberlore News and Information Service
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 6:58 am    Post subject: E3 2003 Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger:
Hey this is a little off the E3 subject but maybe Goldy should be given Kit's title of moderator being Kit's never around anymore and never really used his moderator duties. Goldy is here a lot and one of the most, or ahem more responsible ones to frequent this forum.
Just my thoughts, no offence to Kit or anything either but he's just absent.

Actually, the one I don't see around anymore is Forrest from the Wishlist. At least Kit's made an appearance or two in the last month or so

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: E3 2003 Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Kit's never around anymore and never really used his moderator duties.

Kit is still around and Steven sees him on the Forum during the day. I know that Kit still checks the boards -- he backs me up if I miss something.

- Twy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Tiger

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 12:16 am    Post subject: E3 2003 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok so Kit's more of a silent presence.
And a playboy game? Really? lol

Patrick Burgel

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 5:22 pm    Post subject: E3 2003 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats on the new game guys...... looking forward to seeing it in action...lol

Tiger

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 2:23 am    Post subject: E3 2003 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah but it doesnt seem to have impacted the "traffic" like they all thought it would.

Im curious about what E3 was like Jay! Are you going to post any pictures that you took along the way like you've done in the past??

Ven Fairweather

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 2:10 pm    Post subject: E3 2003 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, Jay already posted some pics he took on the MekTek forums. After a simple announcement post from Mech Tech about the upcoming PB game, some forum members started giving Cyberlore a hard time about doing a PB game instead of another MechWarrior title.
After it was sorted out, Jay was gracious enough to post the photos. You can check 'em out here.
Just scroll down about halfway to see how happy Jay looks showing off his big cockatoo.

Sorry Jay, I couldn't resist.

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 10:17 am    Post subject: E3 2003 Reply with quote Back to top

That's not just ANY cockatoo...

That's Chuck Woolery's cockatoo. Why does it reside at the mansion? Well, given the opportunity to do so I think most of us would.

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 10:21 am    Post subject: E3 2003 Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
yeah but it doesnt seem to have impacted the "traffic" like they all thought it would.

Actually, I'm pretty happy about that. After the problems that we had managing the MechWarrior traffic I was afraid of what might happen here when PTM was announced.

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:22 pm    Post subject: E3 2003 Reply with quote Back to top

The game hasn't received near the publicity I thought it would. Despite postings saying where to see more, etc., had I not been watching CNN all day, every day, I'd never have seen the announcement.

There's been no mention on G4, either, and this is the channel that showed DOA:XBV any time it could find an excuse to.

I'm also glad to have no real traffic. There's no reason to prolong the agony, 'cause it's going to get bad.

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:05 pm    Post subject: E3 2003 Reply with quote Back to top

The reason it's not getting as much publicity at this point as you might think is that there's not much that we can tell people beyond that initial announcement. The project just got started so there's not much to say nor are there any screenshots to see.

Once we get to that point you will definitely see more.

Our web page with information on the project already gets more visits than our MechWarrior: Mercs web page (though the Majesty pages still get more visits than both).

[ 30. May 2003, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Jay Adan ]

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:44 pm    Post subject: E3 2003 Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Jay Adan:
Our web page with information on the project already gets more visits than our MechWarrior: Mercs web page (though the Majesty pages still get more visits than both).

Which only reaffirms my faith in a higher power.

- Twy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 1:07 pm    Post subject: E3 2003 Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
The reason it's not getting as much publicity at this point as you might think is that there's not much that we can tell people beyond that initial announcement. The project just got started so there's not much to say nor are there any screenshots to see.

Which is strange, since CNN showed gamescreen play, even if merely programmed engine work.
quote:

Once we get to that point you will definitely see more.

I thought there'd be a more rabid group of PB fans. If they weren't prevented by a higher power, MW fans would crawl all over your site if you announced a new game. I thought that type of fanboy would show, already.

Glad to be wrong!!!!

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:15 am    Post subject: E3 2003 Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Of Nine:
quote:
[qb]The reason it's not getting as much publicity at this point as you might think is that there's not much that we can tell people beyond that initial announcement. The project just got started so there's not much to say nor are there any screenshots to see.

Which is strange, since CNN showed gamescreen play, even if merely programmed engine work.

It's not strange. CNN pretty much insisted on being able to shoot some of the prototype even though they had been told that they wouldn't be able to. Notice that they only showed a few seconds of gameplay - most of what they showed was reactions to it.

What they were seeing was not final game-play. In fact, it's very similar in scope to what we have for Majesty 2 right now. The difference is that I make the decisions about what we release and don't release regarding Majesty 2 (at least at the moment). I know that the final graphics for Majesty 2 will be better than what we're showing now but I thought it was important to show people where we were since we hadn't talked about it in a while.

smeagol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:47 am    Post subject: E3 2003 Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
--------------------------------------------------

What they were seeing was not final game-play. In fact, it's very similar in scope to what we have for Majesty 2 right now. The difference is that I make the decisions about what we release and don't release regarding Majesty 2 (at least at the moment). I know that the final graphics for Majesty 2 will be better than what we're showing now but I thought it was important to show people where we were since we hadn't talked about it in a while.

I have been through 2 major stressful fortune 500 mergers. (all 4 companies were fortune 500 companies)
Not knowing what was on the horizon hurt the employees and the company.
However, in each of these mergers, the one thing stressed was communication. Even if the executives had nothing new to say, they either said the same thing, or reassured where they were. This greatly helped reduce stress and reassure the plans for the future.

IMHO I think it is a good idea to show people where you are at every opportunity, even if it is the same demo, or if it is not yet perfect.
Some say that even bad publicity is better than no publicity at all, because with bad publicity, your name/brand is still out there; and before the release, you have the opportunity to improve based on free professional constructive criticism.

I for one will be eagerly awaiting more screens, video, and advertising for Majesty2.

You da man Jay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Cyberlore News and Information Service All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: