Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Majesty Powerbuild Walkthrough

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:31 pm    Post subject: Majesty Powerbuild Walkthrough Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, yes, yes, it's in a nice table, so it's waaaaaaaay down there. Scroll to it!

For a cleaner, easier-to-read version, go here. This version has the wrong money total, but it's not important. You'll have plenty.

OK, a couple of notes. This requires 30K Gold.

1) It's vital, for speed, that you build a gnome where and when it's noted. This takes advantage of the fact that Gnomes check for a building to build as one of their first activities. So, fresh Gnomes check for a building. If you've just put one down, the Gnomes runs over to build it.

2) Build the three initial guilds in the order noted. The Rangers Guild should be placed 3rd, not first, even though you want it finished early, and the Ranger recruiting is the limiting time factor. The first Gnome you recruit will go to build this because your two Peasants are building the Rogues' Guilds!

3) As soon as any three non-Gnome heroes are out, Upgrade the palace to lvl 2, and recruit a fresh Gnome. The new Gnome will build the palace.

4) You don't have to multitask, but it helps. Build and upgrade your Market while recruiting heroes. Use hotkeys, F1-F4, to check on recruiting status of the Guilds. I use this trick: hold the cursor over where the recruit button is, for a Guild. Click F1 (click mouse), click F2 (click mouse), click F3 (click mouse), click F4 (research or upgrade the Marketplace.)
Just cycle through the Guilds, recruiting.
At a leisurely pace, this table is complete, with the 8th Solarus recruited, and the Farigrounds running a Tourney before Day 4 begins.

Also, while the Palace is upgrading to lvl 3, you should be taking the hovels off the repair queue, and flagging them with 100 Gold. When a Hovel is at 20 hp or less, remove the flag. In Multiplayer, remove flags at 30 hp.

Note, also, that this uses no 2nd Level Guilds, so you are free, once you're done, to choose either the Law or Chaos tracks. Since you'll build Helia, Krolm is off limits.

Majesty Powerbuild Walkthrough

Building Hero Cost Total Cost

Gnome Hovel   100 100
Rogues Guild   600 700
Rogues Guild   1200 1900
Rangers Guild   700 2600
  gnome x 3 300 2900
Guardhouse   500 3400
  gnome #4 100 3500
Marketplace   1500 5000
  gnome #5 100 5100
Inn   400 5500
  gnome #6 100 5600
  Rogue x 4 1000 6600
  Rogue x 4 1000 7600
  Ranger x 4 1000 8600

Palace to lvl 2  
3000 11600
  gnome #7 100 11700
Market Upgrades   500 12200
Market lvl 2   1000 13200

Palace lvl 3   3000 16200
  gnome #8 100 16300

Reward Flags on hovels   300 16600
Market Upgrade   750 17350
Market lvl 3   1000 18350
Guardhouse   750 19100
Fairgrounds   3000 22100
  gnome #9 100 22200
Helia Temple   1000 23200
Helia Temple   2000 25200
  Solarii x 8 4000 29200
Research Tournament   250 29450
Reflag Hovels  
300 29750

[ 07. June 2003, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: Steven Of Nine ]

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:01 pm    Post subject: Majesty Powerbuild Walkthrough Reply with quote Back to top

More notes:

You will start with the Palace near a map edge. Try to build your first hovel close to that edge, and your guilds on the other side of the Palace. Hovels will spawn as close to the Palace as they can. Leave them a space to do so, so they're clustered, and easier to evict.

Don't worry about money, you'll make a little more during this time.

The Guardhouses serve two purposes. They are city-planning: build the Marketplace/Inn next to the first, just outside the Guilds, to make tax collection easier. Same with the 2nd Guardhouse and Fairgrounds/Royal Gardens.
Also, the Guardhouse has a wide area of spotting, and clears enough Fog of War shroud to clear space for the new buildings.

Gravity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:12 am    Post subject: Majesty Powerbuild Walkthrough Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmmm, well we were playing a game. I can only assume that you got booted. I dont think you quit. I did save the game so we can finish our game another time. Oh and by the way i gated your gate at my wiz castle and kicked there butts, lol. But dont worry i saved before that. Ill catch you later.....Oh and as for your power build it has flaws but im not tellin:o)

Peace

Gravity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: Majesty Powerbuild Walkthrough Reply with quote Back to top

That was costing you the game almost as much as my late build of a Royal Gardens.
posted by steven of nine
--------------------------------------------------
Hmmmm ,nothing was costing me that game. You want to finish? I reppelled all your gates and was setting u up for the kill. I also have a 3rd level abode and outpost. I killed most all your highlevel heros. All my guilds were/are full. I anticipated you using a quick gate. And your build has no room for other guilds initially, and flaging gnome hovels.... i love my little buddies.i dont need to flag them. Ill be happy to finish our game. Honestly i expected more from u then a quick gate attack, was/is a fun game. Challenging no dought, but gnomes costing me that game...Please what a joke. Lets finish our game.

Peace out

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 4:54 pm    Post subject: Majesty Powerbuild Walkthrough Reply with quote Back to top

No need to finish it, you have me beaten, badly. Please let me play you again, so I can prove myself worthy!

Cooker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Majesty Powerbuild Walkthrough Reply with quote Back to top

This build is more useful on a non rush map, because I can clearly see that ROK rush can take you down when you donít have many heroes.

wavefront

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:23 pm    Post subject: Majesty Powerbuild Walkthrough Reply with quote Back to top

Steven:
Remove all line breaks in the HTML part of the post (put it on a single line).

Gravity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:44 pm    Post subject: Majesty Powerbuild Walkthrough Reply with quote Back to top

Steven i would love to play agian, if u think im worthy. sorry for the negative comments.

peace all

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:27 pm    Post subject: Majesty Powerbuild Walkthrough Reply with quote Back to top

There are no flaws in that build, although there may be differences of opinion. I note you didn't evict your gnomes, last night. That was costing you the game almost as much as my late build of a Royal Gardens.

That was turning out to be a great game. I got the "Gravity Quit the Game" message, but I think the problem was my connection. When I dropped out to GSA, it was frozen, and I had to close it. Then, I couldn't get past the GSA log in screen. That's a new one.

See you later, and we can finish that one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: