Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Dumb Luck Rangers, Refex, or Lag?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2001 2:02 am    Post subject: Dumb Luck Rangers, Refex, or Lag? Reply with quote Back to top

Y'know, there's a lot of new folks out there playing MP games and this is a great thread... so I'm bringing it back up to the top.

- Twy

------------------
Not really a Royal Advisor. I'm just the Forum Mommy!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Korben

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2001 4:08 pm    Post subject: Dumb Luck Rangers, Refex, or Lag? Reply with quote Back to top

Yes it is, thanks for bringing it back!

Hmm I wish this board had chat, I saw you browsing at the same time..

I'm the 2nd oldest here... the oldest is 70 years old (at least he tells so)

best regards Korb

Zephyr22

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2001 2:27 am    Post subject: Dumb Luck Rangers, Refex, or Lag? Reply with quote Back to top

Hello I had just a couple of things on my mind....just from comments in this thread.

Quote:
with 30k (silliness)

First of all I don't see why 30k would be silliness. Lag is definitely a problem with Majesty and this helps the game to move faster. Also this gives the more skilled player an advantage, because if some "dumb luck" were to happen it would give a person more room for error, and give them something to make a comeback with. My two cents on that.

I was also wondering if this makes sense to people. I went to play at my friends house over a LAN thinking Majesty would fly in multiplayer. He had a 800mhz Athlon with 256RAM and a new $300 video card. I had a p3 500mhz with 128 RAM, and $200 video card and we still experienced lag once we started getting to 3rd lvl palace. We were on a small map but did have wandering monsters. Anyways this really surprised me.....is this normal?

Sorry about wrong thread......but I need to know!!!! hehe Later!

------------------
As you wander through life, whatever may be your goal. Keep your eye upon the doughnut and not upon the hole!

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2001 3:22 am    Post subject: Dumb Luck Rangers, Refex, or Lag? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Zephyr22:
First of all I don't see why 30k would be silliness. Lag is definitely a problem with Majesty and this helps the game to move faster. Also this gives the more skilled player an advantage, because if some "dumb luck" were to happen it would give a person more room for error, and give them something to make a comeback with. My two cents on that.

In response to this question, you took this so far out of context I had trouble finding it. The answer is in this paragraph:

quote:
Originally posted by Steven of Nine:

Also, giving a Krolm-player 30k is giving him the game. It allows him to set up an income: 2 lvl 3 markets fed by a trading post (although the game only lasted long enough for a couple of caravans) will almost allow Krolm players to RoK continuously. And, yes, the second player had priestesses, and taking out their guild was a PLEASURE.

Actually, the answer to this is in the entire post but the above paragraph sums up some of the salient points.

Goldy

------------------
"I am a champion!"

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Zephyr22

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2001 4:54 am    Post subject: Dumb Luck Rangers, Refex, or Lag? Reply with quote Back to top

HEHE...your right it is all right there. When I saw 30k silliness I just flew off the rocker

I'm sorry it goes back to my Starcraft days when people said high mineral maps were no skill. Always strikes a cord.

Anyway thanks for the reply.....What about the lag question I mentioned above?

------------------
As you wander through life, whatever may be your goal. Keep your eye upon the doughnut and not upon the hole!

[This message has been edited by Zephyr22 (edited 24 March 2001).]

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2001 10:03 am    Post subject: Dumb Luck Rangers, Refex, or Lag? Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately, with regards to lag read this:

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger:
Is there anyway to slow down the game? HA! That's an easy one! May I present to you all....
Tiger's garanteed method of slowing down Majesty:

Step one, build lots of temples to krypta.

Step too, fill those temples with heroes and watch the skeletons flood your town. (don't worry they're good skeletons!)

Step free, build lots of temples to Fervus.

Step for, fill those temples to Fervus with cultists.

Stip fiveoh, watch as the crowds of skeletons in your town have all sorts of charmed giant rats and other assorted critters running around with them.

Congratulations! You have successfully slowed down your game of Majesty to a more than managable level. Enjoy the single player game lag!

This was a humorous reply to a question about how to slow down the game speed in the General Discussions Forum.

Goldy

------------------
"I am a champion!"

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: