Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Question about MP settings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:48 am    Post subject: Question about MP settings Reply with quote Back to top

For those who play MP, how often are the "expert" settings used? Frozen Waste and/or the Wandering Monsters of Dragons and Yetis?

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:12 am    Post subject: Question about MP settings Reply with quote Back to top

The harsher settings are rarely used in multiplayer. You'll most likely see such difficult settings during veteran players' co-op games. That is, when two or more very good players set themselves a hard task to complete as an "Eliminate all Foes" quest.

You'll also see fewer harsh wandering monsters. Surprisingly enough the Harpies setting is the worst. They show up early, and usually one of the MP players is hit hardest, right when his market's first going up. Harpies are tough when all you have are lvl 1 palace heroes.

MP play revolves for the most part around the same maps: Eldritch Circles gets loads of play. There's a large number of Daemonwoods between the players, which 1) keeps them apart while they build and 2) lets the heroes level up some fighting the tough d'woods. Of course, some people rush around the edges of the map...

See other topics for Goldy and Gravity's play of a hard setting with only Outposts. You'll find very few people other than those two interested in that.

Newbies prefer to use very easy map settings, either no monsters or Time of the Varg, etc. Just something to add some spice, while the real goal is to build an army to fight a player, not the map.

smeagol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Question about MP settings Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman:
For those who play MP, how often are the "expert" settings used? Frozen Waste and/or the Wandering Monsters of Dragons and Yetis?

I play the expert settings of "Yeti Rampage" in 2-player expansion a lot, and in 3 player I play "Ruins of Lormidia" (Large map with Minotours) a lot, but I canít remember if that one is Advanced or Expert.

I always try to use the expert player forces settings of "new Settlements" or "guild wars" or "young nobles"

In 4way I think there is an expert setting of 4 corners, which I play also.

With Yeti Rampage 90% of the time I have wandering monsters NONE, and with Ruins of Lormidia, I have wandering monsters on maybe 40% of the time if the other players are advanced enough, and off if they are not.
(Multiple Minotours attacking your town on day 2 is hard enough on casual players)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: