Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

All you new players

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korben

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 2:36 pm    Post subject: All you new players Reply with quote Back to top

I play online almost every week and as there are so few players around I play with newbies all the time.

For me it is just a way to have fun and enjoy game, and to make huge armys and massive amount of gold.

Well here comes the sad part... newbies quit without ever telling why.. I feel waisting my 40 mins for nothing. Just when I got everything as I wanted... opponent quits! I will never play them again if they don't have an excuse.

When they see what I got they shout for me to be cheating.. Well I always advice them how to make gold and how your WODS or rogues don't go for your own buildings.

So you new players if you got a good player to play you, enjoy the game, even when your castle goes down with 12 WODS, 12 Solaries, 8 Wizds, rogues and stuff.

Don't ever quit, don't whine, don't ask for cheats to be enabled in game.

wavefront

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 6:11 pm    Post subject: All you new players Reply with quote Back to top

Why would anyone want to use cheats? You could win(loose) the game instantly at any time. What's the point?

Stomper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 10:20 pm    Post subject: All you new players Reply with quote Back to top

I learned as a kid that good sportsmanship means playing to the bitter end, long after it is obvious I will lose, whether in Monopoly, Risk, or any other game. On the other hand, a gracious winner will offer to let me concede when the game has gotten too lopsided, and I will take that opportunity if we can immediately start another game so I can apply what I just learned. There is no excuse, though, for quitting without a word to you. I understand your frustration.

quote:
Originally posted by Korben:
Well I always advice them how to make gold and how your WODS or rogues don't go for your own buildings.

I've never played multi, so I'm not sure I understand this point. Are you saying that my own rogues and WoD's would respond to your reward flags on my buildings? Can I avoid that just by building statues, or is there something more? Is there a formula for the number of statues I would need to overcome a particular size of reward (say, 1 statue for each 500 gold in the reward), or do I just guess? Is it a waste to build more than one statue?

I am interested in multi, but I'm not sure I'm up to it. Seems that quickness would surely pay off, and I am not quick. I play my quests at no more than half-speed, and usually at the slowest possible speed. Also, would the speed of my connection (56k dial-up, usually managing 2-3kps at best) put me at a disadvantage, or just slow the game for all players? Can anyone refer me to a thread with basic multi-player strategy?

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:09 am    Post subject: All you new players Reply with quote Back to top

Stomper,

Steven said to give you this link:

http://www.strategyplanet.com/majesty/strategy.shtml

A couple of years ago, Steven and Kit wrote several excellent articles for this website with multiplayer and quest strategies.

- Twy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 5:03 am    Post subject: All you new players Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Stomper:
quote:
Originally posted by Korben:
Well I always advice them how to make gold and how your WODS or rogues don't go for your own buildings.

I've never played multi, so I'm not sure I understand this point. Are you saying that my own rogues and WoD's would respond to your reward flags on my buildings? Can I avoid that just by building statues, or is there something more? Is there a formula for the number of statues I would need to overcome a particular size of reward (say, 1 statue for each 500 gold in the reward), or do I just guess? Is it a waste to build more than one statue?

Yes, without statues or Royal Gardens your own Wod's and Rogues will go after flags on your own buildings without regard to whose flag it is. I don't have a precise formula, however, 3 statues or one Royal Gardens is usually enough to deter such treachery.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 4:21 pm    Post subject: All you new players Reply with quote Back to top

how do you guys get money so fast? i usually try not spending alot but it still doesnt help.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 5:43 pm    Post subject: All you new players Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by DragonWizard012:
how do you guys get money so fast? i usually try not spending alot but it still doesnt help.

You will find the answer to that question and many others at the link Twylah supplied. A more specific link directed to your question is here -> http://www.strategyplanet.com/majesty/perfectbeast.shtml

It is easir for me to refer you to Steven's already well written article rather than try to answer in a few incomplete sentences.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 8:21 am    Post subject: All you new players Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the link

ive just been too busy to visit but got time yesterday and it helped. I should have thanked you sooner.

[ 25 October 2002, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: DragonWizard012 ]

Khornash

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 1:54 pm    Post subject: All you new players Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm... What is WOD

DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 5:07 pm    Post subject: All you new players Reply with quote Back to top

Warrior of Discord

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: