Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Majesty 2 screenshot discusion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Golem XV

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

sounds like a good possibility to me
because there was awful lot of peasent looking thigns walking bout the town in one of the screen shots maybe thats how inns and marketplaces and other thigns get thier money (by the peasents going in and buying the essentials)

Cooker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:
Maybe the number next to the Crown is a population count.....

there is NO WAY what so ever to have 10000 unit running on the same map.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:22 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Cooker:
there is NO WAY what so ever to have 10000 unit running on the same map.

Uh.....I said population count, not hero/unit count. There is a difference. This is all speculation. Some have guessed that those road are placed by the player. That would imply that the game had more emphasis on city building simulation. Population counts are a common element in city building games. As far as 10,000 units on the same map. You haven't played SimCity4 have you?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
housefish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think it the population count either... when I looked at the picture of dirgo you can see a small red dot which I believe is dirgo. What I also noticed is that there are small white dots in the city which are the peasants. You can check the original screen and see that the little white dots all fit nicely with the villigers on the screen. Also after counting them all up there were only 18 or so. While this is a set up from original majesty it does not appear to be mass hoards of peasents.

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

(Moved from freestanding post)

Originally posted by "Your Majesty"
-------------------------------

Your Majesty
Garrulous Member
Member # 710

posted 29. April 2003 07:07pm
------------------

It's been a real long time since I last posted here. Some of you may remember me, some of you may have never heard of me. I won the Best Majesty Fan Site contest sometime ago With "Your Majety's Castle". Not sure if this is online anymore.

Anyway, I only recently heard of Majesty 2 and thought I would start visiting this place more often. I'm pretty excited about a follow-up game. The screens look awesome!

--------------------
Your Majesty aka Zombie Keeper
ZombieKeeper.com
Horror Movie Reviews
-------------------------
-----------------------------------------

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
wavefront

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by housefish:
I don't think it the population count either... when I looked at the picture of dirgo you can see a small red dot which I believe is dirgo. What I also noticed is that there are small white dots in the city which are the peasants. You can check the original screen and see that the little white dots all fit nicely with the villigers on the screen. Also after counting them all up there were only 18 or so. While this is a set up from original majesty it does not appear to be mass hoards of peasents.

The White dots are also the heroes and guards (I've mapped the locations of all known buildings on the magnifier). The population of the city is less than the number of workers in city building games. I still think 20,000 is a little high for a population. I think that the gold might be personal wealth for the king and the other number is the wealth for the city. If M2 is a campaign style city builder game then you might be able to take some of your personal wealth with you from scenario to scenario (this would be similar to some of the city builder games).

Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps this mystery resource number is like comand points. And instead of using just gold to affect and influnce your heroes you need command points to make them do things. And perhaps by doing things such as building/exploring/killing stuff/i.e. normal hero actions and behavior do you accumulate more command points. This may add a more strategic element and take from the "economic" strategy that used to be crucial for victories in old Majesty.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

While I have no strong conviction that the number next to the Crown is a population count I think that theory is just as likely as the others. I was just tossing it out there as a possibility. In most city builder games I have played the number of units one sees on the screen may be related and increase with the population count but what one sees on the screen is usually a small fraction of that population.

Examples of games that have population counts are Civilization, Zeus/Poseidon, Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom, SimCity. You don't see every single citizen in these games represented as a unit on screen.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 2:35 am    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by "Your Majesty":
It's been a real long time since I last posted here. Some of you may remember me, some of you may have never heard of me. I won the Best Majesty Fan Site contest sometime ago With "Your Majety's Castle". Not sure if this is online anymore.

Hi Your Majesty! Of course we remember the Your Majesty site. It's a pity it went off-line though - a bunch of us had on-and-off fan-fictions going on in the forums.

Welcome back!

M

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 4:33 am    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe the crown syMbol is the number of crowns you have!

[ 30. April 2003, 05:34 AM: Message edited by: MMMMM ]

DreamRain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 5:40 am    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

I've only glanced at the screenshots, but when I saw the amazon with the white flag over her head (the flag has 2 'people' figures in it) my speculation was that it indicated how many 'followers' she had - given that the screenshot text was describing what barracks were used for.

But thought bubbles aren't a bad idea either. Maybe she was thinking "Move, peasant, you're in my way....."

Being one of the (apparently few) ardent fans of the Monk, I would miss them a lot...and I refuse to assume they're gone, entirely. Perhaps they're still there in some other re-vamped form. And perhaps the Amazon replaces the PALADIN...ever think of that? huh? huh? huh? LOL

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:06 am    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

I'm moving this topic over to the new Majesty 2 area.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: