Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Multiplayer Glitch?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emrikol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2001 9:49 am    Post subject: Multiplayer Glitch? Reply with quote Back to top

I have owned Majesty since it first came out, and I must say it is a great game.

Yesterday was the first time that I have ever played multiplayer. A buddy of mine came over and we did multiplay over the LAN against each other.

I hosted, pure random map, easy kingdom setting.

The problem is, that when I eventually say his town (buildings) I would put bountys on them, you know so I could kill him and win. Well when the bountys went up, how own heroes (rogues) started attacking his own structures to get the bounties.

Of course this made playing any further meaningless.

Notes:
1. Majesty version 1.3
2. His town would not defend against his attacking heroes, so he couldn't kill them.
3. He tried putting bountys on my buildings, but my heroes ingored it (as it should be)
4. I was blue, he was red. (not sure if it matters, but who knows)

We really engoyed playing multiplay, but it is not worth it with the above mentioned problem. Has anyone else seen this? Anything I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Emrikol

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2001 10:47 am    Post subject: Multiplayer Glitch? Reply with quote Back to top

Dear Emrikol,

Welcome to the forum and post again soon.

The glitch you describe is not a glitch but part of the game. Rogues are disloyal. Their AI motivates them by any and the largest bounties available. In order to prevent your own Rogues from attacking you you must build loyalty structures. Usually in multiplayer games 3 statues or a Royal Gardens will be sufficient to purchanse your own Rogues' loyalty against all but superlarge bounties. Other disloyal heroes to beware of are WoD's.

If you do get caught with "your pants down", (i.e. Rogues recruited but haven't built statues yet) when you opponent places attack flags on your buildings you can dismiss the Rogues to get them off your back. Most experienced multiplayers will not recruit Rogues before building statues to avoid this problem.

Goldy

------------------
"Krolm makes me stronger!...."

[This message has been edited by Goldy_Bear (edited 07 October 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Goldy_Bear (edited 07 October 2001).]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2001 11:32 pm    Post subject: Multiplayer Glitch? Reply with quote Back to top

Another "FUN!!!" way to get those Rouges off your back is to place an even higher flag on one of them... then the rest of them will go after him instead untill he's dead... and this might buy you some time to create a statue or two... and even if it doesn't, it's money well spent if you ask me!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2001 6:49 am    Post subject: Multiplayer Glitch? Reply with quote Back to top

Rogues whom you dismiss will usually finish killing off the structure they're attacking (if any) before leaving Ardania. I realise that you didn't know the Rogues would attack their own town, but I find it at least a little funny.

You can also use this to your advantage. You can build with gnomes to get your town up, then use the Rogues to effect a "gnome eviction" to rid your town of them and the go on to use Evles or Dwarves. You can also use the Rogues to tear down the Gambling Hall and the Elven Lounge.

------------------
Shiny_Pony (Steven Of Nine)

"Romance is not a malfunction"
- Kes, "Lifesigns"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: