Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Ask Cooker!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject: Ask Cooker!!! Reply with quote Back to top

So, Cooker's somewhat expensive solution to a single Monk ( see here) whereby he sends Wizards through a Gate to kill a Withered Monk (cost: 2000 + 1000 + 400 = 3400 Gold) seemed excessive. It seemed that Cooker discounted the fact the Monk might have Sovereign sccess to Anti-Magic Shield, which would make the Wizards nearly impotent... or Vigilance, from his own Temple, which would all but negate Wither.

Anyway, I originally wanted "Stump Cooker!!" to be the title, but that seemed aggressive. What I think we can do here is take advantage of Cooker's lovely solutions. I open this topic to users who have a gameplay issue they can not seem to resolve. Feel free to ask Cooker how to solve it, and, if we're lucky, he'll show us how to solve a problem even if we don't have access to unlimited Gold, Time and Spells.

So, the idea will be to pose a question, perhaps, "What's the best way to kill a Monk?" Your answer might be, "Wither it, put 1000 Gold reward flag on it and gate in Wizards."
You might then counter: "But what if it has Anti-Magic Shield?"
Cooker would then impart more of his wisdom. Perhaps the Seventh Fleet, a Thermonuclear Device, or a ctrl-alt-delete trick!

Ask Away!

Blastoiseu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:36 pm    Post subject: Ask Cooker!!! Reply with quote Back to top

LOL ctrl-alt-del, what a classic, not that I haven't done that before..

Cooker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject: Ask Cooker!!! Reply with quote Back to top

Alt-F4 would do too, but it only technically kills the monk.
My method will kill the monk, that is all what I promised, I did not say it will price effectively kill the monk. Sorry to be argumentative, because that technique was never being tested. If itís found trying before itís tried, itís better left untried.

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:18 pm    Post subject: Ask Cooker!!! Reply with quote Back to top

Dear Cooker,

I'm married to this sneaky little Cultist and he keeps disappearing for long periods of time. I swear I've heard his high-pitched obnoxious giggle coming from the Elven Lounge down the road, but I don't have any proof. Can you please tell me if Majesty 2 will include the ability to take the roofs off of the buildings so I can see inside?

- Twy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
smeagol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:50 pm    Post subject: Ask Cooker!!! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Of Nine:
So, Cooker's somewhat expensive solution to a single Monk ( see here) whereby he sends Wizards through a Gate to kill a Withered Monk (cost: 2000 + 1000 + 400 = 3400 Gold) seemed excessive. It seemed that Cooker discounted the fact the Monk might have Sovereign sccess to Anti-Magic Shield, which would make the Wizards nearly impotent... or Vigilance, from his own Temple, which would all but negate Wither.

Since Monks don't use healing potions, I would try to use ranged poison.

Maybe 1 or 2 level 2 rogues guilds, a couple of rangers guilds. You can add one more of each of these if it is a really long game or large map.
If you go fervus, you could add a cultist guild or two and I would also use wither to help counter any sovereign spells the opponent would be using.
If you went the healer route, I would find out which hero the monk is attacking, and I would hotkey that hero, and bless and maybe vigilant that hero, and heal him when appropriate.

Also you will need some sort of cannon fodder like solari, or your own monks, or such, to try and keep the ranged poisoners alive longer.

I would flag each one of them to get my heroís to swarm.

Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:50 pm    Post subject: Ask Cooker!!! Reply with quote Back to top

from what (little) i know about monks, it seems like a ROK swarm of barbs gated in would do the trick better than wizards. You'd have to be able to heal quickly with even just 2 or 3 decent level roking barbs wailing on that monk, not taking into consideration the instant hit kills. Still, no armor against barb clubs is a bad combo for those on the receiving end of their hits.

And twy as far as I can tell you for contolling your little cultist husband, he needs to truly FEEL the power of your iron skillet if ya get my drift. That or you could quite easily give him a nasty wedgie what with those skimpy shreds of loincloth cultists always wear.

Ohhh wait a second, I just realized I'm not Cooker.

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: Ask Cooker!!! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger:

That's OK, Tiger dear... Smeagol forgot he wasn't Cooker, too.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Cooker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:06 am    Post subject: Ask Cooker!!! Reply with quote Back to top

Worship Krypta and Lunord, Wither (unbalanced) Steven and Windfeet yourself, he shouldn't be able to go far ... In the worst case, you CAN take roof of the eleven lounges (not another General motors plant) with a Tornado, if you have the gold.

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:06 am    Post subject: Ask Cooker!!! Reply with quote Back to top

Problem: the enemy has ringed his town with ballista towers. He's using an outpost to house several gnomes who are very fast at fixing the towers.

The settings have been used to eliminate Sorcerer's Abodes from the build tree. What's my best bet to take down those towers?

smeagol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:42 am    Post subject: Ask Cooker!!! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Twylah Skye:
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger:

That's OK, Tiger dear... Smeagol forgot he wasn't Cooker, too.

thanks for reminding me
*POOF* presto-changeo
...My memory isnt what it used to be LOL

Cooker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:46 am    Post subject: Ask Cooker!!! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Of Nine:
Problem: the enemy has ringed his town with ballista towers. He's using an outpost to house several gnomes who are very fast at fixing the towers.

The settings have been used to eliminate Sorcerer's Abodes from the build tree. What's my best bet to take down those towers?

solution 1:
2 full temple of barbs, ROK, pray they don't take too much damage before bringing down ballista towers.
solution 2:
3 full temples of adepts, they have a lot of dodge.
solution 3:
build a wizard guild in from of the tower, recruit a wizard, flag, constant invisiblity ( risky )
solution 4:
monks, if there is some work that can't be done by anyone else, try monks.

I bet the best solution is one of these.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: