Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

How to win at Multiplayer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeratul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject: How to win at Multiplayer Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, a loaded question. My question is really much more simple. I know how to play (decently) single player and freestyle games, general build orders, whats effective, etc. My question, how do I overwhelm my other player? Every time I've played, one person can be pretty clearly winning, yet I can never finish the other off.

(Note, majesty normal, NOT exp)

The one time I actually destroyed a person was when we did the 'neighbors' setting, so I happened to be right next to him. I declared war, and since all my heroes where already right there, I had no problem getting a large attack force. Every other time (like today), I had a much better economy, all of my heroes were above 5, all his were 1 or dead, yet he had a nice line of ballista towers surrounding his town (how he built 5-6, I don't know). Every time I would try to attack him, half my heroes would run away, the other half die/get resurrected/almost die and run away.

My question, in summary, how do I actually make a reasonable assault on someone's base thats very far away? No gate spell in non exp. And a bounty of 3000 on his edge market didn't do that much. Oh, I know RoK does a pretty good 'attack all' command, but I am looking for a Law/Chaos option... (I like having resurrection)

Thanks.

M

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:35 am    Post subject: How to win at Multiplayer Reply with quote Back to top

Put a 500 Explore Flag next to your bounty. Then your heroes will go to it and then fight or bounty hunt.

Gravity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: How to win at Multiplayer Reply with quote Back to top

originally posted by zeratul
--------------------------------------------------
My question, in summary, how do I actually make a reasonable assault on someone's base thats very far away? No gate spell in non exp.
This sugestion may sound generic.....but if you want to be a good MP player there are 2 Key ingredients(probaly more but these are the 2 i stick with)

1. Build quick

2. Build smart

what does this mean? Well you'll figure it out. If you can build a 3rd level castle in 1 game day you are on the right track. Good luck...

Peace-

Zeratul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: How to win at Multiplayer Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Gravity:
originally posted by zeratul
My question, in summary, how do I actually make a reasonable assault on someone's base thats very far away? No gate spell in non exp.
This sugestion may sound generic.....but if you want to be a good MP player there are 2 Key ingredients(probaly more but these are the 2 i stick with)

1. Build quick

2. Build smart

what does this mean? Well you'll figure it out. If you can build a 3rd level castle in 1 game day you are on the right track. Good luck...

Peace-

The thing is, thats not my problem. I know I can always work on speed, etc. These times I clearly had a much better base, but I just am asking how do I go about attacking? This latest time, he had 1 hero (lv 8 ranger), I had 16 or so 6+ heroes. All he had protecting him were 5 odd ballista towers. When I put huge bounties on them, they would trickle in, and one a time either run away, or fight, die, and be resurrected and run away.

Thanks, MMMMM, I'll try that suggestion next time.

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:59 pm    Post subject: How to win at Multiplayer Reply with quote Back to top

For Law (... or any strat, actually), the very best offense against Ballista Towers are high-level monks. One solitary ticked-off monkey-boy will level a Ballista lickety-split and will then go after the Dwarven Settlement. The next best offense (Chaos strat) are high-level WoDs.

- Twy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:51 pm    Post subject: How to win at Multiplayer Reply with quote Back to top

The short answer - make more gold than the other guy.

Any number of hero types after they reach a high enough level can take out Ballistas. Even Priestesses can take out ballistas. All they need is one or two skeletons dodging the ballista's arrows and the Priestess can blast away at it.

As for attacking the ballistas -- try not going down the middle. Go for a ballista at a corner of his town. The least well defended. The peasants have to travel farther to rebuild. Target one ballista at a time. The heroes will level up and gain experience taking out ballistas making the next one easier to take down.

[ 24. June 2003, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Gravity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: How to win at Multiplayer Reply with quote Back to top

Goldy Bear is absolutely correct-make more gold than the other guy.

Which goes back to what i said earlier.Build Quick. Get your economy machine set up fast. The quicker your economy is set up the better off you will be later.

Build Smart- when, what, and where are you building.

Is there a quick and easy solution/action to make your heros group and work together... no , its a combo of things which increase the flow of your city. Am i going to tell you...hell no Figure it out like I and most others did. Play better players , get your butt kicked and learn. lol i remember when i first experienced Lord Krams Solaris blitz or SNM Queen B's krypta horde... i had to ask myself "how did they do that?" Then I asked myself " how can i do that"

Keep playing and find players better then you to learn from. There are plenty of good ones out there. Good luck

Peace

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: