Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

New RISK screenshots

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Cyberlore News and Information Service
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay Adan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:50 pm    Post subject: New RISK screenshots Reply with quote Back to top

I FINALLY got around to putting up some views of the latest build of RISK. Check them out here:

http://www.cyberlore.com/games/risk.html

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 3:04 pm    Post subject: New RISK screenshots Reply with quote Back to top

So, when's it coming out? September? C'mon, already!!

And, what do you do about the fact that there's a Risk package still on shelves being touted as a new thing?

wavefront

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:15 pm    Post subject: New RISK screenshots Reply with quote Back to top

Jay,
Could you try to port it to the PC by Xmas?

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:55 am    Post subject: New RISK screenshots Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Of Nine:
So, when's it coming out? September? C'mon, already!!

And, what do you do about the fact that there's a Risk package still on shelves being touted as a new thing?

The game will definitely be out before the holiday season this year. We should be done with it well before then. We don't set the release dates though so I don't have one to share with you at the moment.

I'm not aware of a new RISK package. EBGames didn't list one. Is this a repackage of RISK2 for the PC?

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject: New RISK screenshots Reply with quote Back to top

This one's for the PC, and there's still this one for the PSX, both of which I have seen on the shelves at Best Buy and Circuit City and Gamestop/FuncoLand whilst looking for YOUR Risk.

I dont know anything about marketting, but it seems silly to have these on shelves during a year you're launching a new version.

[ 03. April 2003, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Steven Of Nine ]

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: New RISK screenshots Reply with quote Back to top

Ah.

The PC one doesn't really compete with us. That looks to be a re-package of RISK 2.

The other one has been out for a LONG time. Note that it has the Hasbro Interactive logo in the lower right-hand corner. The fact that it is still selling is not surprising. RISK is a classic. We have a copy of that one here in the office.

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: New RISK screenshots Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Jay Adan:
Ah.

The PC one doesn't really compete with us. That looks to be a re-package of RISK 2.

I think it does compete, though. We are now a multiplatform family: PC, PS2, Gamecube. If I go in looking for a RISK game, the first one any multiplatform family sees can now be bought. We don't have to go looking for a platform specific version. To the uninitiated, simply looking for a RISK game, and not knowing to wait for the Cyberlore one, would not know to wait.
Shouldn't the publisger do you alla favour and pull the older versions?

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: New RISK screenshots Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Of Nine:
Shouldn't the publisger do you alla favour and pull the older versions?

(side note) As Steven was wrapping up this post, he was also wrapping up his 12th Melon Daquiri shot with a Jack Daniels back.

Has to be. It's the only explanation I can come up with for his sudden abandonment of the English language.

[ 03. April 2003, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: Twylah Skye ]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:02 am    Post subject: New RISK screenshots Reply with quote Back to top

Whashee sed.

[ 04. April 2003, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: Steven Of Nine ]

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:18 am    Post subject: New RISK screenshots Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, and are we getting online play?

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:37 am    Post subject: New RISK screenshots Reply with quote Back to top

Online play - Yep.

That's the main reason it's not done yet.

As far as their decisions to continue to sell the other versions... I just can't tell you for sure. I see your point about being multi-platform and I agree to a certain extent, the fact is that I have no idea what Infogrames thinking is on this subject and don't want to pretend that I know more about their decisions than I do.

What I DO know is that the game kicks some serious booty.

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:12 am    Post subject: New RISK screenshots Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like we have until September to get our broadband situation figured out...

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:16 pm    Post subject: New RISK screenshots Reply with quote Back to top

We have a "broadband situation"? Honey, is there something you aren't telling me?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:22 pm    Post subject: New RISK screenshots Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Twylah Skye:
We have a "broadband situation"? Honey, is there something you aren't telling me?

The online gaming for the consoles more often than not requires broadband connections.

[ 04. April 2003, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Steven Of Nine ]

ConsoleGold

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:57 pm    Post subject: New RISK screenshots Reply with quote Back to top

This is fantastic news! I posted it on my page here: http://www.consolegold.com/index.shtml#risk

Any comment on the Xbox version? Eb listed it and so did IGN but both are decidedly absent now...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Cyberlore News and Information Service All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: