Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Risk - For the Xbox, PS2, and GameCube

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Cyberlore News and Information Service
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay Adan

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 12:31 pm    Post subject: Risk - For the Xbox, PS2, and GameCube Reply with quote Back to top

I had mentioned that our other "secret" project would be revealed at E3. Well, it still hasn't gotten the official announcement yet, but I've been told that it's okay to mention is now.

Cyberlore is currently working on its first (through third if you count all of the versions) console title.

Risk is an adaptation of the popular board game from Hasbro that should be available by the first quarter of next year.

We've been working on it for quite a while and the AI already plays a better game of Risk that anything previously available. Expect to have your butt handed to you if you're playing on the more advanced settings (and aren't an uber Risk payer yourself).

I'll have more info about it as we get closer to release.

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 10:16 am    Post subject: Risk - For the Xbox, PS2, and GameCube Reply with quote Back to top

I urge you to have all the optinos we've seen over the years, from Castle Risk, Risk 2010 (or whatever it was) etc. Plus lots of new maps.

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 1:02 pm    Post subject: Risk - For the Xbox, PS2, and GameCube Reply with quote Back to top

Our goal is to have the best damn game of classic RISK that we can. After we've taken care of that we'll look at adding extra stuff. We have already looked at doing some variants, but maps are another thing entirely.

RISK 2210 is right out. I LOVE that game, but we won't be doing it as a part of our game.

feldegast

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 1:31 pm    Post subject: Risk - For the Xbox, PS2, and GameCube Reply with quote Back to top

What about sametime, or whatever it is called?

Anyway, Cool news! I love Risk and I played Risk 2 for the PC on the Zone a while back but stopped, because the MP play was so buggy

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 7:55 pm    Post subject: Risk - For the Xbox, PS2, and GameCube Reply with quote Back to top

Well, you'll have me to impress with your classic Risk! I used to play endless solo games of it, using a different "Strategy" or personality for each side. Your computer AI should also have such things.

When I got far enough into High School to understand statistics and probabilities, I altered personalities based on the now-known likelihoods of winning certain conflicts, of reducing positions to make later people's turns more damaging, etc.

And, I assume if you're doing classic Risk, that you'll be using the card-based army system? Loved that system. Always was funny to wonder why someone was so interested in Alberta or Eastern Europe...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Cyberlore News and Information Service All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: