Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

LAN Bash featuring Majesty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kit5150

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:46 pm    Post subject: LAN Bash featuring Majesty Reply with quote Back to top

I had a couple friends in town over the weekend and we had ourselves a little LAN bash by having 3 computers hooked up to my router for the first time.

Out of nowhere, one of the guys asked if I had ever played a game called Majesty. When I indicated that not only had I heard of it, but I had played it extensively a few years ago, he made remarks about how he would show me how the game was meant to be played. Still unsure if he meant this classic game, he proceeded to show me his copy of the Northern Expansion, and into multiplayer we went.

We duked it out three times (lag free!!!) on large maps and it consumed nearly the entire afternoon.

Unfortunately, we were unable to get the third guy into the LAN action. For some reason, his computer was unable to connect to either of ours, so we tried out Gamespy to see if we could get it to work there. We only had 2 CDs and efforts to burn a third copy were unsuccessful, so he had to miss out. Sorry to whoever was trying to connect to our game in Gamespy - we weren't ignoring you, we were having internal issues.

Anyway, thanks again to Cyberlore for providing such a great gaming experience. I'll be on Gamespy more and more looking for victims. Feel free to look me up

[ 09. December 2003, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: Kit5150 ]

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:29 am    Post subject: LAN Bash featuring Majesty Reply with quote Back to top

Did he "show you how it was played?"

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:41 am    Post subject: LAN Bash featuring Majesty Reply with quote Back to top

My only question is this:

How many wizards did ya steal?????

- Twy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
M

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:27 am    Post subject: LAN Bash featuring Majesty Reply with quote Back to top

I've never been able to steal anything but GnoMes. I Must not be a very skilled thief.

Siminos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:36 pm    Post subject: LAN Bash featuring Majesty Reply with quote Back to top

Ok I dont play online all that often, what do you mean by "steal"? Is there a way to steal heros?

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:24 am    Post subject: LAN Bash featuring Majesty Reply with quote Back to top

I think you build an empty Guild and destroy your opponent's so his heros will transfer over to yours by filling your Guild...

M

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:45 am    Post subject: LAN Bash featuring Majesty Reply with quote Back to top

No, it's when an enemy recruits a hero but it shows up on your side. It's caused by a bug in Majesty.

Kit5150

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: LAN Bash featuring Majesty Reply with quote Back to top

Spiderman has the right of it. When you destroy an opponent's guild and you have the same guild with 1 or more open slots, enemy heroes will convert and join your side immediately, dubbed 'stealing' heroes. I once stole a high level wizard from Twy's hubby and he turned around and fried his former comrades...quite amusing.

Of course, what was not so amusing was learning that 2 simultaneous earthquakes didnt do any more damage than 1. Unfortunately, the two guys who were earthquaking me learned this too, and took turns, then gated into my rubble to finish me off.

vaneth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:45 am    Post subject: LAN Bash featuring Majesty Reply with quote Back to top

I only wish that this happened to me in The Siege. Whenever I win, the opposing survivors always head straight for one of my rest stops and spend the rest of the game sulking.

Gravity

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: LAN Bash featuring Majesty Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all, im sure i was missed, lol. Ive been gameing elsewhere, as finding a game on gamespy has become increasingly dificult.Im sure you've discussed it..but has there been any word on Majesty 2?
Ive been playing Warcraft 3 but most the people in there are really mean. Easy to get a game but very impersonal. I miss the good ole days of majesty gaming.

Kit5150 , id like to get a game with you somtime if you like. I'll visit gamespy or leave me a message here to set up a time if you are interested.
I hope all is well for all.....peace

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:41 am    Post subject: LAN Bash featuring Majesty Reply with quote Back to top

Nope, no new updates on Maj2.

Krypta

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: LAN Bash featuring Majesty Reply with quote Back to top

I've never done multiplayer gaming before. How does it work.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:52 am    Post subject: LAN Bash featuring Majesty Reply with quote Back to top

Go to www.gamespyarcade.com and download their free software, install it, run it and go to the Majesty game room to find other players.

Krypta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: LAN Bash featuring Majesty Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Spiderman

smeagol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: LAN Bash featuring Majesty Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by MMMMM:
No, it's when an enemy recruits a hero but it shows up on your side. It's caused by a bug in Majesty.

Not many people have experienced this bug in majesty...I have only seen it a couple dozen times myself

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: