Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Cyberlore News and Information Service
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay Adan

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 8:46 am    Post subject: MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries. Reply with quote Back to top

GameSpy just posted a little Q&A regarding one of the two "secret" projects that Cyberlore has been working on for the past few months. As we're about to be showing it at E3 this week, the cat is out of the bag -

http://www.gamespy.com/e32002/pc/mercs/index.shtml

bladeles

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 9:48 am    Post subject: MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries. Reply with quote Back to top

Couldn't find an estimated release date anywhere...

From looking at the screenshots, looks like this one is well on it's way to completion... can you give us an estimate on when it will be released?

bladeles

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 3:00 pm    Post subject: MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries. Reply with quote Back to top

Kewl. You guys really have a good thing going in being a part of making all the new Mechwarrior games... they certainly are one of my all time favorite series!

[ 20 May 2002, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: bladeles ]

Patrick Burgel

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 5:08 pm    Post subject: MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries. Reply with quote Back to top

Im gonna guess around December 2002....lol

Maybe I read that somewhere...lol

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 11:57 pm    Post subject: MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries. Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have a good answer for you at this point. I'll be able to give you more info about it next week.

Apple

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 9:52 pm    Post subject: MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries. Reply with quote Back to top

I hope MW4: Mercs is a standalone because, I'm, ah... running out of hard disk space...

Apple

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 12:12 pm    Post subject: MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries. Reply with quote Back to top

MW4: Mercs - stand-alone - that's good to hear.

The Flea is a fast Mech isn't it?
I like fast Mechs.
I don't like getting blown up with a volley of six ER Larges, though.

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 11:12 pm    Post subject: MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries. Reply with quote Back to top

Mercs is a stand-alone product - not an expansion.

Current release schedule is Q4 of this year.

The new 'Mech that people have seen at this show is the Flea (and it's very cool!)

That's all for now.

Patrick Burgel

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 6:41 pm    Post subject: MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries. Reply with quote Back to top

the flea is one of the smallest and fastest mechs out there....lol I think it is only 30 tons...

Im hoping that the poster at e3 2002 is showing a newer version of the warhammer, that is one sweet mech..

look here...

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 9:23 am    Post subject: MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries. Reply with quote Back to top

Here's the official text from the Microsoft Site -
Control 100 ton ‘Mechs while leading up to eight hired guns into the heat of battle in the quest for the all-mighty C-Bill in MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries, the latest standalone installment of the critically acclaimed MechWarrior action-simulator franchise.

And this time around, honor doesn’t even enter into the equation - it’s all about the money. Get your fledgling mercenary company sponsored by some of most notable and notorious mercenary groups in BattleTech history and battle your way through the Inner Sphere in more than 40 new missions as you doggedly pursue more lucrative C-Bill payoffs. With more than 35 ‘Mechs, new weapons, and new electronic packages available for purchase, chances are you’ll need every C-Bill you earn.

In MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries, being a hero doesn’t pay, being a mercenary does – very well.

Patrick Burgel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 4:22 pm    Post subject: MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries. Reply with quote Back to top

Jay can you post any new screen shots yet?
maybe the newer movie trailers?

DesertStorm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 11:04 pm    Post subject: MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries. Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah, a new trailer would be great...me like trailers...

IrishDog

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:25 pm    Post subject: MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries. Reply with quote Back to top

Jay- When you mentioned about having a new picture of the "Warhammer" and then showing us that poster, will the redesigned Warhammer be another of the new mechs besides the Flea. Oh please say yes (and mean it). And, roughly, when might we be seeing any more teasers for mercenaries.
Now, as far as the new mechs from the Mech Paks are concerned, it looks like they all turned out pretty good, with the only exception being the Arctic Wolf. It is still a little underpowered. While I know that all mechs are based on those of Battletech and sometimes loosely based this mech could have used 2 more 2 slot hard points for the Streak 6's. At least that was how it was according to Battletech. Or, were you all afraid of making it to powerful, which I would understand. Also, is it possible to redesign any of the older mechs, most notably would be the Argus. It has such potential. Maybe, reassign the missile pod above and giving it a 2 maybe 3 slot gun arm on the left, keeping it a ballistic and not an omni. At the least, give it some sort of an electronics package. Keep up the good work, and am waiting for Mercenaries. Thanks.

P.S. Looking back at previous post, I find I was wrong about you posting that message about the redesigned Warhammer, it was MechTech who had posted it. But, if possible, can you tell us if the new Warhammer is a possibility. Again thanks.

[ 01 August 2002, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: IrishDog ]

IrishDog

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 9:21 pm    Post subject: MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries. Reply with quote Back to top

Well, looking at that picture that Mechtech put in and doing some research, that mech is a Templar and not a redesigned Warhammer. Still, that is one nice looking mech and it is 85 tons. But I would like to see the Warhammer in the Mercenaries game, if they can get past license issues. Would be kind of hard to redesign that mech without ruining it, or making some of the die hard Mechers upset.

Nova Cat Elemental

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 1:01 am    Post subject: MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries. Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I'm new here. Any threads that deal with Mechwarrior 5? I have a huge list of things that need to be in it... which I'm sure overlaps some lists already discussed here... Where would I say all this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Cyberlore News and Information Service All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: