Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Smeagol's online challenge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smeagol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:01 am    Post subject: Smeagol's online challenge Reply with quote Back to top

This is the game I've been playing for a while now, and I have found that most people cannot complete it. (Destroy all the Yeti's, and then destroy the other player)

Northern Expansion
NO CHEATS
Manual Settings:

Player Forces: Northern Kings
Enemy Forces: Yeti Rampage
Wandering Monsters: None
Special Event 1: None
Special Event 2: None
Victory Conditions: Last Palace Standing
Starting Gold: 30000

Two players

Can you completed it?

M

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:28 am    Post subject: Smeagol's online challenge Reply with quote Back to top

No. I don't have the northern expansion!

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:22 am    Post subject: Smeagol's online challenge Reply with quote Back to top

Shouldn't this be in MP?

Gravity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:56 pm    Post subject: Smeagol's online challenge Reply with quote Back to top

Want some real fun ...do the same settings but with outposts and put superlairs and respawning lairs as the special event. I believe spiderman sugested these settings in the past. They proved to be quite challenging:)

Gravity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject: Smeagol's online challenge Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yes i almost forgot, 15k as starting gold

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:06 pm    Post subject: Smeagol's online challenge Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Gravity:
Want some real fun ...do the same settings but with outposts and put superlairs and respawning lairs as the special event. I believe spiderman sugested these settings in the past. They proved to be quite challenging:)

Uh....no. That was Ravenous or something like that. This map puts Yeti caves in all 4-corners and one in the middle. I have NEVER been very good with this type of setting because it is a click-fest right out of the starting gate. I have played with it a little bit. I imagine with a little practice I could figure out a start with either Barbarians or Paladins. Since Yetis cannot be charmed I don't think I would fair very well trying to use Chaos forces. Also, I was trying to figure out how to do this without gnomes. Wizards level up insanely fast on these settings but it just takes one good swipe from a Yeti when your back is turned to lose a high level Wizard.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Cooker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:51 pm    Post subject: Smeagol's online challenge Reply with quote Back to top

hold out until yetis kills the other guy. simple. If he survives, finish him off with gates.

Gravity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: Smeagol's online challenge Reply with quote Back to top

ahhh yes you are correct goldy . It was ravenous

what was i smokin

smeagol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: Smeagol's online challenge Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Merlin the Black:
hold out until yetis kills the other guy. simple. If he survives, finish him off with gates.

Simple plan you have, but effective, if it can be pulled off.

I personally have only found half a dozen players that have been able to survive long enough to see the 5th Yeti Cave go down.

Since this is on a small map, in most of those games, no one even got to a level 3 abode.

Once the caves were gone, one side just marched right down to the other side and wrecked havoc with their 10+ level heros (experience provided courtesy of the dozens of Yeti's slain)

In my games, I can only remember using gate once in lord hopkins game in day 89.

The last one I played was with Korben Dallas last week, and the one before that was Lord Hopkins.

By the way, make sure that you choose the map "Yeti Rampage" as there is at least one other much easier map with "Yeti" in the title.

Gravity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:56 am    Post subject: Smeagol's online challenge Reply with quote Back to top

Hey smeagol, ive been trying these settings with a buddy of mine, except we were using new settlements instead of northern kings. Have u tried this, and if so did u have any luck. If so what strat would u recomend. So far with new settlements the longest weve lasted is 11 days, lol. Ive tried multiple combonations with limited sucsess. If you have any suggestions, that would be cool. Thanks....

Peace-

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:53 pm    Post subject: Smeagol's online challenge Reply with quote Back to top

I have tried these only casually since an MP player named thirdreit had me try a variation of them cold. See this thread -> http://www.cyberlore.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=000305

He announced before the game that I was a good player if I could handle them. Alas! I am a poor player by his standards. I hazard a guess that not many are "good" players the first time they tried Yeti Rampage. Working with this map in freestyle I haven't found a solution yet but believe it is there. I just haven't given it enough attention.

I believe that smeagol's start with Northern Kings is probably significantly easier than Gravity's start with New Settlements. Gravity may be stacking the deck too much against himself. Being able to go directly to level 2 Temples and Guilds and not needing to upgrade the Palace to level 2 in effect starts one with more gold and allows stronger forces to be recruited from the get-go. I would probably end up using a Dauros/Agrela solution.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: