Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

THE DROP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRAPPER

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2001 8:39 pm    Post subject: THE DROP Reply with quote Back to top

why do we get dropped when we play majesty online at gamespy? maybe if the players and the techs get togeather we can find this bug and smash the damn thing.i tried the firewall
thing and every thing else that i could think of.i have 56k and i know that has a lot
to do with it but wow some days i cant even play a whole game with out dropping.i have noticed the more buildings you have the worse
the lag is.i would like to know what to do!!!

------------------
GL/HF{MW}TRAPPER
IN THE NAME OF THE SLOBERING

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2001 9:53 pm    Post subject: THE DROP Reply with quote Back to top

stop building buildings?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
MWBraygon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2001 10:03 pm    Post subject: THE DROP Reply with quote Back to top

no get it fixed cause we should be able to build whatever we want like in the quests.yes the drop bug is very annoying and somedays i feel like giving up on Majesty or the Expansion all together on muti-players cause its very annoying to be in a good game then the other guy gets dropped.Boy what a challenge that was,might as well play the computer then.Some of you may notice that the last couple of days I havent been playing muti-player games and it's beacause of the drop bug get it fixed please or people wont play the game online.Its better and more fun when you have a challenge.

TRAPPER

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2001 10:11 pm    Post subject: THE DROP Reply with quote Back to top

lol hey thare you go mad.the majestic helper came through again.but i am serious about this one bud thx.

------------------
GL/HF{MW}TRAPPER

MWBraygon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2001 10:15 pm    Post subject: THE DROP Reply with quote Back to top

yes this is serious the drop bug could kill muti-player on GSA all together.

------------------
My soul is replenished.
HA HA HA HA HA

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 7:12 am    Post subject: THE DROP Reply with quote Back to top

You knew, of course, with all the new players coming in, that we'd have to relive the drop problems.

For all you clan guys: the game drops people... a lot.

It doesn't have anything more to do with one thing than another, really, it's just an unstable game. MajX is more stable, so go and get the expansion, dammit.

56k or cable, doesn't really matter. Playing over AOL, however, will cause drops more than another ISP. Twy used AOL until she realised I didn't have drop problems on Netcom.

The game drops people all the time. get used to saving games once someone drops and then just reload it instead of starting another.

------------------
Shiny_Pony (Father Of Nine)

"Romance is not a malfunction"
- Kes, "Lifesigns"

[This message has been edited by Steven Of Nine (edited 09 July 2001).]

MWBraygon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 7:20 am    Post subject: THE DROP Reply with quote Back to top

again Siny_Pony the thing of it is we shouldnt have to save a game a reload it we should be able to play the whole thing once we start it without dropping.this is really annoying and for youe information Majx is not more stable cause i still get drops there too.as a matter of fact i got it 3 days ago and have had 55 drops in games on Majx so far.yes i keep track of how many times i get dropped from a game ,I keep a note of it to let the guys at GSA know what day and what time i got the drops.Again I'm not trying to make anybody mad just trying to point out that this drop bug could kill multi-player games.

------------------
My soul is replenished.
HA HA HA HA HA

TRAPPER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 9:01 am    Post subject: THE DROP Reply with quote Back to top

i dont know what you have agianst CLAN GUYS
but i am very proud of my mine.and if you dont want to relive some thing that was posted
before then oh well.this is important to me and
this is a public forum.beleve me i didnt do this post for you. i dont even know you .i did it for the game
and yes my clan.it only takes one person to read this and say we better fix this problem.
so if you have to relive something that don't really matter to you then i am sorry for putting that onto you.i thought this would help fix the bug.i didnt think i would get this responce.

------------------
GL/HF{MW}TRAPPER

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 10:11 am    Post subject: THE DROP Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by TRAPPER:
i dont know what you have agianst CLAN GUYS
but i am very proud of my mine.and if you dont want to relive some thing that was posted
before then oh well.this is important to me and
this is a public forum.beleve me i didnt do this post for you. i dont even know you .....

I believe you have misunderstood Steven of Nine. I don't believe he has anything against "Clan Guys". He used the term because as a group you are somewhat newer to the Forum and are therefore unaware of the "drops" in Majesty.

You have also misunderstood that it WAS and IS important to him. Everyone who has played MP is unhappy with the "drops". However, after being on the Forum for over a year he and other older members have come to learn that there isn't a blessed thing that Cyberlore can/will do about the "drops". You can discuss this endlessly if you like, but it won't change.

Goldy

------------------
"Krolm makes me stronger!...."

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 3:38 pm    Post subject: THE DROP Reply with quote Back to top

Trapper & Braygon,

For Pete's Sake, guys... why so touchy? Steven was explaining the fact that this problem has been around since Day One and is nothing new to those of us who have been playing Multiplayer Majesty for the last year. And he tried to help you by telling you what the rest of us already know about the "I Quit/You Quit" bug (that's what we've been calling it for the last year).

As far as his reference to "clan guys", he was addressing you specifically and NOT talking down to you or being ugly. As Steven's wife, I can assure you that he doesn't have anything "against" the new Clans and Kingdoms. I can't believe you guys got so defensive about nothing.

Of course, you're perfectly free to keep track of the number of times you "drop" while playing MP games and report it to whomever you choose... but if you ask any of the players who've been around a while (Golem, Dragon, Kit, Goldy, Steven, me, Housefish - to name a few), you'll find that it does no good. Cyberlore has tried to fix it, GameSpy has tried to research it and the patches haven't helped much. The problem was even worse when we played on The Zone.

Steven was giving you good, sound advice with the voice of experience...

1) Save your games, especially if it's a good game -- but don't expect it to always load.
2) Try not to play using AOL. It's a verified fact that players using AOL get dropped more often than players using other ISPs.
3) Be prepared for drops and make sure everyone in the game knows what happens when a drop occurs.

There's nothing else you can do about it. Seriously.

And a side note... Try not to be so defensive when people try to help you. OK?

- Twy

------------------
"She who wields the skillet rules the world." - "The Forum Mommy"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Kit5150

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 4:04 pm    Post subject: THE DROP Reply with quote Back to top

unfortunately, the drop bug (aka the "you quit no you quit" bug) still shows its ugly mug in majesty to this day.

while it may be a major nuisance, it doesnt necessarily mean that you cannot play multiplayer.

i dont play majesty multiplayer much anymore, but when i was playing everyday, i rarely had a 2-player game that would drop.

obviously, i have no clue what settings you are playing, but we always used to stick with small maps, except the occasional cooperative game where we busted out large maps (remember that guys?)

anyway, the default map of choice was eldritch circles or in the expansion, gorgon realm. these are small maps with the inability to rush (unless you pull krolms with gnomes in the corner trick thingy).

the small map minimizes the long-term effects of playing majesty - lag. we were able to play drop-free, lag-free 90% of the time. the other 10%...*cough* streamofconciousnessfirewall *cough*

hope this helped; happy gaming!

TRAPPER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 5:10 pm    Post subject: THE DROP Reply with quote Back to top

TWYLAH&GOLDY i really am sorry about being so
defensive.but when steven wrote THE GAME DROPS PEOPLE...A LOT,no s*** ay i know that
that's why i posted on this topic.and about the clan i am useto defending my selfe.
becuse in real life i am a fur trapper and
you would not belive the flack i get about that.so again steven,twyiah,goldy i am sorry.
and yes me and bray do have majx and hope to play with you all some time.one more thing before i go i just want to say twylah the saying you have on your signature is really cool. i wish my wife was into this stuf
like you and your hubby are.she has her backgamon and i have my majesty lol

------------------
GL/HF{MW}TRAPPER

Trapper - I edited this post because profanity isn't acceptable here. Please watch your language in the future? This is, after all, a family forum.

- Twy

[This message has been edited by Twylah Skye (edited 09 July 2001).]

TRAPPER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 5:32 pm    Post subject: THE DROP Reply with quote Back to top

THANKS KIT now this is the responce i was hoppeing for and i am shure it will help us.
kit i have played with you before when i first got majx and goldy to you guys and gals
are good people.but why the hell dont you play any more?any time you wanto come and beat up on me lmao come to GSA and we will play.thx

------------------
GL/HF{MW}TRAPPER

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 6:13 pm    Post subject: THE DROP Reply with quote Back to top

Trapper,

There's no reason to be defensive on the Majesty Forums. We all get along very well - like a huge family - and you'll find that everyone is usually willing to help if you have a problem.

As Steven implied, the "Quit" bug was discussed ad nauseum last year and we all realized that, as Goldy said, there's nothing that can be done. If you do a search on the words "quit & bug" in the Multiplayer board, you'll find a multitude of posts about the problem... I'll go hunt some up when I'm through here and bump them up so you can read them.

Again... us "old folks" love seeing the "new folks" here in the Forum and all of the new people playing online is fantastic. No one is here to jump on you guys, but we expect the same in return. We're all a big family and happy to welcome you as a part of it.

- Twy

------------------
"She who wields the skillet rules the world." - "The Forum Mommy"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
TRAPPER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 7:15 pm    Post subject: THE DROP Reply with quote Back to top

okay agian i am sorry i understand how this forum works now.and thank you for the welcome
the last thing i wanto do is to upset the
the members of this forum.i never posted on a forum before this one and did not understand how you all are.i guse i live up to my sinature.thank you for setting me strate.

------------------
GL/HF{MW}TRAPPER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: