Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Majesty Patch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yurich

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 7:00 am    Post subject: Majesty Patch Reply with quote Back to top

On the majesty download site (www.majestyquest.com), it's said that...

NOTE: If you have recently purchased Majesty in New Zeland or Australia and it DID NOT have a box or printed manual you may experience problems if you install the update below. If, after installing the game, you get a "please enter correct CD" error just reinstall the game and do not apply the update.

It is excatly what I've got... so I've tried to play through GSA and failed ... When I was a host nobody was "ready" and when I tried to join - it just locked-up...

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 8:28 am    Post subject: Majesty Patch Reply with quote Back to top

You're sunk, basically. Either it's pirated software or unsupported software from Info... You can only play against others with the same version, most likely.

You can always buy the NA version from www.dragon.ca and it will allow the updates.

[ 04 April 2002, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: Steven Of Nine ]

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:09 pm    Post subject: Majesty Patch Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know what Infogrames put on its packaging but if it advertises multi-player capability on it anywhere you probably have a case for false advertising. (This is assuming these budget versions were indeed put out by Infogrames.) You are by no means the only one that has encountered this problem.

Now if your budget software had some disclaimer on the packaging that said it was a "budget version" and is being sold "As Is" and no support would be provided by Infogrames that would be one thing. You the consumer could make the choice with full knowledge of what your were purchasing with your monetary unit (whatever that is). But no one has indicated anything like that.

I don't care if it is budget or not. If the product advertises anything it doesn't provide its just flat wrong and Infogrames should be required to support what it sells.

Sorry, Jay. I call it the way that I see it. If your parent company requires you to boot me from these boards for stating this opinion, so be it.

Goldy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: